British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington Comets V Glasgow Tigers 18/04/15 19:00hrs (lc)

There was some good racing last night , Workington kept plugging away despite being behind until heat 8, they deserved the win in the end, however I was pleasantly surprised that we got a 5 - 1 in heat 15 with some superb team riding to steal a point. I sincerely hope the Comets win next saturday

Enjoyable nights racing we looked on course for another away win but the Comets upped there game in the second half off the meeting and in the end deserved the win, I was just happy to come away with a point at the end and set's things up nicely for Today if the smug lot think that next week is a gimme at Worky they can think again well done to the Comets on the victory but the point we got could be crucial.

• Like 2

Looks like two very evenly matched teams according to the updates and the odd comment on here?

Disappointed that we dropped the point with a last heat 1-5, seems like that old nemesis of ours is still hanging around, still, a wins a win and although we've dropped too many points to be candidates for the semi's, we can use the remaining matches to get ourselves up to speed as a team for the PL?

Hope the track was a bit better than last week and you all got some decent racing, hoping the weather will play ball next week for the E,boro match, will be my first viewing of a full Comets team this season so looking forward to that and seeing how we go!! ;)

I couldn't go last night either, good to see Glasgow fans saing there was good racing. We didn't drop a pt but allowed Glasgow to get one, all wins are 3 pts now, as you maybe know LL. The way the team is set up I think the matches are better won before ht 15 and I'm not being derogatory to anybody.

Some good racing, surprised Richard Lawson did not win more races but Glasgow are a strong side from 1 to 7 and all capable of winning races.

some tough no prisoners riding from Kyle well backed by Ricky , Rusty and to a lesser extent Rene who suffered from mechanical problems.

Nice touch from some of the Comets fans to boo Richard Lawson, very classy. :oops:

• Like 1

i bet the boos came from the posh end, the grandstand. 1st and 2nd benders dont do that stuff. proper supporters. not ignorant .

I couldn't go last night either, good to see Glasgow fans saing there was good racing. We didn't drop a pt but allowed Glasgow to get one, all wins are 3 pts now, as you maybe know LL. The way the team is set up I think the matches are better won before ht 15 and I'm not being derogatory to anybody.

Well aware of the pts set up C49 but I'm glad you brought that up, was looking at the LC table on the BSPA website and we have 3pts despite having only won one meeting "dropping" a point ;) to Glasgow would only give us two, been wondering if I'd missed something in the new rules for this season!! :D

Agree tho, with our Ht 15 record recently, I would prefer them over before the fat lady sings as well!! :t: