British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Glasgow (lc) 24/4/15 @7.30pm

Your no1 and Kozza must be bit of a concern if you sights are winning theLeague now.Lawson is not showing Pl form Kozza is not showing any form.

The league will not be decided with away matches against Edinburgh Richard and Kozza will do just fine

• Like 2

well thats how you fire through a meeting. Some cracking racing tonight between Masters and Cook.Also Morris was good as expected though as the guy is quality to watch round the dale

Another T.R disaster at the dale this time the tiggers turn.

In the end the score line flattered the tigers with Riss falling twice once when on 4-2 and the other on a 5-1 both ended up resulting in 3-3's. Also Sedgmen with and EF at the tapes in heat 8 witch he probably would of won.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Despite the near continuous drizzle, the track was superbly prepared with Cookie equalling his own track record in ht 1.

The racing was top drawer with plenty passing.and the meeting completed by 9pm.

Craig, Sam, Nick, and Aaron were the star turns, with ex Tiger favourite Wölbert ( :P ) also providing a match deciding 10 pts for the Monarchs cause.

Lawson once again flattered to deceive, and I can see the highly impressive Nick Morris becoming the Tigers no. 1 very soon.

Re heat 14, imo Branford kept going inside Riss too hard throughout the race with the inevitable consequence that Erik was left with nowhere to go on the 3rd bend of lap 3 when the pair were well ahead of Kozza.

• Like 1

Lawson once again flattered to deceive, and I can see the highly impressive Nick Morris becoming the Tigers no. 1 very soon.

Anyone who's looked at the averages on the BSPA could also see Nick becoming number 1 very soon. Next Friday infact :D

More worryingly for Edinburgh fans must be that the former PL #1 isn't even #1 at Edinburgh any more :o

Edited by SCB

well thats how you fire through a meeting. Some cracking racing tonight between Masters and Cook.Also Morris was good as expected though as the guy is quality to watch round the dale

In the end the score line flattered the tigers with Riss falling twice once when on 4-2 and the other on a 5-1 both ended up resulting in 3-3's. Also Sedgmen with and EF at the tapes in heat 8 witch he probably would of won.

It was a TR disaster! I' d rather a disaster with two riders wanting the best for their team rather than Branford "I turned as hard as I could" & Riss' effort.

Also Richard getting brought back in 13 seems to of escaped your all seeing eye!

On top of all that we had an NL guest who rode like 00Wolbert did for the majority of last year!! Think we done alright ;)

It was a TR disaster! I' d rather a disaster with two riders wanting the best for their team rather than Branford "I turned as hard as I could" & Riss' effort.

Also Richard getting brought back in 13 seems to of escaped your all seeing eye!

On top of all that we had an NL guest who rode like 00Wolbert did for the majority of last year!! Think we done alright ;)

Lol, you did more than all right!! kept it interesting till the end. Lawson was on bend 2 when the tapes went up - lol!!! as for the t/r - refer to my earlier post, you were on a 1-7, eneded up a 3-5!.. now that would have put pressure on the Champions tomorrow - btw, this 3 points for any home win is crap - heat 15, if Glasgow had won a 4-2. surely a point loss for us and 1 for you was fairer?

Edited by DavyH
  • Like 1

Great win by Rob in heat 14, trying to team ride doesn't always go to plan , but hey ho, neither does letting a rider through on a tactical. Lol

Junior

• Like 1

Anyone who's looked at the averages on the BSPA could also see Nick becoming number 1 very soon. Next Friday infact :D

More worryingly for Edinburgh fans must be that the former PL #1 isn't even #1 at Edinburgh any more :o

I'm sure were really worried SCB.

LOL. Are you trying to take over from Gavan on here? :D

I'm pretty sure that no-one in Edinburgh will be getting too stressed that Craig is moving out of the number 1 position whilst delivering a 10.43 average (with bonus) so far this season in the PLC...

this was against a side whose number one could my score, there riders at 2 and 4 were poor and had a reserve who scored zero! To only win by 8 is pretty poor and if Sargeant was riding Glasgow would possibly have won
  • Like 3

After last year's succession of drab one-sided local derbies, this was exactly what was required.

Monarchs needed to win by more than 6 - check

Tiggers needed to keep it close - check

A track record (always a bonus) - check

A meeting pushed through quickly - check

No injuries - check

Enough "what ifs" on both sides - check

What's not to like?

Sorry Govan (I mean Gavan) you can try to stir it but I doubt anyone will bite.

You forgot to mention Sedgy blowing a motor in heat 8 when previously unbeaten.

• Like 1

What a brilliant meeting, I thought we would be lucky to see 10 heats with the constant drizzle but doc and his team got it perfect again. From cookie equalling the track record in heat one through to sam and nick having a great battle in ht15 a great night and those who chose to stay away were the real losers. Not as big a crowd as I was expecting and didn't appear too many tiger's fans which was disappointing.

Both teams have some real quality this year, looking forward to some great battles over the season. Over the course of the two matches I think we probably threw away more points than Glasgow but it'll be too close to call, still might get both teams through in the league cup.

Monarchs missing Kev tonight will make it tough but we should still have enough to keep it close enough to finish ahead of the tigers, would be good to clinch the one point to make it certain but that is a big ask. The comets still have an outside chance if they get a couple of big wins and 4 points at Berwick so not celebrating anything yet but a great job tonight from the monarchs.

this was against a side whose number one could my score, there riders at 2 and 4 were poor and had a reserve who scored zero! To only win by 8 is pretty poor and if Sargeant was riding Glasgow would possibly have won

erik falling twice when on a 5-1 and 4-2 and sedgy blowing an engine at the start of heat 8 witch he probably would of won made the score a lot closer than it was. If it wasn't for these incidents we would of hit 55 with ease

Won't see us complaining. Having two number 1 in your side isn't exactly a bad thing

Edited by Mr Blobby

What a brilliant meeting, I thought we would be lucky to see 10 heats with the constant drizzle but doc and his team got it perfect again. From cookie equalling the track record in heat one through to sam and nick having a great battle in ht15 a great night and those who chose to stay away were the real losers. Not as big a crowd as I was expecting and didn't appear too many tiger's fans which was disappointing.

Both teams have some real quality this year, looking forward to some great battles over the season. Over the course of the two matches I think we probably threw away more points than Glasgow but it'll be too close to call, still might get both teams through in the league cup.

Monarchs missing Kev tonight will make it tough but we should still have enough to keep it close enough to finish ahead of the tigers, would be good to clinch the one point to make it certain but that is a big ask. The comets still have an outside chance if they get a couple of big wins and 4 points at Berwick so not celebrating anything yet but a great job tonight from the monarchs.

Why is Wolbert missing at Workington tonight?