British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paddy The Rebel

Betting For Whole Season

Have Ladbrokes decided to not open a market for League Speedway after the cock up last week?

I think they've just limited everyone so there's no point.

Incorrect Zagar`s flight into to Stansted was delayed and the Reading management made the late change- I was his chauffeur that night and we arrived at Foxhall around half way through the match.

How much did you and Matt win :P

How much did you and Matt win :P

I can 100% say " nothing ". Matej was somewhat pi$$ed off that his place wasn`t kept open so that he could ride when we got there( his bikes were there with his mechanic) So he insisted that we arrived there so people would know that he made every effort. I dropped him back at a Stansted hotel after the meeting ready for his morning flight to the GP(Sweden I think)

I can 100% say " nothing ". Matej was somewhat pi$$ed off that his place wasn`t kept open so that he could ride when we got there( his bikes were there with his mechanic) So he insisted that we arrived there so people would know that he made every effort. I dropped him back at a Stansted hotel after the meeting ready for his morning flight to the GP(Sweden I think)

Fair enough ...your can't get better info about speedway betting than what you had that night .

Fair enough ...your can't get better info about speedway betting than what you had that night .

At that time I wasn`t part of the Reading management- I was doing a bit of local radio commentary and it so happened Radio Berks were covering this away match- so muggins volunteered to pick Matej up.I can remember quite a few mobile phone conversations about the flight situation whilst I was waiting at Stansted and to be honest I never thought at all about having a bet !!!

• Like 1

This is my version of what happened

Around about midday somebody informed me there was some sensational news about todays match between Ipswich v Reading but would not tell me any more at the time . He has never been on the Speedway Forum but was quite a big gambler. Those days the bookies put the odds up much earlier. I think around 15.00 with Ipswich -6 and Reading +6 both around 10/11 each. Then I was told both Greg Hancock and Matej Zagar had both missed their flights . So it was all systems go to pile into Ipswich to win When I got over to Foxhall thinking this is the easiest money I have ever earnt backing Ipswich. I know my informant and his mate got 4 figures on the Witches. I spoke to John Louis about it (he knew nothing about gambling) and he said our guest Rory Schlein tonight I have agreed he can ride for Reading otherwise the meeting will be a shambles. So Rory Schlein rode in Matej Zagar's place(who arrived half way through the meeting) and Scott Campos was the number one for Reading instead of Greg Hancock. Ipswich won easily and the rest was history . Sky bet were reputed to have lost over 100k on that night and stopped laying any speedway matches in the future unless they were live until quite recently. Bet Fred stopped taking bets on Speedway and that exists till today Stan James were the first of the big bookmaker to lay odds on speedway matches but now they only lay on live matches So that night nearly killed betting on Speedway and most now apply limit on how much they will take

This is my version of what happened

Around about midday somebody informed me there was some sensational news about todays match between Ipswich v Reading but would not tell me any more at the time . He has never been on the Speedway Forum but was quite a big gambler. Those days the bookies put the odds up much earlier. I think around 15.00 with Ipswich -6 and Reading +6 both around 10/11 each. Then I was told both Greg Hancock and Matej Zagar had both missed their flights . So it was all systems go to pile into Ipswich to win When I got over to Foxhall thinking this is the easiest money I have ever earnt backing Ipswich. I know my informant and his mate got 4 figures on the Witches. I spoke to John Louis about it (he knew nothing about gambling) and he said our guest Rory Schlein tonight I have agreed he can ride for Reading otherwise the meeting will be a shambles. So Rory Schlein rode in Matej Zagar's place(who arrived half way through the meeting) and Scott Campos was the number one for Reading instead of Greg Hancock. Ipswich won easily and the rest was history . Sky bet were reputed to have lost over 100k on that night and stopped laying any speedway matches in the future unless they were live until quite recently. Bet Fred stopped taking bets on Speedway and that exists till today Stan James were the first of the big bookmaker to lay odds on speedway matches but now they only lay on live matches So that night nearly killed betting on Speedway and most now apply limit on how much they will take

100 K lol even in the old days sky bet would take 20 and 30 tops on speedway bets sometimes you were lucky get a fiver on ...to say they lost 100k is absolute rubbish ..

Just home.Didn't have time to post earlier, but went BV win +2 @1.95 with Bet365

Zengota o7 for Poole tonight is very appealing. Very little else stands out to me. If Schlein is feeling the knee injury tonight then would fancy Grajczonek to outscored him from scratch in the h2h.

Well after loosing on Doyle after his spill and Jake Allens 15 points last night put pay to my bet of BV win +2,i'm going again and hoping for a better outcome :mad:

Nilsson over 10 and small on 10 ex @1.80 and 6.50

Zengota over 7 and small on 7ex @2.10 and 6.50.I think this is a risky one but his last 2 visits he managed 21 points in total ( I think).Slightly different track and he might take a ride or 2 to find his set up.Odds ain't bad so i'll have a pop.

Good luck if having a bet. :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Some profit.Money back on Zengota

Profit from Nilsson.

Gone Masters over and ex 8 @2.10 and 6.50 with 365.

I think he will get 5 rides.

Can't se much I fancy.Gone with Poole +9 win @1.90.Bet365