British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Its very simple

Dont put the British semi finals around the time of the GP.

The British Final used to be a qualifier to go further in the World Championship. It isnt anymore therefore a GP to the World Champion will be of far more importance than the British Championship

To say that you need to ride in your home country to qualify to ride for your country is rather ridiculous.

Does Gareth Bale play for a Welsh club?

Does Luis Suarez play for a Uruguayan club?

Does Lionel Messi play for an Argentinian club?

Does Christiano Ronaldo play for a Portuguese club?

The answer is no. Tai is no different. That's the end of it so keeping this thread going is pointless.

p.s. Dazzafl - yes he should ride for Team GB in 2017 and (barring injuries) for years to come no matter where he plies his trade.

• Like 4

To say that you need to ride in your home country to qualify to ride for your country is rather ridiculous.

Does Gareth Bale play for a Welsh club?

Does Luis Suarez play for a Uruguayan club?

Does Lionel Messi play for an Argentinian club?

Does Christiano Ronaldo play for a Portuguese club?

The answer is no. Tai is no different. That's the end of it so keeping this thread going is pointless.

p.s. Dazzafl - yes he should ride for Team GB in 2017 and (barring injuries) for years to come no matter where he plies his trade.

Very well put.

I look forward to seeing Tai wearing Great Britain colours for many years to come.

My take is that Gavan has something to offer the forum we don't always hit it off but i agree with him also a fair bit.Life would be boring if we all agreed wouldnt it?And my answer for Dazz is Tai will and should be a GB rider for as long as he wants base the team around Tai/Lambert.

One thing i will say is i would be disappointed if he didnt bother with the British Final next year. I can understand this year with scheduling etc and will understand if thats the same next year if he simply cant be bothered i will be dissapointed as i font think thats the mark of someone who wants to help British Speedway, he should still be in team GB though

• Like 1

One thing i will say is i would be disappointed if he didnt bother with the British Final next year. I can understand this year with scheduling etc and will understand if thats the same next year if he simply cant be bothered i will be dissapointed as i font think thats the mark of someone who wants to help British Speedway, he should still be in team GB though

Did you not watch Coventry v Swindon last night? Matt Bates commented that Tai has really helped him with his throttle control. Another case of Tai helping an up and coming British youngster. So if that's not the mark of someone who wants to help British speedway I don't know what is..!

• Like 2

you see i am on the other foot there..

if Tai rode like he did in the SWC which of course he would.. would anyone get a look in around him to win the british title in fact at any track around the UK..

I wouldnt want to see Tai ride through the card and win it.. I would like to see him in the pits and helping the other guys and helping Rosco build a team around him.. I dont think he needs to ride in the Final but being part of it yeah..

Of course its just my opinion but when he is throwing in full max's for wroclaw and he is doing it for fun.. he is top of his game at the minute and i can for sure see another World Championship for him this year.. i in fact have money on it..

I wouldnt want to see Tai ride through the card and win it.. I would like to see him in the pits and helping the other guys and helping Rosco build a team around him.. I dont think he needs to ride in the Final but being part of it yeah..

In the absence of an ideal world :wink: I can see the sense in that argument and wouldn't have a problem with that scenario.

you see i am on the other foot there..

if Tai rode like he did in the SWC which of course he would.. would anyone get a look in around him to win the british title in fact at any track around the UK..

Of course its just my opinion but when he is throwing in full max's for wroclaw and he is doing it for fun.. he is top of his game at the minute and i can for sure see another World Championship for him this year.. i in fact have money on it..

Agree in the main only thing i would say is that how much better would it be for the champion to beat Tai to win it its not like he's completely unbeatable

Did you not watch Coventry v Swindon last night? Matt Bates commented that Tai has really helped him with his throttle control. Another case of Tai helping an up and coming British youngster. So if that's not the mark of someone who wants to help British speedway I don't know what is..!

I hadnt seen that great if thats the case

Agree in the main only thing i would say is that how much better would it be for the champion to beat Tai to win it its not like he's completely unbeatable

from watching the British Final to watching the SWC do you honestly feel that any rider in that field would score as heavy as Tai and in fact beat him in any race..

not saying he cannot be beaten what i am saying is as unfortunate as it is there is no rider in the UK that is on Tai's level both equipment wise or ability..

that has come from Tai riding outside this country with riders of equal or better ability to him to hone his skills and make him a better rider. something he just couldnt have done riding in this country.. if you want to be better at anything do that against better people than you..

learn adapt and utilise that experience.. the same can be said for anything in life.

and Josh Bates when being interviewed by chris louis who helped him a lot at mildenhall said glad to see you have throttle control now you didnt at mildenhall.. to which Josh bates said yeah i worked with Woffy and he taught me a lot about rolling off coming out of a corner to gain traction.. his work may not be public all the time but he does do his bit..

Edited by Dazzafl

from watching the British Final to watching the SWC do you honestly feel that any rider in that field would score as heavy as Tai and in fact beat him in any race..

not saying he cannot be beaten what i am saying is as unfortunate as it is there is no rider in the UK that is on Tai's level both equipment wise or ability..

that has come from Tai riding outside this country with riders of equal or better ability to him to hone his skills and make him a better rider. something he just couldnt have done riding in this country.. if you want to be better at anything do that against better people than you..

learn adapt and utilise that experience.. the same can be said for anything in life.

and Matt Bates when being interviewed by chris louis who helped him a lot at mildenhall said glad to see you have throttle control now you didnt at mildenhall.. to which matt bates said yeah i worked with Woffy and he taught me a lot about rolling off coming out of a corner to gain traction.. his work may not be public all the time but he does do his bit..

Its Josh Bates by the way. No i think he would win but he could be beaten he wouldnt of won 3 in a row if it wasnt for a crash as he was being well beaten at the time. Im a massive Tai fan but as in my original post i would be dissapointed if he could ride next year (logistics allowing) but decided not to thats just speaking as a fan

• Like 1

Its Josh Bates by the way. No i think he would win but he could be beaten he wouldnt of won 3 in a row if it wasnt for a crash as he was being well beaten at the time. Im a massive Tai fan but as in my original post i would be dissapointed if he could ride next year (logistics allowing) but decided not to thats just speaking as a fan

it was only i was chatting to Matt the oher day lol.. all changed thanks for picking that one up..

I agree with you on the whole.. would love to see him ride in the UK more but I am a realist and know where he is riding now is the best for him and it is keeping at his peak.. I just cannot see the value of him riding in the Final as he doesnt need the GP wildcard slot and he has wont it 3 times already as he said let the other guys win it.. look at Danny King since winning it he has really come on leaps and bounds and his confidence is so high at the miunte.. GP race win.. SWC race win.. would he have done that if he had been beaten in the Final.. ?? jury is out on that one.. but i say winning it has built his confidence and he is riding out of his skin at the minute.

Edited by Dazzafl
  • Like 1

and Josh Bates when being interviewed by chris louis who helped him a lot at mildenhall said glad to see you have throttle control now you didnt at mildenhall.. to which Josh bates said yeah i worked with Woffy and he taught me a lot about rolling off coming out of a corner to gain traction.. his work may not be public all the time but he does do his bit..

Is there an echo in here? :D

• Like 1

I am sure we`d all like to wish Tai a very happy 26th birthday for today.

I am sure we`d all like to wish Tai a very happy 26th birthday for today.

Don't tar me with that brush thank you . just becuase you are a sycophant dont assume that everyone else is