British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

You raising this matter up, sums you up. Tai's success is British success.

You as a former promotor should be agreeing with me but i see that you don't mind that a crowd puller and big asset for British speedway couldn't care less about British speedway

So you only care about tai future and not British speedway future that sums you up.

So British speedway is ruined by the fact that Tai is not riding in this country this season?

Total and utter tosh.

You pick a team that is going to give you the best chance of winning, and having Tai in the team gives us that chance.

A successful National team should go some way to building the future of the sport in this country.

I would rather talk about who after Tai and Bomber we bring into the team for the final team places, I think that Rosco has the perfect opportunity to bring in some fresh new blood.

So British speedway is ruined by the fact that Tai is not riding in this country this season?

Total and utter tosh.

You pick a team that is going to give you the best chance of winning, and having Tai in the team gives us that chance.

A successful National team should go some way to building the future of the sport in this country.

I would rather talk about who after Tai and Bomber we bring into the team for the final team places, I think that Rosco has the perfect opportunity to bring in some fresh new blood.

When the number 1 British rider doesn't want to ride in British speedway then it says it all.

I would drop tai and give the kids a chance, we don't need a rider who doesn't want to be a part of British speedway.

When the number 1 British rider doesn't want to ride in British speedway then it says it all.

I would drop tai and give the kids a chance, we don't need a rider who doesn't want to be a part of British speedway.

You really do have some peculiar views.

You are right about one thing though - it certainly does "say it all" - it "says it all" about the state of British Speedway and nothing at all about Tai.

If Tai, who is an ambitious young Rider, reckons that British Speedway isn't worth the candle, and that he needs to leave it to improve who are you, or me, to gainsay that.

He should certainly ride for Great Britain in the SWC - we should pick our very best Riders and Tai is one of those - whether you like it or not.

• Like 3

You are right about one thing though - it certainly does "say it all" - it "says it all" about the state of British Speedway and nothing at all about Tai.

If Tai, who is an ambitious young Rider, reckons that British Speedway isn't worth the candle, and that he needs to leave it to improve who are you, or me, to gainsay that.

He should certainly ride for Great Britain in the SWC - we should pick our very best Riders and Tai is one of those - whether you like it or not.

its funny that zagar,holder,bomber,Iversen,batchelor,AJ don't think British speedway will damage there chances to be world champion

Correct as in Speedway thou more so in Poland it would not be allowed to happen in the first place ...As I ask before what riders from the main nations don't ride in there own league ?

Which other main nation has fixtures on 5 different nights of the week spread haphazardly throughout the season?

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Which other main nation has fixtures on 5 different nights of the week spread haphazardly throughout the season?

Other GP riders race in Britain

It does say it all.

Just not in the way you think it does.

It says just how poorly run the sport is in this country.

Other GP riders race in Britain

So?

Tai raced in Britain last year, he isn't this.

It's his choice. Simple.

• Like 1

If British speedway paid the pay, the top riders would amazingly find ways to fit it into their schedules as they did in the old days.

• Like 1

its funny that zagar,holder,bomber,Iversen,batchelor,AJ don't think British speedway will damage there chances to be world champion

Everyone Of those bar Harris has at one time or another decided that they didnt want Brititsh speedway eithe so as usual a terrible argument

• Like 1

He doesn't reckon British speedway is worth the candle NOW . but he was quite happy to make use of it to get started . I'm sure he doesn't he doesn't think Scunthorpe , Rye House , Poole or Wolverhampton are worth the candle now, they have served their purpose and they and their supporters can go swivel as far as he's concerned . personally I'm Glad he's gone .British speedway is no worse for his absence and with any luck it will make a few promoters think twice before employing GP riders , and might even make them consider if it's worth running the worlds training scheme, only to get kicked in the teeth as soon as the riders they have trained thing they are too big for Britain any longer

Everyone Of those bar Harris has at one time or another decided that they didnt want Brititsh speedway eithe so as usual a terrible argument

Zagar iversen and AJ didnt learn to ride here ,so they are free to do as they please. Batchelor has never opted out . so that leaves former British speedway academy rider Holder, who did ,

The idea that riders owe us something because they started off here is absolute poppycock. It's a two way street anyway, I'm sure Scunthorpe, Rye House & Wolves have all benefitted enormously from having him in their teams over the years through bums on seats, sponsorship etc. As BW says British Speedway has failed to adapt to the needs of many of the top stars. That is the BSPA's perogative but we have no room to moan if some of those top riders decide not to ride over here, wherever they happened to learn their trade.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 2

The idea that riders owe us something because they started off here is absolute poppycock. It's a two way street anyway, I'm sure Scunthorpe, Rye House & Wolves have all benefitted enormously from having him in their teams over the years through bums on seats, sponsorship etc. As BW says British Speedway has failed to adapt to the needs of many of the top stars. That is the BSPA's perogative but we have no room to moan if some of those top riders decide not to ride over here, wherever they happened to learn their trade.

and that of course is your opinion , which you are welcome to .. of course despite the tone of the posting it does not constitute any sort of statute , and concequently does not override anyone elses view .

You tell 'em WK :t:

Tai is riding for Team GB in the Best Pairs next week, so end of story really!! :wink:

• Like 1