British Speedway Forum
hyderd

National Speedway Stadium Opening Tickets Now On Sale

The one on BV website not correct now, no terracing on bend 1 & 2 full stop (apart from a small section on bend 1 for riders and mechanics etc), there is terracing on bend 3 and 4 for league meetings but not for world cup as temporary grandstand will be there.

Thanks for this explanation

totally understand this point, but footy clubs still create big Monday night crowds where ever they play, and

surely the Manchester area alone could boost a british final night?

There never really seemed a big effort by Wolves to publicise the British final if I'm honest

Have to say I think the larger Belle Vue track will be much better suited. One of the reasons I disliked the meeting being at Wolves was being there after 11pm still waiting for a result. I want to be at home by that time.

Makes perfect sense to have the British Final on the same track as the SWC final and also on a big fast track in terms of trying to be successful in international events in general.

• Like 2

Makes perfect sense to have the British Final on the same track as the SWC final and also on a big fast track in terms of trying to be successful in international events in general.

Good practice for the Brits prior to the SWC.

Good practice for the Brits prior to the SWC.

Too late, If you check out all the big billboard posters springing up all around Manchester, some will confirm that the SWC actually took place on 29th & 30th July last year. :rofl:

• Like 1

Too late, If you check out all the big billboard posters springing up all around Manchester, some will confirm that the SWC actually took place on 29th & 30th July last year. :rofl:

Actually we was all wrong and it does state 2016

There never really seemed a big effort by Wolves to publicise the British final if I'm honest

Have to say I think the larger Belle Vue track will be much better suited. One of the reasons I disliked the meeting being at Wolves was being there after 11pm still waiting for a result. I want to be at home by that time.

The meeting being switched to Belle Vue, I can not see it making any difference to the time the meeting finishes. Is it not the GOD Sky TV that makes the meeting drag on, on and on. I will certainly be missing from BV that night (and I have no Sky TV).

The meeting being switched to Belle Vue, I can not see it making any difference to the time the meeting finishes. Is it not the GOD Sky TV that makes the meeting drag on, on and on. I will certainly be missing from BV that night (and I have no Sky TV).

What is the situation with potential sun breaks? Is the track protected against this by buildings or the way the track is placed in the stadium (which direction the straights face)

Genuine question.

It is great to see billboards advertising the World Cup.

When I started watching Belle Vue there were lots of Speedway bilboards around Manchester.

What is the situation with potential sun breaks? Is the track protected against this by buildings or the way the track is placed in the stadium (which direction the straights face)

Genuine question.

I am I terested in this myself.

The track is same direction as old track but we had a massive dogs scoreboard blocking the sun which is positioned over on 1st bend.

We do have the sports centre on the first bend but I don't think that will block out the sun as much as the old score board did.

Genuine question.

The track is protected by clouds.

• Like 7

Does anyone know if you can watch from the bends at the new track, or is it just on the straights?

Think when the Elite League starts there will be a mad rush for the terraces with Elite League admission £20 or £23 for the new stand.

Does anyone know if you can watch from the bends at the new track, or is it just on the straights?

Can watch 3rd and 4th bend. But not 1st and 2nd