British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Birmingham V Stoke Wed 29.4.

And you really think the BSF matters!!! Supporters dont go looking here for meeting info man!

This is the place of the whinger and whiner ;)

No i think that on here is the last place a maybe speedway convert would look, they'd probably check out their Facebook page, website and twitter accounts……. all of which only mentioned the meeting yesterday.

My point stands, to attract new fans one day before is far too late in the day to advertise a meeting.

No i think that on here is the last place a maybe speedway convert would look, they'd probably check out their Facebook page, website and twitter accounts……. all of which only mentioned the meeting yesterday.

My point stands, to attract new fans one day before is far too late in the day to advertise a meeting.

I don't think a day has gone by over the last week that there hasnt been something about last nights match on the sports pages of the local rag. Also on the local rags website.

Impressed with Zach again last night, excellent performance. He's really making an impact from reserve now.

Edited by Brummie Kev

unfortuantely for birminham once he leaves that reserve spot i think you will be eaqually as weak as the kent team.

1. ellis - okay guaranteed 12 a meeting

2. kirby -3-4 5 at best

3. chapman r/r i cant see more than 5 from this once zachs left reserve

4. zach 5-6 in the main body.

5. perry - will get 10 whereever at worst

6. wilson - i cant see getting any points away maybe 4 on avg at home

7. and unfortunately for banks i cant see him getting more than 3 this season.

Can anyone tell me if Phil Morris gets to Birmingham away meetings ?

unfortuantely for birminham once he leaves that reserve spot i think you will be eaqually as weak as the kent team.

1. ellis - okay guaranteed 12 a meeting

2. kirby -3-4 5 at best

3. chapman r/r i cant see more than 5 from this once zachs left reserve

4. zach 5-6 in the main body.

5. perry - will get 10 whereever at worst

6. wilson - i cant see getting any points away maybe 4 on avg at home

7. and unfortunately for banks i cant see him getting more than 3 this season.

BIt harsh singling out Kent and many teams have been built on the same template this year.

Birmingham, Kent, Rye, Kings Lynn & Mildenhall have all built with 3 established and dependable riders at 1,3,& 5. A number 4 with experience and expected improvement.

Most 2's have a seasons league experience at best whilst the majority of reserves are MDL graduates or second halfers with some ability.

Cradley have also built this way but obviously have the Perks factor.

Only 3 teams have built a 1-5 with decent experience throughout (Stoke, Buxton & Cov).

Im not saying which system is better as I cant decide. All I can say is that each team is built on potential. Some will achieve that and some will fall short same as every other year the team that has most riders achieving will be victorious.

P.S ive deliberately left out Eastbourne as there has been far to much chatter about them already.

It won't be all that bad...My lasting memory of this meeting is of the announcer comparing Alex Wilson to Tomasz Gollob, so if that's right, then the team will be alright. :t:

• Like 1

It was nice to hear the support for Harvie Banks last night. He is finding it hard at the moment but, will soon drop to reserve & having been in the main body i don't think it will be long until he's up to speed.Just stay with him.

So, kind of went as expected. Birmingham's top 2 were virtually untouchable, middle order for them was hit and miss, and Zach W was very good at reserve. For Stoke, Phillips impressed, Tedham scored good points, but the others seemed a little below par for what they will expect of themselves.

As for the meeting, not a bad meeting. Glad to see everyone get up after the horrible looking crash in heat 12, and surprised we made it to 15 heats given the dark cloud that seemed to be hanging over Perry Barr from about heat 10!

Deserved win for Birmingham, and as I said yesterday, the top 2 will get them out of a lot of sticky situations in the coming weeks. They will be weakened when Zach goes into the main body of the team, but they should still have enough to be there or there abouts at the seasons end. As for Stoke, if they can bat off the ring rust and get bikes sorted, they will turn heads with a few performances.