British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Redcar V Rye Pl 30th April

17.7.1.2 A Rider may ride as a Guest (in an Official Meeting) at a Track only once in an 8-day period unless replacing the Home Teams #1 or is a NL Rider guesting for the Home Team. :blink:

thanks for the answer he obviously is ok to ride as he was not a guest last week

I always understood that a rider could not guest at a track if he had ridden there(for any team) the week before

i am sure that rule was squashed in the interest of speedway.

Bears management admitted the team is too weak and the tail far too long. So what do they do? Look to sign a 28 day replacement for the injured Skidmore. What about the reserves thats where the problem is? Lets not forget if we dropped one we would have 4.64 points to play with.

I give up, track prep is rubbish and promotion clueless. Night in front of the TV for me. Not paying £16 to watch that!

• Like 4

I'd usually be pleased with a point at Redcar, but not tonight. Two points dropped.

Can anyone confirm that Dan Greenwood had 6 rides and Kasper 4. Seems to be some confusion on Speedway Updates

Can anyone confirm that Dan Greenwood had 6 rides and Kasper 4. Seems to be some confusion on Speedway Updates

I have Greenwood down as having 6 rides and Kasper 4.

Entertaining meeting I thought. Some pretty decent racing, and never thought I would see Konopka get paid 12. Most impressive for me though is Graversen. Another double figure score from the main body of the team.

For Rye - Kennetts cut-off coming out might have cost them the chance of the win. Mellgren looked handy, and you have a proper rider in Jakobsen.

So Bellers101 stayed at home and missed a great meeting on a very good track.

That's just what every speedway club needs....slagging off by people who don't bother to attend!

If you pay your money , your entitled to criticise, but how will you know if things improve if you don't attend?

Support your TEAM , not the promotion!

• Like 2

Greenwood had 6 rides..2'10010 (4+1) and Lykke 4...3011(5)
  • Like 1

That's just what every speedway club needs....slagging off by people who don't bother to attend!

If you pay your money , your entitled to criticise, but how will you know if things improve if you don't attend?

Because if you keep attending, those in power will think everything, is hunky dory and keep on trotting out, the same old shi£e. That's why. The only way to get through to Havelock is to hit him in the pocket. I personally will go to Scunthorpe on Monday, where I know it will be a great meeting.

• Like 2

Rubbish. Every time I go its crap and i wish i never bothered yet every time I don't attend its one of the best meetings ever! Am I missing something after watching the sport for 30 years?

Redcar is a pale shadow of its former self, mainly track prep by the way! Not paying to watch a track that riders have nothing to work with to pass!

• Like 1

I'm not sure how anyone could describe tonight's meeting as "Great". It was better than some meetings of late, some races were close, but nobody was ever going to pass anybody after the first bend. Most races were from the gate. When two riders are close but are both riding the same line it might look good, but you just know the places are going to remain unchanged unless someone makes a mistake, there's not going to be a big sweep round the outside as much as Lasse and others tried. The main change tonight was we gated better than Rye house later in the meeting.

• Like 1

So Bellers101, you will be satisfied when Redcar Speedway closes?

You aren't hitting Havvy in the pocket as he hasn't got any money in it!

All you are doing by staying away is making sure it doesn't reopen when the lease runs out at the end of the season. There are new investors waiting in the wings and the current source of income has had enough, so be prepared for stock car racing taking over our venue.

• Like 1

I'm gutted I couldn't make it, but probably would've still been fuming that we threw a lead away and just managed to scrape a point.

Edited by Shads

So Bellers101, you will be satisfied when Redcar Speedway closes?

You aren't hitting Havvy in the pocket as he hasn't got any money in it!

All you are doing by staying away is making sure it doesn't reopen when the lease runs out at the end of the season. There are new investors waiting in the wings and the current source of income has had enough, so be prepared for stock car racing taking over our venue.

I don't think anybody wants to see Redcar Speedway close. I've only attended one meeting so far this season, partly because of other commitments, and, to be truthful, I wasn't very impressed with what was on offer.

Sometimes the only way to get your voice heard is to" remain silent" and stay away. Often. by attending week in week out, those in power will merely presume that all's rosy in the garden and merrily carry on as they are doing.

I wouldn't necessarily stay away to voice my opinion but its each to their own and I can fully understand why people will refuse to go whilst the current promotion is in charge if they have issues with them.

I'm a long standing Boro fan and, if I stayed away every time I didn't like something that the club were doing, I'd have missed a hell of a lot of matches over the years! I choose to support the club but it doesn't mean that i support every decision they make.

Are you saying that the new investors would bin the speedway and introduce stock car racing instead or is that just a throw away comment? I think that there are potential investors willing to breathe new life into the speedway if they are given the opportunity.

Wasnt there a potential investor at Redcar, who decided to put his money into another Premier league team, because of the current set up