British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Ipswich (koc) Saturday, May 9th. 7pm.

Plenty of guests, but still an interesting -- and vital, in terms of KO Cup hopes -- match-up.

What kind of lead will be required for Foxhall in second leg?

Richard Lawson for King, Robert Branford for Covatti :o , and R/R for Manzares.

Oh dear..

"It is intriguing" admitted Berwick co-promoter Dennis McCleary last night. "Both teams seem equally changed, but not necessarily disadvantaged"

Is he taking the piss?

• Like 1

2 select Teams. For the 1st round of National Competition how can this sport be taken seriously ,There is hardly a match nowadays where guests are not required with this latest double up / double down nonsense,while is still a speedway meeting ,is it meaningful.These are the things that require sorting out if you want fans to turn up regularly .Like someone mentioned speedway is on support machine not just Berwick.

• Like 2

Plenty of guests, but still an interesting -- and vital, in terms of KO Cup hopes -- match-up.

What kind of lead will be required for Foxhall in second leg?

a very big one
  • Like 1

Any kind of win will be a start for The Bandits given their recent difficulties at home but I would guess that 18 points plus would be the minimum required to take into the second leg . As for the missing riders this is mostly down to the open doors policy on riders operated by the Premier League these days , when we defeated " The Dorset Dumplings " in the KOC final in 1989 it was with 7 British riders , changed days

• Like 1

Any kind of win will be a start for The Bandits given their recent difficulties at home but I would guess that 18 points plus would be the minimum required to take into the second leg . As for the missing riders this is mostly down to the open doors policy on riders operated by the Premier League these days , when we defeated " The Dorset Dumplings " in the KOC final in 1989 it was with 7 British riders , changed days

A decent lead will be required, Ipswich look strong on paper but seem to be a bit " hit or miss" on track.heres hoping!!!

Whatever teams are put out on Saturday, let's get behind the boys a 100% and at the very least get a much needed win.

• Like 1

No King, Covatti or Manzares depletes the line up severely.

I was looking forward to seeing Barker and King square off and Covatti and Manzares are both talented and I would have enjoyed seeing.

Still could go either way on Saturday night although I can only see one qualifier after the two legs are completed.

I think we would need to take at least 20 points to Foxhall if we were to stand a chance.

So berwick select is barker. Hynek. Richie worrell. Doolan. Hall and josh bates. R/R for thomas.

Actual think not bad guests and r/r meaning anyone can take a ride might work.

Would rather have saw both teams with their own riders but could still be a good meeting.

Going by Mondays performance at home to Sheffield the Witches only had 2 riders even remotely capable of winning races and they are both missing .

So given the assumption that tactical rides are still not allowed in the KO cup I predict that something more in the region of a 30 point lead is the most likely outcome !

Unless the remaining lads get their backsides into gear I can only see Berwick progressing over the two legs myself .

so another meeting king is missing. these are starting to add. The biggest loss is obviously nico. Time for tungate to step up and bang in some big points, otherwise it could be yet another trophy slipping by.

• Like 1

60-30 expected if its deep and wet.