British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Vs Rye House ( P L) - Friday, May 15th (7.30pm)

Who was rob Godfrey sidekick on the microphone..absolutely awful !!

• Like 1

Guest WTF1

This was always going to happen at some point due to the loss of Birks/Jorgensen in the close season and the unavailability of Douglas + the continued inclusion of the injury prone Howe taking up one of the places, to use rider replacement for him is not feasible, the only good point is that temporary replacement Pijper is doing his job well

Was a good evenly matched meeting till it all went wrong in heat 10... first Auty, then Davies, game over. Up until then there was some cracking racing...we saw more passing in one race than you'd see in a full season at some tracks. Fair play to the Rockets, they perhaps would of still nicked the win even without Scunnies misfortune (which was all our own doing), Kennett and Lykke were particularly impressive..as was Jakobsen to be fair.

Changes afoot.. Douglas will be back in the next week or two..and with Ben Wilson coming in as a reserve should give Scunny more balance and a bit more of a competitive edge.

• Like 2

Douglas and Wilson for Howe and Perks? they might actually win a few matches with that team

Auty out for 6 weeks. Can see Nick Morris getting a guest booking at Somerset next Friday night.

Edited by Superstar1

This was always going to happen at some point due to the loss of Birks/Jorgensen in the close season and the unavailability of Douglas + the continued inclusion of the injury prone Howe taking up one of the places, to use rider replacement for him is not feasible, the only good point is that temporary replacement Pijper is doing his job well[/quote

Do you honestly think Pijper is still a temporary replacement?

What a win for the Rockets Shadders must be well chuffed!

I'd have willingly exchanged the last few days out here in Egypt to have been at Scunny

Still think I'm mad shadders

Hmmmm..... perhaps I over estimated the Scunny side and underestimated ours

Great result last night for the Rockets, just about rekindled our season.

Yet again it shows that if you can have a big scoring No1 (Kennett just continues to amaze me, in a positive way) and a big scoring reserve (boy have we missed Kasper) it can go a long way in winning matches. A lot of Edinburghs success last year was Cook at No 1 and Worrall S at reserve whilst Ipswich may win our League Cup group oh yes, King at No 1 and Covatti at reserve.

What a bloody fantastic advert that was for speedway last night. Alex Davies in Heat 4 WOAHHHHHH! hammer and tongs with the superb Rockets Lykke/Jacobson! ; but not content with that he goes and rides out is skin before "high siding" off the bike turn four; lap two Heat 11! - told you "the Thunder" is a real rider; he will be a bit sore this morning but revved about his efforts for sure.

Josh; totalled it Heat10; looked alarming as he cart-wheeled into the air fence; he just ran out of room on the outside and again to me the bike is sucked into the bottom of the air bag and throws him off. Its a season staller for him is this; and if it is six weeks out; is a stretch to cover. Guests I suppose. We don't want to be throwing too much at Ryan either; we need him to settle in and remember he is coming back from injury. But the expectation is bound to be there. We need him but we need to be sensible with him.

What to make of the changes; do I take it; that it is Ryan for David Howe; and Ben Wilson for Ellis?; I am perplexed by David Howe; why has it all gone so quiet; he does not appear to be around on race nights; you might expect that he would be as skipper; is this some sort of sabbatical for him and he's standing down. He rode himself back to No1 last season for us; and rider of the year for me; so to me a fit David Howe can play a big part. I am confused. Ellis; come on what chance has he had?; I said I wanted us to stick with the team and now it seems Ben Wilson is in for Ellis. Personally I think there is a lot to come from Ellis and we will realise that when he's hitting scores elsewhere. So I am not sure about this one.

Did not like what the centre green chap said about Matty O last night; "he's out of his depth at this level" get blooming lost fella no way was Matty off the pace in the races with Kennett and the superb Jacobsen (he going to be a rider) in Heats 13/14 !. We were all less than pleased he said that over the mike. He always gives 100%; bloody hell; if Wilko had covered him in Heat 14 he is efforts getting out in front of Lykke and Aspegren might have paid off. Superb Matty and take absolutely zero notice of the what was a bang out of order comment.

Rob: have a word ! with the mike muppet.

and another word we might do well to have is one with the Scorpions Go To Rider; Nicolai Klindt - fancy six weeks cover work fella ?

Keep backing the team ! so much going on track last night I was struggling to keep my eyes on it! - thanks to all the riders and the management for serving it up.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

Best meeting of the year for me & going to be hard to beat. Jakobsen last to first in Ht4 & 15, & Davies 3rd to 1st Ht.7. So much overtaking my programme's a mess.

So sorry for Scunny with injuries to Josh & Alex, predicted a draw & match was in the balance until this point. Get well soon guys

If anyone needs a template for a track & prep visit Scunny

Best meeting of the year for me & going to be hard to beat. Jakobsen last to first in Ht4 & 15, & Davies 3rd to 1st Ht.7. So much overtaking my programme's a mess.

So sorry for Scunny with injuries to Josh & Alex, predicted a draw & match was in the balance until this point. Get well soon guys

If anyone needs a template for a track & prep visit Scunny

I'm sure uncle Len has taken some notes!
  • Like 1

I'm sure uncle Len has taken some notes!

TBF the track prep at home to Scunny was excellent

Great result last night for the Rockets, just about rekindled our season.

Yet again it shows that if you can have a big scoring No1 (Kennett just continues to amaze me, in a positive way) and a big scoring reserve (boy have we missed Kasper) it can go a long way in winning matches. A lot of Edinburghs success last year was Cook at No 1 and Worrall S at reserve whilst Ipswich may win our League Cup group oh yes, King at No 1 and Covatti at reserve.

Covatti is not a reserve anymore

TBF the track prep at home to Scunny was excellent

i'll reserve judgement until the next double header!

i'll reserve judgement until the next double header!

Doubt there'll be any more this season, expect the two in August to be rescheduled. Perfect track for the rest of the year :)