British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swc Match 1 Gniezno Poland Saturday June 6th

Even football has tactical substitutes and the tac sub has been around long enough now to be accepted as the norm.

It gives the manager something to do :)

The joker is daft but hardly makes the sport a laughing stock as it needs to come a long way before it gets to that position.

It's just unfortunate in its name.

The 5 man teams were much better with someone able to take a ride for an out of form team mate but the money obviously is not there to do that sadly.

Speedway is not a well off sport and seems to squander any riches that come its way.

Also it seems to be run by fools even worldwide as in the seeding of the home team to the final which has helped drain the excitement from the SWC.

I still enjoy it but let everybody fight for a place and stop seeding garbage like the Czechs through to a final.

This made the Warsaw GP look competent by comparison. An innocent rider is out for the rest of the event (and quite probably others too) when there's a perfectly good reserve sat in the pits, the rider that caused the stoppage isn't even excluded from that race and the team that caused the stoppage is the ones that benefit the most from these stupid rules.

Pretty sure anyone who was checking out the SWC for the first time won't bother again.

Any news on Hampel?

I read some on Sportowefakty earlier that he suffered a spiral fracture on his right thigh-bone so hopefully he will be fully recovered for next season.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I read some on Sportowefakty earlier that he suffered a spiral fracture on his right thigh-bone.

Oh dear, that sounds nasty :( Thanks for info

Why can't the three remaining riders take one of Hampels rides, thus no need for a reserve or suspicion of underhand tactics.

About the only thing the BSPA have got right in the last few years is the IRR rule.....Surely the SWC could use this too....No reserve needed then!!

Are we really going to have the final in Denmark and Poland all the time ? .

We had the final in Sweden a couple of years ago which was a disaster since it had been raining for a week straight. We've also had the final in Cze Rp, a couple of years ago.

Possible there will be a final in the UK within a couple of years but the main problem is that there aren't that many countries that are able to stage it.

I don't see the problem declaring a fifth reserve rider?

They can be used any time, any reason by a manager but just once per block of four rides.

Down to the manager then to use tacticall then.

The fact being, that the Poles where unable to take the rides for Hampel lost them the meeting. What a stupid rule, that the other 3 riders could cover for him in his heats. The rule needs to be changed next season.

As has been mentionedby a few others so long as the number of rides is limited for the reserves so that that cant take more than if named in the team whats the problem?

Seems that on Twatter Freddie L is defending the move made by Linus claiming the Russian wasnt entitled to try to make the pass and shouldve backed off.

Says the gap wasnt there to go for.

And there was me thinking he was at least level down most of the straight and about a wheel ahead at the time of impact.

• Like 1

I'll admit watching live I thought the Russian tried to go through a gap that wasn't there, but just one replay showed as clear as day he was fenced by Sundstrom.

Surely the ref would watch at least one replay before making a decision?

Does anyone who was at Event 1 have the correct score for the Russian and Czech Republic teams, as there's a lot of confusion regarding there riders points on different websites

Edited by Robbie B

@FLindgren66: Only problem I saw with the incident last night are that Linus was to nice. Next time I'll tell him he needs to slam the door properly.

@FLindgren66: Only problem I saw with the incident last night are that Linus was to nice. Next time I'll tell him he needs to slam the door properly.

other riders take note of Freddies advice should you ever find him behind/alongside you!!!

Edit - or perhaps Nicki P has hacked his account! wink

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 3