British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue Aces -v Poole "cheats" Pirates

And KK. But it's only for one Match this weekend.

Hoping it allows cookie is competitive debut in Poland

Hopefully!

big match to go into though away in the derby to Zielona Gora certainly won't be easy.

Nothing to do with Poole if Janowski has a sick note and refuses to ride.

If a doctor has ruled him unfit to ride then there is nothing anybody can do about it.

Not true actually. A few years back Joe Screen was signed off sick with a back injury. It was all an average fixing scam. The authorities investigated and stopped the team involved from gaining the advantage they were after.

As a bit of fun, do want to play guess the team trying to cheat?

• Like 2

BV v Poole now 'provisionally' rearranged for Monday 29th June.. Now why is that date significant? Theres a little bell ringing in my brain!! No its no good I just can't think..... :D

• Like 2

That's not how a sick note works. If a doctor says you are unfit to race/work due to sickness then you can't just say I will race this day but not this one.

I think that's exactly how a sick note works actually. A doctor can give me a note to say I've done my knee and signs me off for 6 weeks. Doesn't mean I can't still go to work if I want to one day and have the next off because it's sore or I don't fancy it.

Personally I don't blame Janowski for not wanting to risk injury in a league that pays him probably less than 50% of what he earns elsewhere on tracks where there has been no investment in equipment or the track and that's a general statement across the league and not aimed at Belle Vue in particular.

If you all want to have a pop, have a pop at your promoters (and mines as guilty as the rest) for allowing this sort of rubbish to go on.

Poole have done nothing wrong under the rules and regs and that's what's wrong!

Pulls on flak jacket and steps stage right;)

• Like 3

BV v Poole now 'provisionally' rearranged for Monday 29th June.. Now why is that date significant? Theres a little bell ringing in my brain!! No its no good I just can't think..... :D

Surely you mean there's a bell ringing in your little brain... ;););)

Very predictable Skidder... :t:

Nothing to do with Poole if Janowski has a sick note and refuses to ride.If a doctor has ruled him unfit to ride then there is nothing anybody can do about it.

The fact he had a sick note before he was due to ride in a meeting in Poland stinks.

The fact Harris was booked given that magic was ok to ride in a meeting also stinks.

• Like 5

Regarding the issue of 'sick notes' and UK Employment Law.

There is, as stated, nothing to stop an individual returning to work before the cessation of a sick note. That decision is purely up to the individual. In a similar vein, it is then the employers responsibility to perform a return to work interview; and during that interview assess whether the individual is fit to return to work. This could involve the input of further medical advice, for assessment on whether the individual is fit to return immediately to their former role; or put onto temporary 'light duties' - with an agreed recovery plan that should be re-visited at least weekly to check progress.

If however, an employee returns to work within the period of their sick note and subsequently, at any time thereafter, goes off sick again (even be it the same reason(s) as their original absence), then this is more often than not counted as a completely different period of sickness/absence.

However, quite what this has to do in this instance is irrelevant. Because, quite simply, it's clearly, yet again, a further blatant attempt of, well let's just say, a particular club gaining an unfair advantage. And when that particular club has so much 'previous' it's extremely difficult for the rest of us to convey any sympathy; nor for an element of doubt to raise its head. Only the true Poole psychophants will think (or say) otherwise.

• Like 1

I actually don't blame Poole...

The rules are there to be abused...

Firstly, it is the responsibility of those in charge to ensure that the rules are 'water tight' and secondly they then need to take effective action (up to and including disciplinary action) if the rules are blatantly abused..

Speedway has no independent body/person in charge so neither will/can ever happen..

And on this nonsense will go...

And on the attendance's will continue to dwindle....

And on will continue British Speedway's 'Mickey Mouse' reputation..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5

I actually don't blame Poole...

The rules are there to be abused...

Firstly, it is the responsibility of those in charge to ensure that the rules are 'water tight' and secondly they then need to take effective action (up to and including disciplinary action) if the rules are blatantly abused..

Speedway has no independent body/person in charge so neither will/can ever happen..

And on this nonsense will go...

And on the attendance's will continue to dwindle....

And on will continue British Speedway's 'Mickey Mouse' reputation..

TBH that's more or less where I've arrived at now. It's like folks whining on about Amazon, Starbucks etc not paying 'full' tax. If you don't like it change the rules. It's a simple solution.

• Like 1

Not true actually. A few years back Joe Screen was signed off sick with a back injury. It was all an average fixing scam. The authorities investigated and stopped the team involved from gaining the advantage they were after.

As a bit of fun, do want to play guess the team trying to cheat?

The answer was Poole or to use the modern term cheating scumbags.

• Like 1

Surely you mean there's a bell ringing in your little brain... ;););)

Very predictable Skidder... :t:

How rude!!! :mad::sad::nono::D

I think that's exactly how a sick note works actually. A doctor can give me a note to say I've done my knee and signs me off for 6 weeks. Doesn't mean I can't still go to work if I want to one day and have the next off because it's sore or I don't fancy it.

Think you will find that if you did as you say and suffered some sort of accident at work related to your sick note, then the company's insurer will not pay out. I have never heard of anybody doing as you claim, I myself had Cancer and had to be signed off the sick in order to return to work.

When I was no the sick a couple of years ago my employer would not let me back to work until either the note expired or I got a fit note. The official line was due to insurance as Hydred mentions. The solution was for em to work part time flexi-time but I'm not sure that works for a speedway rider :D

On the Poole website, Fat Maud says Magic is resting for a week

Is he?