British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

Weirdly, I was just reading an old facebook post from 3 years ago today. My comments then were, "It doesn't help he spend a few grand here with Tuner A this week, that doesn't instantly work so he throws a few grand at tuner B and that doesn't work instantly so he throws money at tuner C and this goes on every couple of weeks. He'd be better off spending all that money in November and spending December, January and February getting it to work.

The guy has the talent to actually ride a bike but not the technical knowhow to get a bike working. Shame."

Ive always thought it was a rider based error rather than engines. It seems to be a constant statement " I need more speed" or words to that effect. Everyone else uses these tuners without issue so its more than likely bike setups rather than engines.

That said Bomber has been around more than long enough now to know what he should be doing!

Ive always thought it was a rider based error rather than engines. It seems to be a constant statement " I need more speed" or words to that effect. Everyone else uses these tuners without issue so its more than likely bike setups rather than engines.

That said Bomber has been around more than long enough now to know what he should be doing!

sounds easy doesnt it

problem is on practise the bikes are set up to get maximum drive

then race day track different which means back to square one

the riders who adapt quikest or get set up right early on ,

but sometiimes a rider starts very poor then finds the set ups and goes well

doesnt help when the tracks are quite dry , slick, little or no banking so riders who attack from the back are at a disadvantage

Adjusting your setup during the meeting is the really tricky part. All of those who race in GP can do prerace setups pretty good but the small things happen during the meeting.

There is an article in the latest issue of Speedway racing (#7-2105) about GTR-engines.

I haven't read it particularly thoroughly yet but will do that later.

Adjusting your setup during the meeting is the really tricky part. All of those who race in GP can do prerace setups pretty good but the small things happen during the meeting.

You talk a lot of sense in your post, take Tai on very fast prepared PJR engines, but i also think a lot of praise should go to Jacko for getting his bikes dialed in.

Btw. did anyone else notice resonance chamber in Emil´s exhaust header pipe during SEC race in Kumla?

That little tin-can aka. Helmholtz resonator, on top of the pipe. Can be the next "thing" in the circle racing. Mostly used to bring down noise levels but also improves engine output. Part, Im interested in, is the ability to change exhaust gas pulsating frequency to more homogeneus flow.

That little tin-can aka. Helmholtz resonator, on top of the pipe. Can be the next "thing" in the circle racing. Mostly used to bring down noise levels but also improves engine output. Part, Im interested in, is the ability to change exhaust gas pulsating frequency to more homogeneus flow.

Saw one or two of these used last year at the FIM meeting at Leicester, can't remember who had um, Mikkel Bech possibly, it was the U21 round of the.........??

Kildemand and Kenneth Hansen use them for a start. Noticed them on a few bikes recently.

i have been told by a person in the trade that hes aware of 3 engines currently in development

2 are new designs and the other is basicly a gm or jawa reworked cant remember which it was

Having watched Harris at Kings Lynn & Coventry last night, NEVER seen a bike react so fast, imagine that in lesser hands!!!

4 points from 2 heats for Harris on GTR. Going smooth and fast. Allowed him to do some mistakes and even then he was able to take second place on the second heat.

..and messes rest of the meeting with poor lines. I hope someone else gets a chance with Marcel´s engine.

Edited by Bream

That engine seemed to be doing better tonight, but as you sy, it would be nice to see a top rider on it.