British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

I did press the translate button and did get English words, but still none the wiser really! I think, maybe, it is an engine which needs infrequent servicing, similar to the Gerhard....but might be making 2+2=5!

Czech is a doodle - if you use Google Translate and do not really want to know what is said. Result is

"So until then Divišovská factories in speedway motorcycles JAWA about a year ago came two likeable Poles, one said I Mirek Dudek and I buy from you spare parts for nearly all of Poland, and this is my friend Slavek Walczak, who, although a company on airplanes, but corner dušičky terribly cheers speedway. And we are looking for a partner for our maybe a little crazy idea - to return the old glory back to the speedway scénu.c

Return to times of old matadors from the fifties and sixties, when he drove in two - three types of engines, the rider know how you have to tune the engine, which could put a rosette, but also necessary when deemed properly take and when little permit. Until after the start on the track is always something happening, which was during one round to see several overtaking each other many times when - as they say - drove his head and hands. I sort of forgot feet. Until engine components were not working at the limit of their technical capabilities and still have enough power to the beautiful plant. Do I want to add to the time when stadiums beautifully smelled burnt riciňák, roaring exhausts without shock and environmentalists did not mind, because not yet born. And no federation did not dictate who will be this year - excuse me back then - do exhausts, who deflectors - but they really were not at all - and perhaps one year will make brake lights, because a federation officer noticed that the bike has no brakes. I was talking. It all tenkrátbylo people do not care. And at that time on the speedway - Speedway - went hundreds of thousands of crowds. Remember thirties Strahov? A quarter of a million visitors! Well, I do not remember, but I would like to see it.

7Zkrátím it - a partner in Divišov found. I loved the idea factory to return to dvouventilu, reduce speed but increase the volume, it will get bigger and krouťák basically prohibit tuning.

It is a step forward or back? Rider under him will have a powerful motorcycle, all the same conditions, and now show, matador! Ride more head than artificially dialed engine! Because the motor NSF, or 500+, or even pětsetsedmdesátka it needs.

In Divisov they are convinced that this is a step forward. A step that stadiums will attract more riders, because the engines will have thanks to its parameters, inter alia substantially longer shelf life - estimated at up to three times a divišovští secretly hoping for even multiple of four. This is the once popular sport cheaper, fall Tuning, which now reach up to four times the price of the engine, but what was put there for this price natunit? Or is it rather a well-sold "tuzing"?

Therefore, managers of factories to their new at that time, a friend from Poland added. A constructed from existing engines already mentioned pětsetsedmdesátku. Dvouventil. It was a long job. And there will be long. Need to reduce engine vibration. That helped today an important collaborator Mr. factories. Měkuta. Budějičák. Great guy and also very technically minded. As well as to lighten the engine as a whole because its components are less stressed. How to choose the other piston, which may also be more subtle. Perhaps instead of a pound will have just three quarters. Simply because it is a minute třinácttisíckrát moves in the cylinder, but only osmitisíkrát. And it is in the design of the motor damn difference.

So should add that today my Divisov said that the first engine test runs between August 2014 and except for regular oil changes did not touch him. Bach said neseřizovali or valves! It sounds like a fairy tale, I'll follow along. Because, in my slumbers such a tiny seed of mistrust. We'll see over time!

Slowly add the project to the English. And especially for all interested riders. The whole event was divišovští up trying to keep under wraps. Could not do it. It's outside. Meanwhile, these engines run at exhibitions. Income from them will pass on eventual treatment of injured athletes in the classic speedway. Finally, it is the intent of this new direction, he says New SpeedwayFoundation - New Foundation Speedway, as this would probably be translated, returning speedway stadiums, among people to start going to the grandstands, because everyone from this direction promise substantially greater experience in those four rounds between start and finish.

Because people want to be entertained. No watch as the four horsemen ride in the same order all four wheels. From start to finish. And I'm starting to believe that the intent pětsetsedmdesátkám lead. It will need a little gift to pětašedesátinám ESA.

So it was rumored after Divisov. What do you think? Write your review!

Well, what I am going, editor, talk!

In Divisov, August 2, 2015"

Well - I tried!

Obviously, i is not just people like me who would like to see the Formula 1 attitude of 'faster must be better - no matter the cost or the deterioration in spectacle.

"4 riders on equal machinery with a well prepared track" - not too many parameters in that equation. Should be easy to implement, you would think. O.K. it may not bring back hundreds of thousands of spectators in today's era but it is a tried and tested formula which might just work - if the authorities ever decide to take their responsibilities seriously before rider costs and spectator boredom kill the sport off.

• Like 2

Saw tigers following this on Twitter. Hope it comes to something. I'd also like to see formula 2 adopted at least at training level

Edited by damosuzuki

wonder who will be the first tuner to fit this http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/suzukis-new-gsx-r1000-is-engineered-around-a-loophole-i-1751372078?rev=1452123201861

Saw tigers following this on Twitter. Hope it comes to something. I'd also like to see formula 2 adopted at least at training level

hope not . Formula 2 engines are just as expensive as speedway engines to maintain , they dont ride properly . and on achieving a moderate level of competence ,a whole load of new expense and a new learning curve has to be adopted switching to proper speedway equipment . budget cost engines of a sutiable nature are still available , they are called 2 valve Jawas

• Like 1

hope not . Formula 2 engines are just as expensive as speedway engines to maintain , they dont ride properly . and on achieving a moderate level of competence ,a whole load of new expense and a new learning curve has to be adopted switching to proper speedway equipment . budget cost engines of a sutiable nature are still available , they are called 2 valve Jawas

You can buy a pre-owned 4 valve Jawa bike for about £1000, or a GM for £1500. 'F2' bikes are a dead letter; apart from the factors above, the ones I have seen are much more complicated than an ordinary speedway machine, and have a radiator!

Variable valve timing by centrifugal force , whatever next ?

If you have ever had a BTH magneto off a Triumph, you will find on the auto advance there is a very similar system, albeit a bit cruder, on the ATD ( automatic timing device) to advance ignition timing according to revs, just looks like a more sophisticated version on the end of the cam shafts.

nothing new just another use for an existing principle . Old idea , new application !

When the Japanese came out with their posi-lube automatic oil injection systems it was only a revamp of what Villiers did on their two strokes in 1927, and the Bradshaw designed , oil cooled 350cc engine of the early 1920's pre-dated the oil cooled Suzukis by nearly 60 years.

Edited by piston197

If you have ever had a BTH magneto off a Triumph, you will find on the auto advance there is a very similar system, albeit a bit cruder, on the ATD ( automatic timing device) to advance ignition timing according to revs, just looks like a more sophisticated version on the end of the cam shafts.

nothing new just another use for an existing principle . Old idea , new application !

When the Japanese came out with their posi-lube automatic oil injection systems it was only a revamp of what Villiers did on their two strokes in 1927, and the Bradshaw designed , oil cooled 350cc engine of the early 1920's pre-dated the oil cooled Suzukis by nearly 60 years.

reading that blurb , it said centripetal , is that just a posh way of saying centrifugal ? . not sure if speedways rules on engines have the same loophole TBH . I know the Ignition timing is supposed to be fixed , but modern boxes advance and retard automatically ,and speedway machine examiners dont have the technology to know whetehr its being used or not

• Like 1

reading that blurb , it said centripetal , is that just a posh way of saying centrifugal ? . not sure if speedways rules on engines have the same loophole TBH . I know the Ignition timing is supposed to be fixed , but modern boxes advance and retard automatically ,and speedway machine examiners dont have the technology to know whetehr its being used or not

In very simple terms, centripetal force is inward, centrifugal force is outward.

In very simple terms, centripetal force is inward, centrifugal force is outward.

Thank you . learn something new every day :D

Variable cam timing, Alfa Romeo & Honda have had that on prouction cars for donkeys years!

Would anyone like to guess how many riders have purchased Gerhard engines to use in the 2016 season? Simple question, As a Newcastle Diamonds supporter, it will be interesting to see if Robert Lambert uses them in the PL.

The elephant in the room over 26 pages on this is that no one has yet mentioned a definitive price yet. Why so scared ? They know how much it has cost to get them to this point, or are they just trying to work out the maximum price they can sell it for ?

• Like 1

The price was set before Christmas. More expensive to buy than a GM but cheaper overall for a season if you take servicing into account.

What may scare buyers at the moment is the fact Harris and Lambert had an engine go pop. The service intervals may be few and far between, but what's a blown engines repair bill going to be??