British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

Nobody is stopping them coming on here and saying why they have become ex fans

...hmm! Difficult to know where to start really!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

Having read the full deal behind the GTR deal , I am fully behind this deal even if it's what I saying a couple of years ago albeit with a different manufacturer ,they have got the right idea and it's a step in the right direction ,however will it take off ? Firstly I think the cost is too high when performance against the GM isn't gaurenteed and more importantly can buster take on the illumati type mafia that dictates speedway and beat them ?

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

Having read the full deal behind the GTR deal , I am fully behind this deal even if it's what I saying a couple of years ago albeit with a different manufacturer ,they have got the right idea and it's a step in the right direction ,however will it take off ? Firstly I think the cost is too high when performance against the GM isn't gaurenteed and more importantly can buster take on the illumati type mafia that dictates speedway and beat them ?

Plenty of rider's are questioning this deal now.

Apparently no prices are being given out to interested parties on parts & servicing.

I just have an inkling the the price will vary on supply of engines,

if you purchase direct at full value you'll be paying less on parts & servicing than you will buying the "cheaper" BSPA deal.

Plenty of rider's are questioning this deal now.

Apparently no prices are being given out to interested parties on parts & servicing.

I just have an inkling the the price will vary on supply of engines,

if you purchase direct at full value you'll be paying less on parts & servicing than you will buying the "cheaper" BSPA deal.

And what proof (if any) do you have for that?

And what proof (if any) do you have for that?

Don't have any hence the word 'inkling' :rolleyes:

Don't have any hence the word 'inkling' :rolleyes:

So in other words, it is non-information.

Not exactly helpful to the current progress of the deal.

• Like 3

So in other words, it is non-information.

Not exactly helpful to the current progress of the deal.

I'm not the one asking the questions.

The riders are getting no answers that if they buy from the BSPA how much it is for spare parts & servicing.

Basic stuff that should be readily available but seems to be top secret.

If the rider's can't be given that information, buying a Gerhard becomes a substantial risk

Go directly to the "horse's mouth" at Trevor Hedge Racing as they are the sole servicing outlet, at the moment. They, also, service GM & Jawa and all are "Prices on request"

• Like 1

A complete and utter joke, who in their right mind is going to buy an over priced, non competitive engine, only the BSPA!!, Just stick to your GM's and win races, that's all Riders want.

So you can buy one for £5,500 from a Dealer, or £3,900 from the BSPA with some cheap parts thrown in, or buy a good used GM for £1500 and make a profit.

A complete and utter joke, who in their right mind is going to buy an over priced, non competitive engine, only the BSPA!!, Just stick to your GM's and win races, that's all Riders want.

So you can buy one for £5,500 from a Dealer, or £3,900 from the BSPA with some cheap parts thrown in, or buy a good used GM for £1500 and make a profit.

How do you know that they aren't competitive? Yes stick with your GM and pay hundreds a month in servicing, while the sport goes bankrupt as a result. Why do you think the BSPA are doing this?

How do you know that they aren't competitive? Yes stick with your GM and pay hundreds a month in servicing, while the sport goes bankrupt as a result. Why do you think the BSPA are doing this?

I personally think this is the best thing the Bspa have tried in years , I can see what buster is trying achieve but he really is up against the speedway mafia Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

I personally think this is the best thing the Bspa have tried in years , I can see what buster is trying achieve but he really is up against the speedway mafia

I agree Dean, although I do take your point about more riders learning to do their own servicing, at least those who aren't riding here there and everywhere, five or six nights a week.

If you buy a Gerhard, it costs you £4000 + VAT so about £4800 including warranty..

This example is based on 100 heats........................NO service..............NO oil change(has its own oil pump & filter but might do 1 change)

Buy a used GM about £1800 (what state is it in requiring a service?)

This example based also on 100 heats....................service every 35 heats at £350 basic is £1050

.................................................................................oil change every 2 heats (850cc x 6 in 5litres of oil costing £40-£60) requires approx. 8 x 5Litres is £320-£480 depending on quality of oil used.

This is just the basics taken from Speedway Star & forum.

AFAIK I have not heard of anything going wrong with the Gerhard so is good for possibly another 100 heats at minimal cost.

Where as a GM could have had issues as I am not sure of any rider that has NOT blown an engine once or twice a season leading to more outlay.

Yes, the initial cost is more but in the long run could be advantageous. Getting the right set up is an art for all riders on tracks of different size & track surfaces so the Gerhard could be competitive as has been proven by F Lindgren. It is trial and error for everyone wether using a Gerhard, GM or Jawa.

If you buy a Gerhard, it costs you £4000 + VAT so about £4800 including warranty..

This example is based on 100 heats........................NO service..............NO oil change(has its own oil pump & filter but might do 1 change)

Buy a used GM about £1800 (what state is it in requiring a service?)

This example based also on 100 heats....................service every 35 heats at £350 basic is £1050

.................................................................................oil change every 2 heats (850cc x 6 in 5litres of oil costing £40-£60) requires approx. 8 x 5Litres is £320-£480 depending on quality of oil used.

This is just the basics taken from Speedway Star & forum.

AFAIK I have not heard of anything going wrong with the Gerhard so is good for possibly another 100 heats at minimal cost.

Where as a GM could have had issues as I am not sure of any rider that has NOT blown an engine once or twice a season leading to more outlay.

Yes, the initial cost is more but in the long run could be advantageous. Getting the right set up is an art for all riders on tracks of different size & track surfaces so the Gerhard could be competitive as has been proven by F Lindgren. It is trial and error for everyone wether using a Gerhard, GM or Jawa.

Another often missed point is that you have to take or send your GM for all those services and you'll need another as cover while you're at it, so it isn't just the cost of one engine.

• Like 1