British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

No they wouldn't save a fortune, they are overpriced to buy, they are unreliable, non competitive, and if you are not scoring points you get dropped, I think you should stop living in cookoo land.

It's called Racing, you want to win, it costs, the guy with the biggest wallet will win in the end, that's a fact.

If you want to be a top Rider, not just a also ran, you buy 5 GM's from PJR, Karger etc and you're somewhere near on a level playing field.

No way will everyone be riding the GTR, that ideas dead and gone

Ok, quick answer to put PL Speedway on an even keel, Heat Leaders £60 a point, Second strings £50, Reserves £40, no signing on fees, 20p a mile travel, tyre and fuel supplied.

Engine costs £12-15 per race for servicing.

Will it work? NO, because the Promoters will not stick to it, one will always want to pay a bit more to win, they've made their bed, they must lie in it.

GTR is overpriced to buy? 5'555.- EUR + 8% VAT makes 5'999.- EUR

Diffucult for both of us to compare prices because the tuners seems to hide they price.

Grossewächter from Germany has his price published ,need to mentioned this fairly, 6'783.- EUR for a tuned GM.

So if Grossewächter sells his GM tuned engine for nearly 800.- EUR more than us, what's a PJR, Karger and others tuners you mentioned on your post charging for his engine?

Don't get me wrong, they are free to charge what they feel they work worth! If they have top riders scoring good points on they engines.

It is just not our way to make business, we have ONE fix price for Mr. GP rider or youngster at sweden.

GTR is not competitive? Beeing at 4th place on the Worlchampionship is not beeing competitive?

How many max. scored had Lindgren this year at the Britisch, polish and swedisch league? They were a few.

• Like 3

Tsunami, on 28 Jul 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

What world do you live in. So a promotion having say 25 home meetings can make £125.000 per season. :party::party::party::party::nono::nono:

you are missing the point and the context it is being applied to, you really do need to read the whole post to understand the point trying to be made....or shall I put it another way to make it easier for you? :shock::shock::blink:

The competitive argument does not really stand up in UK, Fast Freddie had scored 7,6,9 in his last three home meetings, against poor opposition.

Apart from FF, who as we know is not on an out of the box engine, who else is competitive at a decent level?

The competitive argument does not really stand up in UK, Fast Freddie had scored 7,6,9 in his last three home meetings, against poor opposition.

Apart from FF, who as we know is not on an out of the box engine, who else is competitive at a decent level?

nicki pedersen before his accident

GTR is overpriced to buy? 5'555.- EUR + 8% VAT makes 5'999.- EUR

Diffucult for both of us to compare prices because the tuners seems to hide they price.

Grossewächter from Germany has his price published ,need to mentioned this fairly, 6'783.- EUR for a tuned GM.

So if Grossewächter sells his GM tuned engine for nearly 800.- EUR more than us, what's a PJR, Karger and others tuners you mentioned on your post charging for his engine?

Don't get me wrong, they are free to charge what they feel they work worth! If they have top riders scoring good points on they engines.

It is just not our way to make business, we have ONE fix price for Mr. GP rider or youngster at sweden.

GTR is not competitive? Beeing at 4th place on the Worlchampionship is not beeing competitive?

How many max. scored had Lindgren this year at the Britisch, polish and swedisch league? They were a few.

can I ask why make the GTR a twin cam rather than single cam ?twin cams have always been difficult to set up for speedway

Lord Skid wrote " Ok, quick answer to put PL Speedway on an even keel, Heat Leaders £60 a point, Second strings £50, Reserves £40, no signing on fees, 20p a mile travel, tyre and fuel supplied.

Engine costs £12-15 per race for servicing.
Will it work? NO, because the Promoters will not stick to it, one will always want to pay a bit more to win, they've made their bed, they must lie in it."

The truth is that that IS ( or something not unlike it ) going to be the future of speedway not later than three seasons ahead. The support in the UK, crowd wise is just not there for much else. We have to cut our coat according to our cloth if there is to be a new season in 2021. If there is to be no BT income ( as there may not be ) it will be about turnstile income and whatever sponsor a track can attract. The survival of the sport is dependent on a scheme along the lines of the above. £100 a point max. for anyone. The big names will not be needed for that kind of viable speedway. The new slimmed down sport will make it's own stars.

• Like 2

What world do you live in. So a promotion having say 25 home meetings can make £125.000 per season. :party::party::party::party::nono::nono:

If I understand the post correctly, it is £5,000 surplus before paying the riders - that's how I read it, anyway

If I understand the post correctly, it is £5,000 surplus before paying the riders - that's how I read it, anyway

Me too.Although I doubt 5k will be enough to pay a team.

Someone who sees sense at last, oh and I forgot to add, £10 entry.

no what you wrote is the bleeding obvious which has been said on here many times , you don't say how you would curb the spiralling engine costs and I hate to stick a pin in your bubble but the GTR is the only solution currently out there to try to address this unless you know better Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

you are missing the point and the context it is being applied to, you really do need to read the whole post to understand the point trying to be made....or shall I put it another way to make it easier for you? :shock::shock::blink:

Think it's you that needs to read it again. You state 'profit' of £5k, so surely you are implying all costs, including riders pay has been cleared. You also imply that the riders get a %age of the profits. By your reckoning, what do the riders get if there is no profit.? Edited by Tsunami

no what you wrote is the bleeding obvious which has been said on here many times , you don't say how you would curb the spiralling engine costs and I hate to stick a pin in your bubble but the GTR is the only solution currently out there to try to address this unless you know better

Don't think engine costs are spiralling, running costs are around £12-15 per race, for a Pro sport that's not excessive, simple fact is, if you're good enough then you'll earn money.

Riders still find enough money for fancy pit mats, and new rental vans, and that's only NL level.

The Sport owes nobody a living, and nobody is made to ride.

Edited by Lord Skid
  • Like 2

Tsunami, on 28 Jul 2017 - 7:06 PM, said:Tsunami, on 28 Jul 2017 - 7:06 PM, said:

Think it's you that needs to read it again. You state 'profit' of £5k, so surely you are implying all costs, including riders pay has been cleared. You also imply that the riders get a %age of the profits. By your reckoning, what do the riders get if there is no profit.?

the key word comes after the comma, then.

Odds On, on 28 Jul 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

here's a very obvious simple way of realism hitting speedway riders, its simple and obvious, its a sport that the majority cant make a living out of, some do and are successful at it but the vast majority think they can and will, they wont.

The vast majority of riders think their day job is speedway, they need to wake up because it isn't, its just an expensive hobby, cheaper engines, dirt deflectors, oil mats, aver ages etc is just pissing in the wind.

Simple equation for speedway to realise, if a promoter makes a profit of say £5,000 on a race night, then a percentage of that is divided between the riders after his cut.

People say riders wont ride for peanuts, most riders don't know anything else apart from having a new sign written van for the pits along with a pair of the very latest bikes with all the very latest go faster gadgets on them, all things they cant afford.

Edited by Odds On

A new FGM as used by a number of championship riders is now £9000.

The truth is the riders are trying to find a fast starting motor cos you cannot overtake as much on the tracks in the U.K. So everything is hinged on the first 30 metres. That's why so many riders are gambling on the starts.

Jorgensen. Lawson, Worrall R, Kerr, Auty, Masters. Wells. Sarge. Robson, King, Howarth, Garrity, Bjerre, almost always mean a re run at some stage of a meeting they are in.

The promoters need to sort out the racing surface instead of messing about with race format, fortnightly averages, 5 man races.

A new FGM as used by a number of championship riders is now £9000.

The truth is the riders are trying to find a fast starting motor cos you cannot overtake as much on the tracks in the U.K. So everything is hinged on the first 30 metres. That's why so many riders are gambling on the starts.

Jorgensen. Lawson, Worrall R, Kerr, Auty, Masters. Wells. Sarge. Robson, King, Howarth, Garrity, Bjerre, almost always mean a re run at some stage of a meeting they are in.

The promoters need to sort out the racing surface instead of messing about with race format, fortnightly averages, 5 man races.

I have a quote of about 6000 euro for a new fgm bought in winter for this season. Edited by f-s-p
  • Like 1

Wow, some people have money to burn.

Bought two complete bikes from a top Polish rider, engines serviced (full history), £4k.

In two seasons scored 300+ points per season, gross income 48k from points.

Sold bikes after 2 years for £1.5k each.

Engines serviced by BAT, no problems, cost £12 per race.

No fancy pit mats or new Van, just a nice profit.