British Speedway Forum
penchev

Premier League Pairs Somerset 03/07/15

On a seperate subject, did anyone notice how much mess the Edinburgh supporters made and left on the back straight? Everyone else seemed capable of using the bins around the place.

Well done to Ipswich on a well deserved victory.

Hi Brummie Rebel,

Was it you in front of the box giving the referee the benefit of your opinion after the exclusion of Kurtz by any chance?

Well not just me but yes to which i apologise if that upset you. I was wrong for my choice of words. I overeacted a lot and it was a spurr of the moment thing. So.yeah I hope you can accept my apology.

Well not just me but yes to which i apologise if that upset you. I was wrong for my choice of words. I overeacted a lot and it was a spurr of the moment thing. So.yeah I hope you can accept my apology.

First of all , it didn't upset me in the slightest, I'm all for folk saying what they think if their point is valid.

But you didn't do yourself any favours with that outburst in my opinion. :D

Not great quality but clear Kurtz lifted and out of shape. Even said so himself in Walkabout bar when I showed him the video.

Edited by Hodgy
  • Like 2

no need to buy the dvd now. but i will..

To those calling me a bad loser, I'm entitled to my own opinion at the end of the day. I really don't see how your own opinion makes a bad loser. I have my opinion and I won't change it. I'm stubborn and passionate about Somerset.

I will fully admit Ipswich were the better pairing and yes Brady came off on his own. But from my vantage point it looked like bunching. To be fair I haven't denied either fact thoughout all my posts. The fact for my argument is that fans have been denied a proper final for two seasons now. I would have been happy with brady off 15 metres as there still would have been a proper final.

Finally to those who wish to call me a liar, your more than welcome to come and say it to my face at the start line (when i'm there due to work) especially as my uncle was in the car with me at the time so can also tell you what happened.

Thats all from me. Like it or not thats my version i have my own opinion and i know what i saw outside. End of.

so you are backtracking in the same quote.!!

Brady came off on his own but from your vantage point it looked like bunching?? You make no sense.

If (as it seems ) you are on the start line then surely you had the perfect vantage point to see a rider on the outside lift and go down??

Surely the guys on the backstraight have the worse view??

Watch the video in the link its quite clear Kurtz fell on his own.

You keep banging on about your opinion and hate being called a liar, well your opinion isnt an opinion its fact Kurtz fell off.

What is wrong is you giving the ref a load of abuse if (as you say) you couldnt see it properly.

I believe you felt aggrieved that you lost the final , abused the ref, came on the forum and blasted your mouth of without thought.

A true man would own up and apologise for your actions but you then try and blast the witches fans to take heat of of the drivel you wrote. Its funny how the so called abuse you saw was only seen by you and no other Somerset fans.

You got it wrong pure and simple, you should grow a pair and admit you are wrong.

After watching the video do you still think all 4 back? If you do then i would say you know naff all about the sport.

15 metre handicap?? laughable. Put Kurtz off 15 metres, a witch has an engine failure and Somerset win. What a load of tosh

• Like 1

First I've been on here since the meeting and I can't believe anybody could have argued about the decision in the final . Kurtz missed the gate and tried a big wide sweep , lifted and went into the fence . It's a shame , but the ref was right to exclude him . In any case had Kurtz won the race I feel King and Tungate would have kept Josh at the back because Josh didn't look fast all night .

Overall the best pair on the evening won the meeting , but there was some fantastic racing during the evening that put that dreadful rubbish at Cardiff the following evening to shame .

• Like 2

First I've been on here since the meeting and I can't believe anybody could have argued about the decision in the final . Kurtz missed the gate and tried a big wide sweep , lifted and went into the fence . It's a shame , but the ref was right to exclude him . In any case had Kurtz won the race I feel King and Tungate would have kept Josh at the back because Josh didn't look fast all night .

Overall the best pair on the evening won the meeting , but there was some fantastic racing during the evening that put that dreadful rubbish at Cardiff the following evening to shame .

Not according to some, it was an excellent meeting .... :o

Not according to some, it was an excellent meeting .... :o

Some people on here are on weird substances. :D :D

Any meeting where one gate wins 16 races and another wins 0 races is highly unlikely to be a good meeting. It was better than Tampere, but that's not saying a lot.

Somerset was good stuff, though, even if the final was a little bit of an anti-climax. You coming next year, Sue? (I'm sure you can get a lift back to Cardiff with Shawn and Alan, if you ask them nicely ;) )

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Some people on here are on weird substances. :D :D

Any meeting where one gate wins 16 races and another wins 0 races is highly unlikely to be a good meeting. It was better than Tampere, but that's not saying a lot.

Somerset was good stuff, though, even if the final was a little bit of an anti-climax. You coming next year, Sue? (I'm sure you can get a lift back to Cardiff with Shawn and Alan, if you ask them nicely ;) )

All the best

Rob

No! ... :lol:

No! ... :lol:

Ah go on. You get to see me in my costume, and you also get to see a paralytic Wee George. :wink: I notice the Somerset Rooster wasn't there this year; I'm wondering if that's because of past encounters with Wee George :D

And you see some proper racing ;)

All the best

Rob

Ah go on. You get to see me in my costume, and you also get to see a paralytic Wee George. :wink: I notice the Somerset Rooster wasn't there this year; I'm wondering if that's because of past encounters with Wee George :D

The legendary encounters with wee George :lol:

• Like 2

Congratulations to Ipswich on a well deserved win. Deserved winners of the meeting and the final!!!!! Such a pity the Somerset lads can't get through their heads that a final race is over 4 laps and not just bends 1&2. Have to feel for young Brady tho' ...... Talented rider!

Track preparation on such a hot day, full marks to track staff

I have one gripe, please bring back the "walkabout cider sellers!!!!"

Thanks, some great photos!!!

can you not read my post above yours?

I came to watch some Speedway , saw some Speedway , had a lovely chat with some fans from Peterborough and Berwick , got covered in shale , spent ages getting a burger and chips but enjoyed every mouthful , bought more badges , fell over and spilt my Fanta , enjoyed my time off work , sat in the car park without a care in the world ... enjoyed the Pairs immensely again and went back to Newport delighted

• Like 2

so you are backtracking in the same quote.!!

Brady came off on his own but from your vantage point it looked like bunching?? You make no sense.

If (as it seems ) you are on the start line then surely you had the perfect vantage point to see a rider on the outside lift and go down??

Surely the guys on the backstraight have the worse view??

Watch the video in the link its quite clear Kurtz fell on his own.

You keep banging on about your opinion and hate being called a liar, well your opinion isnt an opinion its fact Kurtz fell off.

What is wrong is you giving the ref a load of abuse if (as you say) you couldnt see it properly.

I believe you felt aggrieved that you lost the final , abused the ref, came on the forum and blasted your mouth of without thought.

A true man would own up and apologise for your actions but you then try and blast the witches fans to take heat of of the drivel you wrote. Its funny how the so called abuse you saw was only seen by you and no other Somerset fans.

You got it wrong pure and simple, you should grow a pair and admit you are wrong.

After watching the video do you still think all 4 back? If you do then i would say you know naff all about the sport.

15 metre handicap?? laughable. Put Kurtz off 15 metres, a witch has an engine failure and Somerset win. What a load of tosh

How was I backtracking? Kurtz lifts and from my view looked as if he had nowhere to go due to the heads in the way, as the gate comes out a bit so its hard to see. Even though you can still see a bit.

Yes after watching the video i can see that wasn't the case but I hadn't seen it at that point.

You say I haven't apologised, yet if you read my posts I clearly have so your the one making dribble there.

I can't account for other rebels fans but as i have said in the post your more than welcome to come to the start line and ask my uncle as he was in the car with me at the time.

And as for saying i know eff all about the sport well your dead wrong there.

Edited by Brummie Rebel