British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

I've read on more that one occasion on different sites that Watt didn't want to ride heat 10 either and was threatened with a fine, that obviously could just be hearsay. As for Holder he has already said it shouldn't have started as it was raining in heat 1.

Didn't think of it like that.

I have already said i agree with Holder the meeting shouldnt have started as it was raining and more rain forecast

The fact is, as has been stated many times, that whoever is losing is going to make the protest, while whoever is winning is going to accept the situation.

That's what it's all about (no offence to Clive Fisher intended :D ).

Can you imagine the furore had the situation been reversed and Poole were asking for a restaging. :shock:

This forum would have gone into apoplexy with comments about cheatin' Pirates, whinging Poole, Matt Ford to be executed ........ et al.

• Like 2

I think you're exaggerating! Most fans would only want him incarcerated for life.

The match was yet another farce with this determination to get to heat 10 regardless of rider safety. It does seem ridiculous that a track fit for racing in heat 10 becomes immediately unfit after that race despite virtually no difference in the conditions. However you look at it, it is ripping off the fans to appease Sky/Go Speed.

The fault here lies with the SCB Steward who lacked the courage to make an obvious decision. So far as I know, he was the only person with the authority to call it off. His comment that it was unfair to raise the issue of rider safety and to point out his responsibilities speaks volumes.

Poole simply took advantage of the situation, as would any other team.

• Like 3

I think you're exaggerating! Most fans would only want him incarcerated for life.

The match was yet another farce with this determination to get to heat 10 regardless of rider safety. It does seem ridiculous that a track fit for racing in heat 10 becomes immediately unfit after that race despite virtually no difference in the conditions. However you look at it, it is ripping off the fans to appease Sky/Go Speed.

The fault here lies with the SCB Steward who lacked the courage to make an obvious decision. So far as I know, he was the only person with the authority to call it off. His comment that it was unfair to raise the issue of rider safety and to point out his responsibilities speaks volumes.

Poole simply took advantage of the situation, as would any other team.

That's quite interesting. I was only chatting to a couple of speedway friends last night about Mondays debacle,and I said to them that given what was happening at FIFA , we might have to re-introduce the death penalty in this country in order to suitably punish the administrators of british speedway if ever they got brought to book :D

Not quite. After heat 10 only the losing team can ask for a track inspection or abandonment, prior to heat 10 there's no restriction. The ref or meeting steward can consult on track conditions at any time.

Fair enough, I wasn't sure although that's not what Middlo was saying at the time, but hey?!

We must assume therefore that the Meeting Steward and the Referee DID consult and decided to continue to Heat 10, whereupon I believe the rules say that a result can be declared! That's a SCB/BSPA rule agreed by all, or a majority of, promoters - not a Sky/GSI rule I gather!?

As a Coventry fan my opinion is 1. NO it should never have started. 2. YES we should have been allowed to prepare OUR track as we saw fit. 3. Only Sky are to blame for the farce. 4. All parties should be refunded losses by Sky. 5. No way should it be re-run end of, it was the same for both sides and would open the way for endless ridiculous situations and bending of the rules for future meetings all over the country, it was raced Poole won get over it. Then ALL clubs should then stick together and make a stand against Sky that THEY and they alone will decide whether tracks are prepared by themselves and deemed fit to race and provide a true product for hardworking paying supporters.

• Like 9

Point 2 you are so wrong sky have no say in track prep And the track was done that way because of all the rain if not they would not have got as far as they did............

• Like 1

Sorry tsc 1 but Had is right with point 2, home teams have to be allowed to prepare tracks how they want it. You can't have an outside person dictating track preparation.

As I've said tracks can prep the track the way they want to. Sky DONOT have a say in track prep. FACT..........

As I've said tracks can prep the track the way they want to. Sky DONOT have a say in track prep. FACT..........

Then why were Coventry not allowed on Monday? It's been confirmed that they couldn't even by Pearsen who said it was due to weather forecast by yet making the track the way they did and still trying to sort it 5mins before start time didn't help.

Yet Havvy, when interviewed at the start of the meeting, said quite clearly that Terry - the regular trackman - had worked tirelessly all day to get the track fit to race!!?

That probably meant getting it fairly slick so that it could take a bit of rain, but when the Bees riders did their track walk around 6.15pm they saw it wasn't to their liking and got Terry to put some of the shale back and to churn up the starts - just before it started raining!!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3

Then why were Coventry not allowed on Monday? It's been confirmed that they couldn't even by Pearsen who said it was due to weather forecast by yet making the track the way they did and still trying to sort it 5mins before start time didn't help.

Is was confirmed by your own team manager that your trackman had done a great job on the track ..Are you calling him a liar ? .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

As that wise old sage, David Brent, once said 'some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue'.

Now stop bleating...you are sounding like an extremely sore loser. Move on.

• Like 3

As that wise old sage, David Brent, once said 'some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue'.

Now stop bleating...you are sounding like an extremely sore loser. Move on.

Sounding like a paying fan that was robbed. Easy for people to judge when they weren't there.

Is was confirmed by your own team manager that your trackman had done a great job on the track ..Are you calling him a liar ? .

That was early on before the track was ripped back up and the heavy rain came