British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

Starman are u irish?

Whats that got to do with anything. No.

Weather update: dry and breezy.

It says in twitter the track hasn't been watered much due to forecast so if no rain comes it might actually be a bit dusty to start with!

Not sure what it is like there in Coventry, but here in South Derbyshire it is not good. Dull and overcast with rain showers as I speak and the wind is getting up. The barometer has been dropping alarmingly all afternoon. If this meeting goes it then you will be getting much better weather conditions than here and we are not that far away. The prssure has dropped 5mb since this morning and we are getting gust of around 20 m.p.h and I am in a built up are so out in the open it could well be over the 20m.p.h mark.

Best of luck and I hope you get the meeting on. We get far to many lost meetings due to rain. Still it can't be as bad as having to have a 3 quter of an hour break when the sun shines at Leicester.. I am sure the riders must be getting very soft these days, can't race when it's sunny can't race when we have a few showers and they can't ride on a track unless it is like a billiard table.

Seen some old pictures with the lads wearing a boiler suit and a leather face mask and a pair of goggles riding on a track looking like a ploughed field and pouring down with rain. Where they just made of sterner stuff than they are now.

Any way best of luck for the meeting and hope the Bees can win it.

Edited by weatherwatcher

Whats that got to do with anything. No.

bejeezus starry, aye tink yiv been rumbled so you hav.
  • Like 1

Troy Bachelor had the same problem last week.

I thought he'd had too much Polish sausage inside him!..... according to rosco :rofl:

I would like Coventry to win but think Poole will edge it esp with Hans Andersen riding with a broken finger. I can see our reserves breaking the tapes when they move cos of the wind lol

When you budget for the year I would imagine you already build in the anticipated Sky money into your plans and the level of drop in attendance that goes with it. In my opinion any drop in price would result in reduced income for the club as the increased attendance wouldn't generate the necessary cash to cover the price drop.

As to Swindon I don't know but I would expect it cost them money but maybe they hoped to attract new customers for the longer term?

When you budget for the year I would imagine you already build in the anticipated Sky money into your plans and the level of drop in attendance that goes with it. In my opinion any drop in price would result in reduced income for the club as the increased attendance wouldn't generate the necessary cash to cover the price drop.

As to Swindon I don't know but I would expect it cost them money but maybe they hoped to attract new customers for the longer term?

I just think charging full price is a mistake, we will see by the crowd tonight. If it was a tenner I would be there now.

I just think charging full price is a mistake, we will see by the crowd tonight. If it was a tenner I would be there now.

So do I I go to most meetings apart from when it's on sky a take away for half the price luvly jubbly

Edited by muffinman

If it's delayed for a sun break that's me finished with speedway.lol

• Like 2

Rain coming down quite heavy with the wind blowing it about here. Hope it dosen't make it over your way.