British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

Well done to the Pirates for seeing it thru to a predictable heat 10 call off.

Sulky Havvy puts himself in a poor light yet again.

Toys out the pram because your boys were being owned.

What happened to one of the best reserves , Sarj, tonight ?:wink:

• Like 8

I can't understand how it can be safe in heat 9, then after a crash, to allow heat 10 to be run, then abandon the meeting after heat 10! Why not carry on till the end? Either it's safe or it isn't!!

• Like 3

If Garrity thinks it's dangerous, then it is

Steward doesn't keep to his word about inspection

Poole rule - sorry, Poole's rules

What a sham!

It is pouring and the wind is blowing the covering of the greyhound track it's that strong. Not much visibility with rain blowing at us watching it, can't imagine what it's like on a bike.

The track is dangerous and rider safety should have come first. Just glad nobody was injured.

The crowd was lower than NL, they had the right idea staying home. One of the worst meetings I've been too.

There's no way this would have gone ahead if it hadn't been on sky 😡

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Did I just see Bomber do the spinning finger 'nutcase' gesture and then point at Havelock? :D

• Like 1

I am surprised at bomber

I would have thought he would have gone out and blasted holder into the mud

but he didn't - thought he would have been made of sterner stuff.

garritty nearly wipes them all out

havvy sees they are not going to win

then cries foul

you couldn't make it up

• Like 1

But what exactly was the right thing to do? At what precise moment should the meeting have been called off? The team that's winning want to go on, the team that's losing don't, it is a familiar scenario.

A potentially good meeting wrecked by the weather, I'd like to know what anyone could have done about it.

It should never have started.

It's Havvys ball and he has taken it home........

Its the Monty Pythons Flying Circus British Speedway Elite League...

Der der, der der, der der, der,der, dee dum dee diddly Deeeee..

The sport is deceased, the only reason it is upright is because someone has nailed its feet to the perch!!!

A wakey, wakeyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

Last one out, turn the lights out...

Mickey Mouse has just got himself another BSPA watch......

• Like 4

Peter Clarke needs to grow a backbone.

He says the track is fit to ride, but when Havelock says it will be his fault if someone is hurt he claims it's unfair to put that on him.....so clearly that means he knows the track is unfit.

If Clarke isn't willing to stand by his decision and accept responsibility for saying "race on" then it clearly is the wrong decision.

• Like 6

Can't see how Poole are to blame. The match official said race, Poole were ready to race and Bees downed tools on the principle of rider safety. I do not think we have heard the last of this.

Well done to Poole who were the better side on the night in the conditions.

• Like 9

I think (for what it's worth) that speedway needs to start thinking about value for money. If you were new to speedway and watched this would you go to a meeting?

Did I just see Bomber do the spinning finger 'nutcase' gesture and then point at Havelock? :D

That was my impression of his gesture!
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how to search for threads from 2014? Should make some interesting reading looking back at the Swindon v Cov match at the start of the season last year.

it doesnt really matter if Havvy has been a hypocrite or not. I think we all know that would be the case 90% of the time for the team manager behind.

Thats why the decsion is made by an official and why those officials need to make an impartial decision.

IMO the score should make no difference in that officials decision either. Its safe or its not full stop.

• Like 1

What a bunch of hypocrites on here tonight...if you were leading you would have wanted the meeting to run to heat 10 to get your team a result. The fact that it was Poole who were winning is completely IRRELEVANT!!

No riders were hurt and there were no major offs and a result reached. Forget it was Poole racing for one moment FFS.

• Like 8