British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

Tuesday September 29, 2015

BELOW is an SCB statement regarding the abandoned Coventry v Poole fixture and subsequent hearing and ACU appeal.

Further to the Press Release issued on 16th July 2015 the SCB wish to advise the following.

The Coventry Promotion, as was their right lodged an Appeal to the Auto-Cycle Union.

Whilst preparing for the Appeal Hearing, the SCB realised that at the SCB Courts Disciplinary Hearing, a flaw was spotted concerning the composition of the SCB Court in that it did not fully comply with the 2015 Speedway Regulations.

Following internal discussions the SCB agreed with the ACU, that the Appeal Hearing should not take place and that the Appeal Fee paid by Coventry should be returned.

Regarding the £3000 fine imposed by the SCB Court, at the Hearing held on Thursday 9th July should be quashed, although the fines imposed by the Meeting Referee would stand as these had been correctly imposed; the Court had merely endorsed their agreement of the Meeting Referees actions.

Some common sense at last albeit a bit late

Some common sense at last albeit a bit late

Common sense? Not really. This is a case of "sweep it under the carpet, Coventry will be happy to have got their 3 grand back (plus anything off the fans) and everyone will forget about it so we can carry on as normal"

Abrogation more like!!!!

Common sense? Not really. This is a case of "sweep it under the carpet, Coventry will be happy to have got their 3 grand back (plus anything off the fans) and everyone will forget about it so we can carry on as normal"

Forget about what? Not the meeting surely? Surely it's time to forget it, it was a horrible night for speedway, but it's gone.

Forget about what? Not the meeting surely? Surely it's time to forget it, it was a horrible night for speedway, but it's gone.

Forget that the rules for Sky meetings are a joke. And the fact that Sky meeting have different rules is a joke.

There have been so many horrible nights for Speedway . A fudge and it will all go away?Perhaps the incident does but the damage is permanent.

Forget that the rules for Sky meetings are a joke. And the fact that Sky meeting have different rules is a joke.

Sky is a necessary evil. I agree that they're too involved in the meetings they show but for me, as someone who doesn't get a chance to get to many meetings I'm just grateful we have speedway on tv. Until someone else comes up with the goods I'm just going to try and enjoy it

The only joke on here is you..

The only joke on here is you..

From you that means a lot :wub:

How about you look in the mirror

Yeh, i do it all the time, and say you good looking barsteward you. ;)

tv rules most sport, clubs are told when and how they have to run them and we are all just meant to tow the line but the sport needs tv so they will always have the upper hand.

tv rules most sport, clubs are told when and how they have to run them and we are all just meant to tow the line but the sport needs tv so they will always have the upper hand.

I think it is just as well that SKY do run the meetings for TV live transmission. I really don't have confidence that promoters appreciate, or could, keep things running to a satisfactory timetable that would keep SKY happy. Anything 'live' and the clock is king, and long may it be.

• Like 2

It shouldn't have anything to do with Sky whether a meeting is postponed, abandoned or lets get to heat 10 for a result. No other sports have that or similar for tv, neither should speedway. The process for either of those should be the same whether on sky or not just like any other sport.

• Like 1