British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Nl Fours At Coventry 14th June 2015

Pleased to have learned about the result but also pleased to have been at the RAF Cosford Air Show instead for a whole day's worth of entertainment and no crashes.

I am sure glad you saw no crashes.

And you would of seen a lot more entertainment than the farce at Coventry.

Edited by AJ is King

Well done Brummies---Thanks to SingsforKings for not tipping us once again :t:

That apart seems like a farce of a meeting.

Maybe the winner should get to hold the meeting each season

Back home at Shale Towers finally after what must of been one of the longest speedway meetings I think I've ever attended....

What the hell has happened to the Coventry track, truly awful. I lost count of the number of re-runs of heats.

However I'm very pleased that the Brummies came out on top.

Well done lads.

Maybe the winner should get to hold the meeting each season

I'll take anyone holding it other than Coventry. Meeting was a farce - it became more about survival than racing. We could have seen a very serious incident today and from where I was sitting it was nothing short of a miracle that we didn't. Hope James Shanes, Danny Ayres, David Mason, Jack Kingston and BWD are all ok.

For balance, I don't want my comments about the track to take anything away from Birmingham. Well done chaps - Adam Ellis rode brilliantly to win the race off.

Edited by Kings1st
  • Like 3

BSPA if you read this we want to see the fours at Perry Barr next season ok? ;)

• Like 1

Are you suggesting that the BSPA listen to the supporters? I think you're asking a bit much there.

Are you suggesting that the BSPA listen to the supporters? I think you're asking a bit much there.

If they don't listen to us why should we watch their sport? They should do things the supporters want!

Never gonna happen.

We cannot race 24 heats due to planning permission and we would never get it all in under the curfew.

You know a man collapsed from boredom

I read something about that on Facebook...he was stood in amongst the Coventry fans wasn't he? Well I wish him a speedy recovery. Never nice when that happens. From what I gather, it apparently started off as a faint and ended up as a head injury when his head hit the concrete terracing. I hope it's not a bad injury.

• Like 1

I read something about that on Facebook...he was stood in amongst the Coventry fans wasn't he? Well I wish him a speedy recovery. Never nice when that happens. From what I gather, it apparently started off as a faint and ended up as a head injury when his head hit the concrete terracing. I hope it's not a bad injury.

Sounds bad. not sure where he was. all the same a speedy recovery

Gutted to have missed this 4's win (having also missed the Brummies PL4's win) - was due to attend but friend I was due to go with wasn't well enough :cry: But WELL DONE guys you all did us proud!

Edited by kitten2502

I am sure glad you saw no crashes.

Joking aside, the number of crashes I've seen in the NL this year is doing my head in. Even on a well prepared track like Perry Barr, we get 8-10 fallers in a meeting on average. How are we supposed to attract new followers to the sport if the professionals entrusted to provide us with entertaining racing, keep falling off?

I haven't counted the fallers on the Updates site scorecard, but from what I gather, there was a hell of a lot. IMO, if you want a demolition derby, go and watch banger racing, If you want 2 falls, 2 submissions or a knockout to decide a winner, go and watch the wrestling. This sorf of thing has nothing to do with what speedway should be all about.

And what do Coventry think they are playing at again? I was last there for the FIM World u21 Qualifiers a few years ago. The track was pants then. Today, it seems it was no better. The NL is supposed to be where young riders are nurtured and developed for the sake of the future of the sport in this country. Coventry's track team seem to want to kill and mame them instead. Sorry, but I entered this season with an open mind about NL racing. I've not been encouraged by much other than the Brummies results so far...and there should be a lot more to it all than just the results.

As UKM says, NL riders fall regularly on well prepared tracks so making them race on a bad one is asking for it really.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Birmingham. Look good all meeting. Unlucky for Coventry Storm to just miss out on the race off but should be proud of what they did. Kent also looked good.

Was very surprised by how poor Cradley rode as was expecting them to put up a strong challenge.

It seemed strange watching Eastbourne & Birmingham in the NL instead of EL but great to see them both racing

I agree with a lot on Twitter, we had huge amounts of rain last couple of days and therefore track was bit patchy to start with as hadn't been watered anymore to start with because of chance of rain but once the rain came the track improved a lot. The crashes were mainly down to hard racing or technical faults in the bikes in the case of Bradley & Shuttleworth. There are always more crashes in NL unfortunately due to lack of experience or control as a lot are still learning. Was the same riders most of the time.

I hope the supporter who was stood on the away bend is okay after their fall.

Edited by mdmc82