British Speedway Forum

Always interesting to see which gate is the best / worst at these meetings. Historically 1 and 4 have been the best at Cardiff, except one year when 1 was a graveyard. In the meeting last Tuesday in went like this.

Gate 1, 7 wins

Gate 2, 5

Gate 3, 6

Gate 4, 2

Total points

Gate 1, 35

Gate 2, 32

Gate 3, 35

Gate 4, 18

This is the advantage of having a practice meeting before the main event, hopefully Ole and his team will make gate 4 better and all will be fair.

Its going to be hot on Saturday, my weather app shows 23 degree (5 degree cooler then Friday).

If long queues in that heat, tempers could go haywire, then no food or DRINK (water) to be allowed in the stadium, so the queues for the buffet bars will be long (and they were bad enough last year), the wife has a need to drink little often so we could be in a pickle,

If things turn bad this could be the last trip to Cardiff which is a shame cause we like the place.

Although they don't allow bottles into the stadium we've always taken in cartons of juice etc and they've never been confiscated. Also always taken in crisps and things like that and never had a problem...

• Like 1

Always interesting to see which gate is the best / worst at these meetings. Historically 1 and 4 have been the best at Cardiff, except one year when 1 was a graveyard. In the meeting last Tuesday in went like this.

Gate 1, 7 wins

Gate 2, 5

Gate 3, 6

Gate 4, 2

Total points

Gate 1, 35

Gate 2, 32

Gate 3, 35

Gate 4, 18

This is the advantage of having a practice meeting before the main event, hopefully Ole and his team will make gate 4 better and all will be fair.

These stats mean nothing as they do not allow for any over taking in 4 laps. The statistic that should be used is first gate to bend 1 and also bend 2 on lap 1.

Gate 1, 7 wins

Gate 2, 5

Gate 3, 6

Gate 4, 2

Total points

Gate 1, 35

Gate 2, 32

Gate 3, 35

Gate 4, 18

For a moment there I was confused.

I thought you were talking about the best/worst gate for Spectators to get in.

I was just trying to work it out,

In the hour to get in after 4pm.

Which is is the best to smuggle alcohol in, and which would be best for my sarnies to get through, past the over zealous staff.

If Ole can be hanging around gate four I'll slip him a few quid to let me in with a six pack of Brains Best and a pasty from Greggs.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 3

Which is is the best to smuggle alcohol in, and which would be best for my sarnies to get through, past the over zealous staff.

Do they actually stop people? in my experience people (the British!) walk up to the security guys to be searched. Just walk up to the turnstile and then walk to your seat and nobody searches you.

Do they actually stop people? in my experience people (the British!) walk up to the security guys to be searched. Just walk up to the turnstile and then walk to your seat and nobody searches you.

I will again have my random bottle of water with me this year to see if I can smuggle it in by simply walking between the security chaps ;)

All the best

Rob

In general you have a point.

But another common British characteristic has been on show some years at some gates.

That when you give some people a fluorescent jacket and a photo I'D on a lanyard.

They take on their job with such relish that they would be carrying out internal examinations on old ladies for contraband concealed in ther bloomers.

If they were given the power.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

In general you have a point.

But another common British characteristic has been on show some years at some gates.

That when you give some people a fluorescent jacket and a photo I'D on a lanyard.

They take on their job with such relish that they would be carrying out internal examinations on old ladies for contraband concealed in ther bloomers.

If they were given the power.

Maybe they see me stumbling in, chatting more crap than normal 5 minutes before tapes up and decide it's not worth the hassle every year and just let me in :D

I've never been searched and I've been every year.

Always get beer in as well. Admittedly it's already been consumed.

In my experience, they search your bag, but not you. I hide my drink in my jacket, and just smile as I open my bag in their direction, never failed yet.

I drink my alcohol before I get to the queue, beats the bu**ers every time.

• Like 1

I have been searched at Cardiff before and although i can understand not allowing you to bring your own alcohol not being allowed to bring a bottle of water seems ridiculous to me.

I have been searched at Cardiff before and although i can understand not allowing you to bring your own alcohol not being allowed to bring a bottle of water seems ridiculous to me.

As long as its not a glass bottle, they cant take your water.

Anyone know what time the draw is please, it still says TBC on the GP site?