British Speedway Forum

if that is my opinion how is that made up ? You are entitled to your option and I am also - for me in MY opinion there wasn't anything like a race till heat 19 the event was flat and just never got going it need a spark which never came - we was at Somerset the night before and that was 100% better than what I saw last night .

Thinking it over, that's probably why I didn't rate it as a meeting. There was nothing of note. There is rarely anything much happening in the first four heats of a GP anyway but after that you more or less knew that whoever was in red was going to win. There were no crashes (not that I wanted any), there were no incidents of any note, no dodgy refs decisions, there were no brilliant cut backs, no surges round the outside line, no bouncing or riding up the air fence. Certainly there was no atmosphere coming across on TV, even the pics showing the crowd seemed to be looking bored. The supposed hate for Nicki P didn't seem to galvanise the crowd and he was perfectly behaved (how could you be so boring Nicki :P ) In essence it was a very sanitised GP and IMHO quite boring.

Most other Cardiff GPs have had at least one spark fairly early on, be it an exc for tapes, a bit of unfair riding, a crash when we all held out breath. Last night had none of them, Batchelors crash apart and even that seemed fairly innocuous when it happened. I do think the ref got that one wrong tho.

By the time it got to heat 19, I was bored and being entertained mainly by twitter/facebook and BSF.

So altho you are correct in that there was passing, I stick to my view that it was far from a classic and certainly won't be one I'll rewatch time after time. I hope you enjoy watching the repeats.

• Like 3

Watched on TV. Excellent track but gate bias was ridiculous. This made the racing a bit boring as white and yellow had no chance of winning a heat.

• Like 1

Thinking it over, that's probably why I didn't rate it as a meeting. There was nothing of note. There is rarely anything much happening in the first four heats of a GP anyway but after that you more or less knew that whoever was in red was going to win. There were no crashes (not that I wanted any), there were no incidents of any note, no dodgy refs decisions, there were no brilliant cut backs, no surges round the outside line, no bouncing or riding up the air fence. Certainly there was no atmosphere coming across on TV, even the pics showing the crowd seemed to be looking bored. The supposed hate for Nicki P didn't seem to galvanise the crowd and he was perfectly behaved (how could you be so boring Nicki :P ) In essence it was a very sanitised GP and IMHO quite boring.

Most other Cardiff GPs have had at least one spark fairly early on, be it an exc for tapes, a bit of unfair riding, a crash when we all held out breath. Last night had none of them, Batchelors crash apart and even that seemed fairly innocuous when it happened. I do think the ref got that one wrong tho.

By the time it got to heat 19, I was bored and being entertained mainly by twitter/facebook and BSF.

So altho you are correct in that there was passing, I stick to my view that it was far from a classic and certainly won't be one I'll rewatch time after time. I hope you enjoy watching the repeats.

You do like a good crash.

Not read through so not sure if this been mentioned before but our original seats were on lower tier 3rd bend, due to the track being on top of the pitch now it is quite a lot higher which means the view is now terrible, can't see over the fence lucky to see top of riders helmets. I expect a lot of people won't be happy.

We quickly moved to upper tier home straight which like usual,was empty had 3rd row to ourselves.

Just got back................the one thing that sticks out in my mind was from where we were sat was right by where the riders came out on parade...........when Nicki P was waiting he was smiling at everyone around him where as most of the others looked straight ahead............and I don't think he was expecting the reaction from the fans.............as soon as he was on that ramp his head dropped and his shoulder slumped...............

Yes it was a bit gate and go but there were some good passes.............NKI deserving the win...............never saw that coming I thought Holder had it all wrapped up.................good to know Batch has no broken bones............

The only thing that annoyed me was Tai doing laps after the final............yes its his home GP but I felt he was taking away the glory for Iversen's win by doing it...................

RP

• Like 2

And more fictitious nonsense!

a few comments just taken from live updates.. which according to you never happened..

Heat 2: Zagar round Jepsen Jensen on bend 3 lap 1

Heat 3: Holder gets past Hancock on lap 2.

Heat 6: Doyle goes under Kildemand on bend 1 lap 2 and brings him down.

Re-Run: Kildemand gates moves out wide, taking Iversen with him. Cook cuts up the inside to lead off bend 2. Kildemand reclaims the lead coming into bend 3 and Iversen takes second coming off bend 4 lap 1.

Heat 7: Zagar got past Batchelor at the end of lap 2. Batchelor re-passed Zagar on bend 2 lap 4, ran wide on bends 3&4 lap 4 and Zagar cut back to re-pass Batchelor on the run to the line.

Heat 8: Harris emerges from bend 2 in front but leaves a huge gap going into bend 1 lap 2 which Hancock takes advantage of.

And that's just from the quiet part of the meeting as the racing got better from then on.

There were several incidents, two involving Kildemand being taken off, Nicki wiping one out and Garrity wiping one out. Holder was bouncing off the air fence regularly (unless you mean a repeat of the T-Rick ride, which has happened once, ever). There were cutbacks resulting in passes multiple times during the meeting as well as numerous outside passes. Yet you claim none of these things happened..

Stunning.

Edited by BWitcher

. May go back but to me prices increased this year too much...

Not if you booked them early , was same price as last year.

Have say some people wore rose tinted glasses last night or Specsavers needs a call in the morning.

Have say some people wore rose tinted glasses last night or Specsavers needs a call in the morning.

From, you, you can't argue with facts.

Passing in 17 of 23 races. Doesn't matter what you claim, that it was took place.

Compared to a few of the European GPs in the past couple of years the racing at Cardiff wasn't brilliant but the track was one of the best I've seen, especially when compared to the dangerous, rutted surface in 2008, when was also a massive Gate 1 bias.

And more fictitious nonsense!

a few comments just taken from live updates.. which according to you never happened..

Heat 2: Zagar round Jepsen Jensen on bend 3 lap 1

Heat 3: Holder gets past Hancock on lap 2.

Heat 6: Doyle goes under Kildemand on bend 1 lap 2 and brings him down.Re-Run: Kildemand gates moves out wide, taking Iversen with him. Cook cuts up the inside to lead off bend 2. Kildemand reclaims the lead coming into bend 3 and Iversen takes second coming off bend 4 lap 1.

Heat 7: Zagar got past Batchelor at the end of lap 2. Batchelor re-passed Zagar on bend 2 lap 4, ran wide on bends 3&4 lap 4 and Zagar cut back to re-pass Batchelor on the run to the line.

Heat 8: Harris emerges from bend 2 in front but leaves a huge gap going into bend 1 lap 2 which Hancock takes advantage of.

And that's just from the quiet part of the meeting as the racing got better from then on.

There were several incidents, two involving Kildemand being taken off, Nicki wiping one out and Garrity wiping one out. Holder was bouncing off the air fence regularly (unless you mean a repeat of the T-Rick ride, which has happened once, ever). There were cutbacks resulting in passes multiple times during the meeting as well as numerous outside passes. Yet you claim none of these things happened..

Stunning.

I respect your OPINION you seem to have a problem with people who have an opinion that differs from yours.

I don't dispute there was overtaking, I don't dispute that the above incidents took place. I simply have the opinion that I was bored, especially as we were repeatedly told that Cardiff was the pinnacle of the sport.

Maybe the SEC a couple df weeks ago gave me higher expectations.

• Like 3

From, you, you can't argue with facts.

Passing in 17 of 23 races. Doesn't matter what you claim, that it was took place.

if your happy with that I'm pleased for you

I respect your OPINION you seem to have a problem with people who have an opinion that differs from yours.

I don't dispute there was overtaking, I don't dispute that the above incidents took place. I simply have the opinion that I was bored, especially as we were repeatedly told that Cardiff was the pinnacle of the sport.

Even though the Cardiff GP is the pinnacle for the riders, same as past football World/FA CUP Finals and other major sporting finals, they don't always deliver unfortunately.

I was bored stiff and I sat in the stadium

Not read through so not sure if this been mentioned before but our original seats were on lower tier 3rd bend, due to the track being on top of the pitch now it is quite a lot higher which means the view is now terrible, can't see over the fence lucky to see top of riders helmets. I expect a lot of people won't be happy.

I did lower tier in Bombers year and said then id never do it again, it was terrible then..