British Speedway Forum

if your happy with that I'm pleased for you

If you're unhappy with passing in 17 of 23 heats then speedway is the wrong sport for you.

Good to see both young reserves getting some action and experience.The track was smoother than usual.Wasnt a classic but seen a lot worse.Cookie tried hard and just missed the cut,Harris was poor again and Wuffy put in a brilliant heat 19 which was top drawer.Thanks for the entertaining wheelies from Wuffy and Holder,well done lads.Congratulations to Iversen on a good win,wasnt the best all night but won when it mattered.Good weekend.

I respect your OPINION you seem to have a problem with people who have an opinion that differs from yours.

I don't dispute there was overtaking, I don't dispute that the above incidents took place. I simply have the opinion that I was bored, especially as we were repeatedly told that Cardiff was the pinnacle of the sport.

Maybe the SEC a couple df weeks ago gave me higher expectations.

Then again, wrong sport for you.

Besides, you didn't give it as an opinion, you clearly stated the events didn't happen. They did.

Then again, wrong sport for you.

Besides, you didn't give it as an opinion, you clearly stated the events didn't happen. They did.

I can only apologise for not treating a post on the BSF in the same way as a dissertation

# there should be a smilie there but my mobile device and BSF don't seem to communicate lol#

Edited by Star Lady

I can only apologise for not treating a post on the BSF in the same way as a dissertation

Last night's meeting was awful, the bikes had no engines, and the stadium was empty.

I don't think Michael Jepsen Jensen deserved to win either.

Nobody was enjoying the meeting, I could tell from watching the TV. Nobody was cheering, there was no noise.

The shale was the wrong color as well, I didn't like it being green.

Finally, I'm fed up with them racing clockwise in GP's.

As Cardiff goes the racing was good but not upto standards of years gone by still awesome day out great fans great atmosphere roll on next year

I was bored stiff and I sat in the stadium

Good knows what happens to you when you watch Kings lynn then ...the standard of speedway you must watch must be amazing .

It would seem some people have unachievable expectations when it comes to Speedway nowadays... almost as if there isn't any passing on every single bend or a rider coming from last to first then they are disappointed. As someone has said, 17 passes in 23 races must be well above average for a GP. Only disappointing aspect was gate 1 being so advantageous, but even when a gate 1 rider cleared off there was still plenty of passing going on behind, just because the passing isn't for first place doesn't make it a bad race! Seen at least 2 Kings Lynn fans claim that it was boring last night, I can assure you that it was a much better meeting than anything I've seen at Kings Lynn in the past 3 years and that includes World Cups.

Good racing, plenty of incidents, good atmosphere, that'll do me everytime :t:

Edited by speedy17
  • Like 3

It would seem most peopl think that "racing" in Cardiff is what speedway looks like mostly because they have no comparission beside UK leagues witch are ones of the weakest in the world.

Someone sad that the poles didn't do very well? :lol:

Good knows what happens to you when you watch Kings lynn then ...the standard of speedway you must watch must be amazing .

Bit like Swindons then .. ;)

Not had chance to read through the pages yet, but as you can imagine, well pleased with the result of the SGP. I thought the meeting was OK. the track was the best I've seen, but to me the preferences of the gate positions really spoiled the meeting. For the first 16 heats, It appeared gate 1 guaranteed a win.. There were many minor positional changes, but usually, when you got to the front you were home and dry.... It showed up on the screen after 20 races, 16 from gate1 2 from Gates 2 and 3, and if you were on the outside you had no chance. and that to me is so unfair....... Holder actually had 4 gate1's in 7 races, whereas some only had 1,

Kildemand went down in my estimation. In one instance, he twice going to ground so easily just to get the rerun. Seeing some of the angles he achieves when he rides he, more than most could have tried to recover instead of pulling a fast one. and then he later he tries to fence Magic down the home straight. really showed him up in a good light, what a nice man...

Garrity 'Tee-Bone' on Lambert was ruthless in the extreme, But Doyle and Pedersen on Killer, were just brushing 50/50 racing incidents, with no intent. They're expected in this sport...... Ref's need to look at that rule.... When riders bale out, there should be other options instead of automatic blame....

Good night, Plenty noise, Plenty drinks, Lots of cocktails. even the surprised Winner in Niels, added to the accession, all adding to a wonderful weekend........

Expensive though!!!!!!!

I really enjoyed the day, for many it's about meeting up with friends on here and it's always a great atmosphere in the town. The racing is an added bonus. It's what you make of it really.

These riders are the best in the world, they arnt going to give an inch so people who expect passing moves every lap are dreamers. The way the seating is arranged always bugs me, why not try get all sections filled in middle tier, make it feel fuller.Flags free for the back straight so it looks good for TV, well at £60-70 a ticket why not give everybody a flag so they can have ?.The atmosphere was good, the rider entrance was clever and some of the races were top draw, track held up well and Ole Olsens new job as track waterer was quite amusing. Shame they don't get the national anthems sung as the guy who used to do it a few years back was really good. Last comment was that the fireworks seemed a fraction of the length they used to be a few years back when I last came.

Must admit i sat in the stadium thinking it wasnt very good tbh... Maybe it was the drink?

Track seemed very slick and any dirt that was pushed out wide was soon brought back in and rolled like a billiard table again.... Still a great spectacle overall though.

• Like 1

So it's a picnic for you then. OK

If you actually read it correctly I said for many it's about the whole day/weekend, I'd imagine a few wouldn't even remember there was a meeting on the amount they drank.

Holder actually had 4 gate1's in 7 races, whereas some only had 1,

Kildemand went down in my estimation. In one instance, he twice going to ground so easily just to get the rerun. Seeing some of the angles he achieves when he rides he, more than most could have tried to recover instead of pulling a fast one.

Garrity 'Tee-Bone' on Lambert was ruthless in the extreme,

Chrissy Boy only had 2 gate 1s in the main meeting that's luck of the draw just as Magic had two gate 4s. S××t happens the other 2 gate 1s were down to Holder getting 1st pick due to being best up to each occasion on the night where the choice was available.

Re Kildemand laying it down to gain an advantage it's part and parcel of the sport and you no doubt think it's great when a KL rider does it.

Garrity didn't T bone Lambert he did knock him off if he had've T boned him they would've both gone down.

You need to take your rose tinted star shaped glasses off

• Like 1