British Speedway Forum

Went by rail this year so what was the Park and Ride situation? Wouldn't swap the last train back to Swindon, one of the best laughs I've had in ages..full of some pished up speedway fans and partygoers having a good time, including a huge Polish fan with ultra- long beard collapsing like a pack of cards through drinking too much :drink::party:

Anyone pay 38 quid for tickets from office and get 29 quid section tickets as they said they had run out? If we just went for the racing don't think we would bother, like having the craic with different fans, and watching The Magoos,great live combo from Worcester. They have to get the Gate bias sorted out, only Krackerjack came last from there, and would have put money on Woffy-Holder to win final. Brilliant ride from Iversen(and Killer).

No mention of GP at all in the Mail, plenty of F1 coverage, although did have 140000 at Silverstone as opposed to 40000 in the motor-cycle GP at Cardiff.

If it was just about the meeting, I simply wouldn't go! It's the best laugh from Friday to Sunday, love it :approve:

Some people suggest moving it to Wembley too .... :nono::lol:

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

There wasn't much to get you out your seat on Saturday night .

Similar to a night out at the Dump on a Friday then? :o

Similar to a night out at the Dump on a Friday then? :o

Who is that in your profile pic. Looks like Jason Crump?

Who is that in your profile pic. Looks like Jason Crump?

Yes Sue,It's JC taken at Prague GP 2012.

Who was riding the "new" Gerhard engine on Saturday.

I think I spotted Lambert, not sure if Chris Harris was on one

POSSIBLE explanation for gate 1 advantage at the Millennium ... as at Western Springs in 2013 the track was slightly higher on the outside than inside and moisture naturally gravitated to the inside providing more grip, which was critical on a track with short a such a short run from tapes to first corner.. Plus the fact that during races riders continually go over the outside gates rather than those on the inside, thus compacting them more.

Had three telephone calls this morning (none of which were primarily anything to with Cardiff) from Barry Briggs, Hans Nielsen and Kelvin Tatum and put that point to each of them and all more or less concurred.

I can understand your logic with what you say, and your conclusion would make perfect sense.

As a retired Project Manager, it was always my aim to eliminate problems. be them large or small. When something like this happens on a meeting of this scale, someone has to take the responsibility to fix it. Because all gates should be reasonably equal. it was paramount this problem be eradicated.

Yes, the track held up well and deserved all the praised it received. But surely the gate issue must have shown itself up when the pre-meeting practice took place. This is the part I can't understand. If what you say about the levels of the start area, then why not do the remedy work to bring all levels equal. If the out lanes are being compacted because of the riding line, then supply the start marshals with rakes. Issues need to be alleviated. Doing nothing is never acceptable......

Failing that, and thinking out of the box, then why not position the start line at a small angle ( Similar to Athletics), bring the inside say 5 or 6ft further back. It may not be ideal, but it would have been far better than doing nothing. At least it would have given everyone an even chance of getting to the semi's

Who knows, Cookie may have reached the semi's had the gates been fair. As if was, riders like Holder, Woffy, and Pedersen received a massive helping hand by having 2 rides from the inside gate. Probably had Cookie received the same privilege as them , he might have made it too......

Edited by GRW123

Who was riding the "new" Gerhard engine on Saturday.

I think I spotted Lambert, not sure if Chris Harris was on one

With the score that Chris got I doubt Gerhard would want it made too public if he was using their engine.

Was gate 1 so dominant in the test event ?

%Wins Points 1st 2nd 3rd

R 35% 35 7 6 2

B 25% 32 5 6 2

W 30% 35 6 5 7

Y 10% 18 2 3 6

Edited for formatting.

ATB

Dave

Edited by Gambo

%Wins Points 1st 2nd 3rd

R 35% 35 7 6 2

B 25% 32 5 6 2

W 30% 35 6 5 7

Y 10% 18 2 3 6

Edited for formatting.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave, never did advance maths at Uni- but Blue doesn`t seem to add up :lol:

Hi Dave, never did advance maths at Uni- but Blue doesn`t seem to add up :lol:

you are right, it doesn't. but that is all the information I have.

ATB

Dave

Yes, think blue should read

B 25% 32 5 6 5

Interesting set of figures, More acceptable then what happened in the GP

%Wins Points 1st 2nd 3rd

R 35% 35 7 6 2

B 25% 32 5 6 2

W 30% 35 6 5 7

Y 10% 18 2 3 6

Edited for formatting.

ATB

Dave

These organisations state lessons will be learnt, having seen the results of gate 4 it was obvious they were not.

With the score that Chris got I doubt Gerhard would want it made too public if he was using their engine.

CHRIS turned down the chance of using a GTR, even for practice

Back home this morning and that's it over for another year . We hype ourselves for this every year and nearly every year it never fails to disappoint .

Yes the whole day is brilliant , meeting friends old and new , the atmosphere of the occasion , the wonderful stadium and the way they present the whole thing and we had brilliant seats this year . But the racing was mediocre at best .

You were getting to the stage that you could fill "3" next to the rider in red , ok maybe not Harris , in your programme before the race even started .

And the poor bloke in yellow would have been better served nipping across the road to the Prince of Wales for a pint , than hauling his bike round for four laps in the hope of getting a point . Even the blessed Tai couldn't do nothing from gate 4 .

The relentless booing of poor Nikki obviously had something to do with what happened with Saint Greg the other week , but his exclusion was harsh as Kildemand went down very easily .

But it was really mundane fare , the only thing that kept me awake was having to get up every two minutes to allow two annoying Poles in and out of the row we were in .

But no doubt i'll be back next year as the whole day is brilliant , but here's hoping for a fairer track

Well said Paulco...but I think those brain dead morons booing Nicki just hate him anyway!!

Edited by Mauger_Magic
  • Like 1