British Speedway Forum
SCB

Robert Lambert - What A Talent

Like I said before it seems only right that as a teenager your dad/mum are looking after you,but as you near your 20s you become more independent.Personally don't think there is anything wrong at this stage,but Robert will probably get a professional mechanic and he will have his driving licence and want to make his own way.Not always for the best as some people here keep pointing out about Emil

Actually if you compare him to many his age if he were looking to go to University he will be 18 next birthday and Students have to grow up quick and learn to cope without their Mothers nannying them along as did both of mine - got no problem with his Dad mechaniching for him for now ( but Mum and girlfriend in the pits is a Big No no) and rumour has it Ollie Allen is to be his Manager from next season so that's a start. Parents should be supportive but encourage their offspring to be mature independent adults asap in my opinion - that was my method and both of mine, now qualified, work for International Law firms in London so it worked for me.

Interestingly I have not read a post regarding Darcy and his Father - actually probably that's for the best! Lol!

Interestingly I have not read a post regarding Darcy and his Father - actually probably that's for the best! Lol!

actually,,, it would probably be quite interesting to some,,,

and as you said earlier, Robert will be 18 soon,,, he might decide that he might like a beer when he's old enough,,, or have a go on the lottery, have a bet in the 'National', or he might even decide to vote, lol :)

Edited by ruffdiamond

Actually if you compare him to many his age if he were looking to go to University he will be 18 next birthday and Students have to grow up quick and learn to cope without their Mothers nannying them along as did both of mine - got no problem with his Dad mechaniching for him for now ( but Mum and girlfriend in the pits is a Big No no) and rumour has it Ollie Allen is to be his Manager from next season so that's a start. Parents should be supportive but encourage their offspring to be mature independent adults asap in my opinion - that was my method and both of mine, now qualified, work for International Law firms in London so it worked for me.

Exactly....like you said "next birthday".That is next year and as you say he is getting a manager.Seems all quite normal to me.Just growing up and slowly getting his independence.He even goes abroad on his own sometimes,like 17 year olds.His girlfriends is also from a german speedway family I think and right or wrong(I don't particularly agree with the practice)but in Germany the pits are often crawling with friends and family,so it is something he has picked up along the way.Might seem strange in GB though for sure

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

My son is 17 , nearly 18 and at college with 12 months to go and then will be off to uni .....he's a really mature lad but it makes me realise just how young Robert Lambert really is....he really needs to be given some slack ...I cringe when I think back to myself at 17.....my son plays youth team football at a top non league club and I've watched those 17 year olds every week which again reinforces just how young Lambert is...he's doing fine and should be fine, although if he really does have his mum and girlfriend in the pits with him then that's a no no ....no problem with a dad as a mechanic though...or a mum if she's good at it !.....but it's definitely not a family outing in the pits.

• Like 1

Surely what makes Robert at ease is all that matters. Couldnt give a monkeys if he has his entire family and a brass band if he performs.

Surely what makes Robert at ease is all that matters. Couldnt give a monkeys if he has his entire family and a brass band if he performs.

Only not in the Pits. :o;)

To a degree you are probably right, and it wouldn't be the first wife or girlfriend to be a regular in the pits....and I can remember a couple of American ones being a massive distraction to everybody !....and one constantly gave her husband a real hard time......but it's not recommended in my book.........I can remember Rob Woffinden having Tai regularly in the pits in Australia when he was about 6 but he was actually helping and I think he's used that early knowledge to good effect !!......normally though I can't see why a rider would want a girlfriend, wife or mother in the pits when riding, although as you say it's each to his own I suppose.

Total bull British speedway didn't make him he had to race in Germany as the BSPA wouldn't let him race here and as for Cardiff his wild card was down to BSI and if the BSPA had there way they wouldn't have had him there

THAT'S TOTAL BULL lambert wants to be ahead of his times he raced in Germany because there is not much racing here for 15 year olds.HE wouldn't go in the fastrack ? Because the money is a lot different he would of been a better rider to.You can't keep bouncing off the air bags trying to hard to beat heat leaders.ps he is a very good speedway rider and good to watch

actually,,, it would probably be quite interesting to some,,,

and as you said earlier, Robert will be 18 soon,,, he might decide that he might like a beer when he's old enough,,, or have a go on the lottery, have a bet in the 'National', or he might even decide to vote, lol :)

I hope not, he could get into politics and end up falling in with the wrong crowd

:wink::o

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1