British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cyclone

Edinburgh Vs Glasgow, Friday, 12th June 2015

I was there the last time Glasgow beat us at home and then they went on to win the league, hope the weegie barstwerards don't do It again

Ps I'm in Benidorm and don't give a flying duck at the moment, that will change though, ( god it hurts) honest opinion

Edited by ekimba
  • Like 2

Well done Tiggers you deserved that sharp from the tapes all night, fought back when behind, and team line up and changes expertly handled by team manager. The long suffering fans will crow and justly so.

Morris was not missed as the lesser Worral rode supremely, reserves dovetailed well Pavlova good to start Sarjeant excellent at the end. Spud reliable as always but who was that guesting in the number 2 jacket? Guess its time Dickie racked up a score and he certainly seemed to enjoy the slicker track.

No excuses from our boys, Erik coming along nicely, but this match was all about Glasgow.

Enjoy the victory and I expect more of same on Sunday.

Should certainly spice up the coming cup clashes too....we need to flood the track me thinks and make it heavier or we might be beaten again.

From Embra. fans there tonight congrats and enjoy the beer humble pie this end

• Like 4

Well what can I say except Well done Tiggers - thoroughly deserved win - a humping in fact.

I'm not travelling 400 miles to watch that again!

Outgated & outfought.

Oh well.

• Like 1

Well done Tiggers you deserved that sharp from the tapes all night, fought back when behind, and team line up and changes expertly handled by team manager. The long suffering fans will crow and justly so.

Morris was not missed as the lesser Worral rode supremely, reserves dovetailed well Pavlova good to start Sarjeant excellent at the end. Spud reliable as always but who was that guesting in the number 2 jacket? Guess its time Dickie racked up a score and he certainly seemed to enjoy the slicker track.

No excuses from our boys, Erik coming along nicely, but this match was all about Glasgow.

Enjoy the victory and I expect more of same on Sunday.

Should certainly spice up the coming cup clashes too....we need to flood the track me thinks and make it heavier or we might be beaten again.

From Embra. fans there tonight congrats and enjoy the beer humble pie this end

Very magnanimous. :t:

Ooffftt!

How the Tiggers fortunes have turned round, and all the better for speedway.

That's a great result at probably the most difficult place to get an away win in British speedway.

• Like 2

It's just a cunning marketing ploy by the Promotion to get more AWAY supporters to turn up at the Dale,but well done to the Tigers.

• Like 1

Well done Tigs, you thoroughly deserved your six point win tonight and gave the Monarchs a salutary lesson in gating tonight.

On the evidence of this performance I can envisage all the silverware staying in Scotland, albeit 40 miles West of Edinburgh.

Nice atmosphere at the end, visiting Tigers fans cheering and Monarchs fans applauding the Stripes on their victory parade at the end :approve:

• Like 2

Trick track.....what trick track? With the exception of Berge (who seems to have a mental block about the place) none of the Glasgow riders seemed to be having any problems at all getting round the Armadale circuit tonight! Great crowd and atmosphere, and a close match fluctuating one way then the other (then back again) made this the best match of the season. The racing could've been better (track was a bit slick and dry) but the drama and excitement was high.

Glasgow were obviously up for it from the start and rode with great determination. Richie W was a good guest and scored around the same as Morris would have - perhaps slightly less. Spud, Berge & Palovaara scored as expected and R/R picked up what you would have expected Kozza to score. Glasgow's win came from best ever Armadale performances from Richard Lawson & James Sarjeant. Sarjeant improving with every ride culminating in a heat 14 5-1 along with Lawson to pretty much secure the victory. Lawson then completed the job with a fine heat 15 win and you could see his obvious delight on the victory parade.

For Edinburgh Cookie was top man, but even he coughed up a 1-5 in heat 11. Erik Riss continues to improve and had a fine heat 8 win (which he had to do twice) over Lawson. Sam, Kev & Sedgy were slightly below par and Rob and Max had nights to forget. I think Cookie needs to get his luminous yellow wheels and the no. 1 race jacket back for Edinburgh to feel more like they did last year - although they're definitely not as strong.

Well done to Glasgow - the best team won. And I'm feeling slightly apprehensive about Sunday...

• Like 3

My sad thoughts tonight :(

It was hard work doing the updates tonight, upsetting ML nearly every race. To criticise the Monarchs would take away from a great Man City Tigers performance, we are weak in three positions and very strong in four - tonight we didn't cmpensate for our weaknesses.

Glad to see Paulco in the bar to say well done, he may just be having a shandy or two now! For Monarchs, the need to improve displayed last week v Ippo was highlighted tonight, on a dry gaters track, w have to gate.

Too soon for any panic measures, just arrange any future derbies when Coventry are riding!

We scraped by last week v Ippo but were outgated tonight, sick to be second but after all their problems in the last three years, you can't deny your neighbours their victory.

• Like 2

Strange line up from the tiggers. Worrall for Morris isn't as strong but R/R for Smith cancels that out. Makes no difference though as we will come out on top as usual.

Home win by 12.

That's made my bloody night , well done tigers , Mr Blobby will be going through himself after that result. After our spanking at scunny it certainly put a smile back on my face. Would love to have seen his face.......priceless

Enjoy tigger fans

• Like 2

Amazing win last night well done lads. Same again sunday. #weeteamwon. Love it.

That should cure some smugness for a while.

Someone call round Blobbys house and make sure they are ok, hasnt been seen since 10pm last night counting the few chickens available and with a face covered in egg :)