British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

I must have missed something?

You wouldn't have if you were on Facebook. :wink:

• Like 1

Greg should be thankful there were folk there quickly to pull nicki off him.

What most have missed is his flying clothesline ended up with him on his back prone and nicki on top of him where he could have let loose. Fortunately tough guy Greg was saved by people dragging nicki off him.

As for the incident, the more I see it, the more I think Greg laid it down. Certainly not a blatant wipeout. Kind of incident seen many times before.

He should be banned from the sport, never to return. Nicki Pedersen that is. Greg on the other hand should be given a medal and some sort of golden frame to acknowledge his long overdue contribution to the sport.

The point is the roles aren't reversed. Greg Hancock is one of the friendliest and most considerate riders in the whole world.

You're right, they aren't reversed. Nicki has taken as much as he has given over the years and not resorted to that. Hancock is an amusing thug.

• Like 4

You're kidding right?! Are you watching the same video the rest of us are? I've never read so much rubbish in all my life. He took Greg clean off his bike. There was nothing he could have done to stay on a bike.

I'm just grateful Greg was able to take him down in glorious style rather than going off to meet Lee Richardson instead. :mad: The sooner that rider is banned or breaks his own neck, before he breaks somebody elses, the better.

Another thread you're going to troll on talking nonsense again.

Greg was in full control of his slide off, hence jumping straight to his feet. When you're wiped out, you have no control.

As for taking someone down in glorious style, it's not glorious when YOU end up flat on your back with the other guy on top of you. Very amusing yes, but that was all. Nothing at all like Boyce's punch on Gollob.

Finally, wishing a rider to break their neck is nothing short of despicable. You are no speedway fan.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 8

Take your exaggerated utter bull elsewhere along with your wishes that a rider breaks his neck.

• Like 5

Maybe Greg's Mr nice guy image has been an act all along, and he's really a violent cage fighter wearing a silly grinning mask.. ;)

• Like 1

Maybe Greg's Mr nice guy image has been an act all along, and he's really a violent cage fighter wearing a silly grinning mask.. ;)

Lol, nah a cage fighter wouldn't end up flat on his back when he was the aggressor.

I have the utmost respect for every rider and understand itis a tough sport.

You only care if they've ridden for poole.

I have never ever wished a rider to be hurt, no matter how much I dislike them so don't ever say I have no respect for riders.

YOU have declared a wish for a rider to break his neck. I have no wish to discuss this further with you.

• Like 3

The move wasn't even a patch on what Sundstrom did twice last week and until refs punish riders for dangerous riding whether somebody ends up on the floor or not it will continue and very likely get worse.

I thought NP left no room and was fully at fault, he does pull this type of move too often but he's the type of rider that brings in a crowd. My guess would be that he's not putting people on the floor deliberately but he puts himself into position with no regard as to how it will affect the other riders. The real shock was seeing him at a training school helping kids where he was a thoroughly nice bloke for whom nothing was too much trouble.

Greg Hancock!!!! That is right at the top of my list of things I never thought I would see but what the hell it was exciting, nobody got hurt and it will be talked about for far longer than any other race this year. I'm a firm believer that Speedway needs some more of this sort of stuff, look back at posts about memorable Speedway events and there are usually far more about such incidents than about great races. Speedway is a hard and aggressive sport and it shouldn't be a surprise that riders have a tear up now and again and I think all that aggression is far more likely to attract people to the sport than the family image. Sell it rather than stop it would be my suggestion.

The only stipulation I would make is that riders lashing out at other riders is only lightly, if at all, punished. However anybody else, mechanic, father, pit crew whoever who hits a rider is banned from the pits/ trackside for life. Far too many people running into little scuffles and heroically throwing punches at the back of heads and that is when somebody will get hurt. If somebody is big enough to ride Speedway they are big enough to fight their own battles.

• Like 9

There is no doubt in my mind that one of the weapons in Nicki's arsenal, along with his hard riding, is that he gets in the other riders heads and messes with them over time. Sometimes this is going to backfire on him and this is one of the occasions. It shows that even the most professional of riders will crack, I'm sure Greg will and does regret what happened as it shows for everyone including Nicki just how much he is mentally thrown off by Nicki. I can't remember a time when a world class rider has been held in disrespect by so many of his peers than the last 5 to 10 years or so with Nicki.

Nicki seems to be able to mostly handle his rivals opinion of him and use it to his advantage.

Certainly keeps us entertained!

• Like 2

violence solves nothing sid!!

Greg had hit you like that you'd still be asleep sid :)

Violence does not solve anything you are right "Arson, the problem is that Pedersen has been aloud to get away with it for years.And at times he has been shown up, as some riders have stuck up to him Costa at Chelsea is the same.As for my chin it has held up quite well over the years, i hope yours is not like Amir Khans?!!, Arson.The annoying thing is Pedersen is such a terrific rider he does not need to do it his ability would be anough anyway.

Another thread you're going to troll on talking nonsense again.

Greg was in full control of his slide off, hence jumping straight to his feet. When you're wiped out, you have no control.

As for taking someone down in glorious style, it's not glorious when YOU end up flat on your back with the other guy on top of you. Very amusing yes, but that was all. Nothing at all like Boyce's punch on Gollob.

Finally, wishing a rider to break their neck is nothing short of despicable. You are no speedway fan.

After watching the incident i was thinking how last week a young Lambert made a similar sort of move on Greg.But how he put himself in the right position and made his manoeuvre FAIRLY shows you what ability Lambert has. Edited by sidney

Well having watched several different angles on video I can honestly say that Nicki P was entirely to blame for the incident and where by I do not condone riders fighting I have to say that I would never have expected that from Greg...............he has been fined and I gather other riders are offering to pay it because he did the one thing that many of them who have been taken out by Pedersen really wanted to do............I know Holder and THJ have had a go at him before................

Pedersen is a liability on a bike at times..................he has been warned enough times about his riding.............he got warned again last night..........apparently in Sweden two warnings in a season about dangerous riding can result in a ban.................

RP

Handbags and rough and tumble great for speedway and no one got hurt that's the main thing I am looking forward to the British GP and they both probably got a bonus from the promotion last night. :D

• Like 1