British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robert72

Leicester V Swindon Mon 29th June Sky Match

Bad result for the robins, but what a crap track. Could not watch meetings there each week.

The question now is will we see Jason or Hans on Thursday against Wolves in place of AM.

• Like 2

Christ alive, glad I didn't have to watch that in real time. Not sure what was worse, Swindon's performance or the track. Both total toilet.

If Zengi is the one to make way for Ward, it'll be absolutely criminal.

• Like 9

Nothing against Kyle but think he is overrated ,been around a while don't think there is much improvement left in him.

still only 21 yrs old.we lurvve him at worky.

best part of the sky meet tonight was when the 3 muppets came on the gantry at the end. pearson, mr spud head and the stuffed lions head creeping over the rail. hard to tell who was real and who wasn't ... .larfedd me ead orf..

• Like 2

Thanks to the Lions management for reducing prices this evening. An inspired decision. It was my first visit to Leicester and I look forward to visiting again soon. It was a great team performance led my the magnificent Doyle but with all riders contributing. The Lamberts' thankfully appeared far more committed and started far better than they had for Peterborough the day before. Well done the Lions! If you can keep that team together with talented and productive quests like Carl Wilkinson I think you will soon be storming up the league and no one will relish competing against you.

• Like 1

......grachan.....It's really odd just how hard it seems to be to pass at Leicester!

Not odd really but best not to say anything about the track as some of the fans get a bit uptight. What I want to know is was there a sun break? If not why not because there is every other time the sun shines and it was certainly shining brightly today.

• Like 1

Not odd really but best not to say anything about the track as some of the fans get a bit uptight. What I want to know is was there a sun break? If not why not because there is every other time the sun shines and it was certainly shining brightly today.

No sun break as there was enough cloud cover.

Also there was a dog on the back straight 😀

• Like 2

Best part of the meeting was the lion behind Nigel and Kelvin at the end of the meeting.

I have to agree. They had Belle V Poole or Wolves V Coventry and yet sky covered this meeting. Not sure who decides.

Next weeks Monday meeting is Belle Vue V Lakeside. Can see that being very one sided.

DH says his track is the best in the country

So many fans must be pleased that sky only go there once a year.

Great win for the lions

Best track in the county maybe. Could be so much better but DH has caught the speedway promoter's disease. 'I'm right and everybody else is wrong'.

• Like 1

Bad result for the robins, but what a crap track. Could not watch meetings there each week.

The question now is will we see Jason or Hans on Thursday against Wolves in place of AM.

Hans is looking at his flights to see if he can take the booking

• Like 2

When there last month to watch the Stars impressive win, there were many passing's. I was amazed of how good the wet track was, and offered overtaking both inside and out. When the weather is hot, it's always more difficult to have a good racing circuit....... Last night's track was disappointing though.....

• Like 1

DH says his track is the best in the country

So many fans must be pleased that sky only go there once a year.

Great win for the lions

Well I have only been once and that was enough, I dont need to mention the racing because everyone saw what it was like live on Sky.

I think once a year on sky is too much, Wolves v Coventry was the match to be at, the sky scheduling this year is awful.

• Like 2

Well I have only been once and that was enough, I dont need to mention the racing because everyone saw what it was like live on Sky.

I think once a year on sky is too much, Wolves v Coventry was the match to be at, the sky scheduling this year is awful.

They appear to make their minds up too early without taking into account the current situation. That being said it doesn't need the Brain of Britain to work out Wolves v Coventry is going to be box office, one way or the other. Has there been an away win on Sky this season?

When there last month to watch the Stars impressive win, there were many passing's. I was amazed of how good the wet track was, and offered overtaking both inside and out. When the weather is hot, it's always more difficult to have a good racing circuit....... Last night's track was disappointing though.....

When a match is on Sky the local track guys have to prepare it the way Ronnie Russell dictates. Blame him if the racing was not good enough. Recent matches at Leicester have been ok. Why don't they leave it to the experts.

• Like 2

When a match is on Sky the local track guys have to prepare it the way Ronnie Russell dictates. Blame him if the racing was not good enough. Recent matches at Leicester have been ok. Why don't they leave it to the experts.

Is this a fact or something you think happens?.

If it's fact, do you know the reason behind it?