British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Sheffield Lc Semi 1st Leg 30 June 2015

how on earth do you get a new track record and then 3 riders withdrawn due to falls. way too many fallers for this meeting to carry on. its past heat 10, so lets call it a day. where is gary havelock when you need him?.. .meeting should be cut short before any more riders get injured.

and there goes another 100 or so off next weeks attendance.

10 pm curfew @ glasgow ?

can sheffield play their trump card and drag the meeting up to the curfew and gain 1 or 2 heats extra at home ?

Shut up.

Maybe we should the Christina Turnbull rule book on locking up. Garrity---lock up followed by Master Bates---lock up followed by Dimtre---shut off----race continues. :mad:

Hope all the injured riders are not too badly hurt , it did seem that the third bend especially caused most of the havoc . Track was fine to start with as Morris broke the track record , but it seemed to go downhill from the first grading after heat 4 . Morris tried to team ride Sarjeant and got too close to him on that bend and came down , so cant really put that down to the track unless Nick picked up too much grip .

Birks just entered bend 1 with too much speed after passing Sarjeant on the home straight and went too wide into the fence . As for Garrity , he entered the third bend too narrow in passing Lawson , Lawson then cut back and retook him and Garrity went down on his own but his flying bike caught Bellego . As for Garrity's fall later in a race he was leading , a lot of smoke appeared from the back of his bike when he fell and possibly that was mechanical .

The other falls were simple slide offs .

Lawson and Summers had no issues with the track and were superb , while both Sheffield reserves were very impressive and have kept their club in this tie . 14 points is a defendable lead , but this tie will go to the wire in the second leg I think .

Ashfield the new Brough park

If there was more dirt on the track surely it is the riders job to "ride to the conditions". It certainly wasn't the worst prepared I have ever seen the place!

It was the same for both sets of riders. Some adapted some didn't!

Just been reading all the keyboard warriors posts now i will give you a ringside view off the incidents.[1] Sissis and Sarjeants falls bends 1/2 just slid off ran out off racing room [2] Bates bend 2 just fell to much speed [3] Compton trying a big blast round bends 3/4 fell [4] Morris rider error dont know what he was trying Sarjeant riding outside him on a easy 5-1 [5] saved the best to last GARRITY bend 3 flies inside Lawson only one result down he goes how Lawson managed to avoid him but poor Bellego cant Bellego gets up not even a glance to see how Garrity is, his second fall must have fallen asleep on last bend as he so far in front [6]sorry forgot about Birks rider error to much speed going into bend 1 after overtake in home sraight. Grajczonek tweet are you going to say track great but i was rubbish seemed to cope with track in his first 4 rides in his ride 5 got caught behind guess who so decided to make the decission to retire from the race.Just my opinion from somebody who was there.

Edited by MANSE

Garrity being a plonker again.

Might as well repeat myself.

If there was more dirt on the track surely it is the riders job to "ride to the conditions". It certainly wasn't the worst prepared I have ever seen the place!

It was the same for both sets of riders. Some adapted some didn't!

Every faller after the second bend bar Morris was a Sheffield rider. Its more likely they came up with the expectation they were going to do a job, it didn't happen and reasons have to be found. The track wasn't the greatest last night, we all recognise that, yet despite all I have read on this thread there was never any request from the Sheffield Team Manager for a track inspection.

The reason for Sheffields defeat is their No4 who had he scored the points he threw away Glasgow would have been in trouble. He is oblivious as to how dangerous he is.

Best wishes to Ashley Birks.

• Like 1

My take on things as something who was there. The Sheffield team were really up for it resulting in over riding from some. Bates bike must have a homing device as it clearly takes him round the track rather than him being in control. Berge was blocked/took avoiding action at least 3 times last night otherwise there could have been more accidents, he waved to the ref but the race continued every time. wonder what ref would have done if Berge had slid off?

Hope they try more evening meetings, tonight we had new track record, lots of incidents/controversy, totally unpredictable results, beautiful weather, good crowd, brilliant burger and chips and a tie nicely balanced for the second leg -worth £15 of anybodys money.

Hope Nick, Ashley, David are OK - didn't hear anything other than they were withdrawn.

• Like 1

My take on things as something who was there. The Sheffield team were really up for it resulting in over riding from some. Bates bike must have a homing device as it clearly takes him round the track rather than him being in control. Berge was blocked/took avoiding action at least 3 times last night otherwise there could have been more accidents, he waved to the ref but the race continued every time. wonder what ref would have done if Berge had slid off?

Hope they try more evening meetings, tonight we had new track record, lots of incidents/controversy, totally unpredictable results, beautiful weather, good crowd, brilliant burger and chips and a tie nicely balanced for the second leg -worth £15 of anybodys money.

Hope Nick, Ashley, David are OK - didn't hear anything other than they were withdrawn.

Re Injuries: not heard anything about Nick but Tigers website says David was dizzy and sore after his crash but should be ok for our next meeting and unfortunately Ash has dislocated shoulder and suspected broken collarbone so he will be on the sidelines for a while :( Edited by Tigerite

Would be more interesting to see what the ref would if Dimitri had ploughed into Bates. ;):cheers:

Putting aside the track debates and who knows what and who is to blame.

We bring Glasgow back to Sheffield a fortnight tomorrow.

Personally I think 14 points might be a bit too much for us to make up, but I remember another Scottish team coming for a Semi Final defending a much bigger lead and we turned them over.

So you never know.

Have I missed something need to stop going on holiday for midweek meetings good result from the boy's best wishes to the injured riders.

so we have 2 up and coming british riders in bates and garrity and people want to knock their willingness to race, not just ride but actually race, then these are the people that actually praise and rave about the inclusion of a 3 point swede at the start of the season, which if the powers that be had any hankering to the future of british speedway would not have allowed to fill up a team space along with the likes of konopka and barrett.

lets give british speedway back to the brits and lets get behind our british lads when they take to the track.

• Like 5

so we have 2 up and coming british riders in bates and garrity and people want to knock their willingness to race, not just ride but actually race, then these are the people that actually praise and rave about the inclusion of a 3 point swede at the start of the season, which if the powers that be had any hankering to the future of british speedway would not have allowed to fill up a team space along with the likes of konopka and barrett.

lets give british speedway back to the brits and lets get behind our british lads when they take to the track.

Well said Romans Lovechild. Sounds like some folk want processional races and not proper racing.

Dont see anyone going overboard about Palovarra.Only reached the world under 21 final and the European under 21 final oh dear ive gone and praised him.On to proper racing and dangerous racing Garrity second ride was dangerous racing and Bates he must have superglue on his backside the amount off times he nearly fell

• Like 1