British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Sheffield Lc Semi 1st Leg 30 June 2015

Garrity being a plonker again.

Sounds more like whoever has preped the track is a plonker tonight! Heat 7 and 3 riders withdrawn by the looks of it!

Updates says there seems to be too much dirt on the track and the riders are struggling to handle it. bend 3 causing problems.

Falls for Birks, Compton, Morris, Sissis, Garrity and Bellego.

Ashley Birks and Nick Morris have both withdrawn with injury.

and there lies a lesson for all fans that call for more dirt when they dont understand fully how track prep goes

i dont claim to be a expert far from it but ive wtnessed it before people calling for more dirt when the riders had too much to start with

• Like 1

Garrity being a plonker again.

Haha, unless he's causing it with mind control as he's not even on the track for most of the falls.

This meeting is in need of a track inspection before a 4th rider gets injured

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

and there lies a lesson for all fans that call for more dirt when they dont understand fully how track prep goes

i dont claim to be a expert far from it but ive wtnessed it before people calling for more dirt when the riders had too much to start with

Exactly. I firmly believe slicker, with a small amount of dirt on the outside is the way to go. Dirt on a track lead to riders ending up everywhere, mainly the fence and on the floor!

how on earth do you get a new track record and then 3 riders withdrawn due to falls. way too many fallers for this meeting to carry on. its past heat 10, so lets call it a day. where is gary havelock when you need him?.. .meeting should be cut short before any more riders get injured.

and there goes another 100 or so off next weeks attendance.

10 pm curfew @ glasgow ?

can sheffield play their trump card and drag the meeting up to the curfew and gain 1 or 2 heats extra at home ?

Edited by jenga

Most of the fallers are in Sheffo's team.

The throttle goes both ways.

Bates and Scrabbleman seem to be managing fine for Sheffo.

i would try looking at the updates.

Nick Morris wins heat 1 with a new track record.

Nick Morris crashes in heat 6 and withdraws from the meeting.

• Like 2

• Like 1

should not be a problem for Sheffield in the return leg.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to all involved in falls/crashes tonight.

I see that Ash Birks has a suspected broken collar bone & dislocated shoulder.

Hope it's not as bad as that.

Hope all the injured riders are not too badly hurt , it did seem that the third bend especially caused most of the havoc . Track was fine to start with as Morris broke the track record , but it seemed to go downhill from the first grading after heat 4 . Morris tried to team ride Sarjeant and got too close to him on that bend and came down , so cant really put that down to the track unless Nick picked up too much grip .

Birks just entered bend 1 with too much speed after passing Sarjeant on the home straight and went too wide into the fence . As for Garrity , he entered the third bend too narrow in passing Lawson , Lawson then cut back and retook him and Garrity went down on his own but his flying bike caught Bellego . As for Garrity's fall later in a race he was leading , a lot of smoke appeared from the back of his bike when he fell and possibly that was mechanical .

The other falls were simple slide offs .

Lawson and Summers had no issues with the track and were superb , while both Sheffield reserves were very impressive and have kept their club in this tie . 14 points is a defendable lead , but this tie will go to the wire in the second leg I think .

• Like 1

I have never seen anything like that before, birks in the ambulance, nick in the treatment room and compton in the airfence. There was no track inspection, just spud directing tractors. Was it too much dirt, i think theres more too it. When garrity fell whilst well ahead an air of resignation and farce set in. In one race josh bates took racing lines never too be seen again with paalovaara watching on from a safe distance which tonight was the length of a back straight.. dvd of this is not for the faint hearted.

I have never seen anything like that before, birks in the ambulance, nick in the treatment room and compton in the airfence. There was no track inspection, just spud directing tractors. Was it too much dirt, i think theres more too it. When garrity fell whilst well ahead an air of resignation and farce set in. In one race josh bates took racing lines never too be seen again with paalovaara watching on from a safe distance which tonight was the length of a back straight.. dvd of this is not for the faint hearted.

How Bates never came down in any of his races was a miracle , he seemed to be fighting the bike all night , but he was great to watch