British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Peterborough (on Sky) Wed, July 8th

I don't have sky so I cannot watch it back.

From where I was standing Thomas was going straight and Robert's right hand hit Thomas's left arm (initial contact on the straight).

Thomas then took his line into the corner (if Robert was alongside Thomas he could dictate the corner).

Robert then hit Thomas's back wheel and released the bike when it reared.

Not sure why anyone can blame Thomas for the incident myself (none of the fans on the first bend beside me were blaming Thomas either). :drink:

It is natural for Berwick fans to side in favour of their rider and for Peterborough's to favour theirs but I am neither.

You've put far more eloquently than I ever could, what a I really like about the speedway at Berwick: and may others.

When you look at the crowd on Wednesday and then realise there are only about 15 of us post on here, it really shows how unrepresentative this little online place is.

When you see riders going round the 3rd/4th bends inches apart, at high speed, it is exhilarating.

Same reason that Sheffield is on of my favourite tracks.

I also like Redcar when it is well prepared. I think it is a cracking wee track, on its day.

Ipswich, another different track, but also enjoyable speedway when I've been.

Glasgow a good mid-sized track, but with very good racing.

All tracks have their plus points: although, I am being completely honest here, I'm struggling with Armadale.

Another good post Topsoil. Very well reasoned, and balanced. Watch you don't get the Not Having a Go At The Bandits Police on to you!

That's your best one yet!

There used to be Colemanballs, we should have Scremballs on here.

Erm, the Promoters are lifelong supporters, so do you suggest they give up one of those "roles".

Also, the many supporters who help promote, should they give one of their "roles".

You'd have Berwick Speedway gone in a flash.

And I think you would be happy.

His bike has 3 bloody wheels!

This one has, but for 30 plus years they all had 2 wheels

If you say so and yes I have ridden a motorbike he was in front but this was because he was leaning heavily on Lambert you look at your way I will look at it mine.

If your leaning over in your car you want to buy a better one that has stability control stops me doing that .

The car doesn't lean over I do, 40 plus years of riding bikes, it just happens.

What a stupid statement.

Its what happens when you have gone through an indoctrination programme, probably a member of the Scientology group aswell :D:D

I don't have sky so I cannot watch it back.

From where I was standing Thomas was going straight and Robert's right hand hit Thomas's left arm (initial contact on the straight).

Thomas then took his line into the corner (if Robert was alongside Thomas he could dictate the corner).

Robert then hit Thomas's back wheel and released the bike when it reared.

Not sure why anyone can blame Thomas for the incident myself (none of the fans on the first bend beside me were blaming Thomas either). :drink:

Thats why the less biased are seeing it at no more than it was, an unfortunate racing incident.

It is natural for Berwick fans to side in favour of their rider and for Peterborough's to favour theirs but I am neither.

Fair enough but if Jorgensen was to blame I would say so, but I think it was a racing incident no more no less.

The most important thing is that Lambert seems to have no lasting injuries.

Perhaps if that is the best THEY can come up with, we should be greatfull they are silent.

Yes, they would break the wee virtual bubble, I guess.

It is important that we protect minorities in our society, so I think you are correct.

Best they continue to stay in the real world!

same here - infact im sure most Boro fans would say i dont like them very much!!

And TJ is a rider Id be very happy to see as a Witch in the future.

Still saw it as a poor left turn move this time and personally felt he could/should have been excluded.

All 4 wasnt the worst decision in the world though and probably 9/10 times would go that way.

agree with Barrow Boy - thought TJs move was dangerous. It OK wanting to be on the same bit of track but when another rider is already there its not allowed!!

To Fromafar - I dont thibk Lambert chose to go to the grass he was forced there by the move from TJ.

I don't think it was. He just went for the white line to stop the rider inside him. Mick Poole used to do that week in and week out for Panthers, as Andersen did here at 2.16? There's a bit more room at the EoES but you get the idea. If the bloke inside keeps the throttle on to try to barge through (it can work at the EoES, as I watched Lambert do in our last home meeting) then that's the gamble, this time he got it wrong: that's racing!

• Like 1

I don't think it was. He just went for the white line to stop the rider inside him. Mick Poole used to do that week in and week out for Panthers, as Andersen did

There's a bit more room at the EoES but you get the idea. If the bloke inside keeps the throttle on to try to barge through (it can work at the EoES, as I watched Lambert do in our last home meeting) then that's the gamble, this time he got it wrong: that's racing!
Any Berwick regular will agree you certainly can't force your way through on the inside at the 1st bend if you stay on the other riders end up in a heap as has happened on numerous occasions over the years.Just a racing incident IMO .Also the Refs opinion.

Truly deluded! how can you blame Jorgensen for that? racing incident as they say.

Becauae Jorgensen, in front, lost control and slammed into Lambert.

Lost control ????? Are you for real ???
  • Like 5

Who are you? Stevie wonder?

• Like 4