British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Leslie

Team Changes At Buxton And Cradley?

On Adam Extance's facebook he say's he's been released by Buxton and has been forced to find another club. He's posted a photo of himself in a Cradley race jacket.

This poses the questions:-

Who have Buxton signed to allow them to kick Extance out?

Who are Cradley kicking out if they're going to accommodate him?

A replacement for Mike Neale no doubt straight in at reserve should bag some points. Although a track like Birmingham wont suit Extance very well as a gater he may find he doesn't perform in the larger heats.

3. Adam Extance - 2 , 0 , 1 , 3 = 6

Heat 03: Wajtknecht, Extance, Banks, Blacklock 4-2 12-6 Time: 63.16
Line Up: R/R - Wajtknecht, Banks, Extance, Blacklock
Comments: Wajtknecht is for rider replacement.
Wajtknecht tried to make a decent start, but Blacklock takes the lead, Wajtknecht takes 2nd, Extance 3rd and Banks 4th. Wajtknecht is pushing hard for the lead and takes it into lap 3, Extance 2nd, Banks 3rd, Blacklock falls and rejoins the race at the back.

Heat 07: Wajtknecht, Blacklock, Perry, Extance 4-2 25-17 Time: 63.25
Line Up: Perry, Wajtknecht, Extance, Blacklock
Comments: Wajtknecht takes the lead, Blacklock 2nd, Perry 3rd and Extance 4th. Perry pushes hard but Blacklock just holds on to 2nd.

Heat 10: Race Awarded: Ellis, Wajtknecht, Extance, Blacklock - Fell / Excluded 5-1 35-25
Line Up: Ellis, Wajtknecht Kirby, Extance, Blacklock
Comments: Wajtknecht replaces Kirby.
Good start made by Ellis and takes the lead, Wajtknecht 2nd, Blacklock 3rd and Extance 4th. Ellis is pushing out far in the lead. Blacklock falls at the end of lap 3 from 3rd. Race Awarded. Blacklock gets back up and walks back to the pits.

Heat 12: Extance, Holt, Parker, Wilson 1-5 39-35 Time: 60.75
Line Up: R/R - Parker, Wilson, Extance, Holt
Comments: Parker is for rider replacement.
Extance takes the lead, Holt 2nd, Wilson 3rd and Parker 4th. Wilson lost power on the backstraight of lap 1 which allows Parker to take 3rd

From those comments he was gifted 2 points and actually he only beat reserve riders.

On Adam Extance's facebook he say's he's been released by Buxton and has been forced to find another club. He's posted a photo of himself in a Cradley race jacket.

This poses the questions:-

Who have Buxton signed to allow them to kick Extance out?

Who are Cradley kicking out if they're going to accommodate him?

Could he be replacing Nathan Grieves at Cradley?

Nathan is on a 7+ so I would have thought that it was Mikey. May be wrong but putting Adam in and with the GS for July it would actually give us a bit of a boost! Depends how long the signing is for.......July?...............August???????????? Discus................

Edited by berniev123

All seems slightly strange? Was Adam released from Buxton based on performances or did he ask to leave? Had Cradley sounded him out first or was it just a very swift move? If it is an official move?

Would be odd if he chose to leave as im certain as soon as Neale is fit he will be back in and Extance will have burnt his Buxton bridges.

All seems slightly strange? Was Adam released from Buxton based on performances or did he ask to leave? Had Cradley sounded him out first or was it just a very swift move? If it is an official move?

Would be odd if he chose to leave as im certain as soon as Neale is fit he will be back in and Extance will have burnt his Buxton bridges.

If it`s true why no statement from Buxton management come on Jayne give us a clue

Extance leaving is true and he was dropped, he didn't quit.

Edited by Islander15

Some of us have been led to understand that Adam is suffering from an injury rendering him unfit to race.

If this is true, it is a great shame.

Certainly at Buxton's last home meeting he appeared to be considerably less than comfortable.

His loss to Buxton, if indeed he has departed, is a real tragedy, as he is an excellent prospect for the future.

I love watching at Buxton, but in recent years have always had a nagging feeling that I am watching a team that is a rider short...

Update on Facebook from Adam Extance is that he had to withdraw from last nights meeting while gusting for Cradley due to excessive knee pain despite wanting to ride on until his knee surgery.

He will be taking the rest of the season to rest and get fixed up

All the best to him and hope he can come back next year 100% fit!

• Like 1

Come back for whom?

The club that had his best interests at heart, or the one that thought they could pull a stroke?

I'm not sure how Cradley could have "pulled a stroke"? The only rider he could replace would be Mike Neale who has been doing very well and is very well thought of by fans and club alike, as far as I can see. Mike is due back in a few weeks time so I don't see what Cradley had to gain, though I'll admit I am not up with all the rules and whether him being unattached would have any significance while Mike was out

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know a Post Code for somewhere near the Buxton track (for Sat Nav). Once I get somewhere near will be able to find the track. Thanks