British Speedway Forum

ah guys come on! how much effort does it take to revel in the festivities and get in the mood..........its a wonder how you get down the M4!! lol. Its still in the city centre just in a different direction. You can also maybe go into Museum and get a bit of an education.

I always found when it was on the main shopping area it was awkward for usual saturday visitors to get in and out of shops but no doubt their businesses picked up a bit....esp fish and chip shop. Last yr and prev year possibly caused upset to transport links as buses had to be diverted into station.

Use it or lose it.....would be nice to se the Magoos though

Edited by emerald tyke

ah guys come on! how much effort does it take to revel in the festivities and get in the mood..........its a wonder how you get down the M4!! lol. Its still in the city centre just in a different direction. You can also maybe go into Museum and get a bit of an education.

I always found when it was on the main shopping area it was awkward for usual saturday visitors to get in and out of shops but no doubt their businesses picked up a bit....esp fish and chip shop. Last yr and prev year possibly caused upset to transport links as buses had to be diverted into station.

Use it or lose it.....would be nice to se the Magoos though

WILL be a lot more to do and see this year

• Like 1

Phil, can the straights be brought in, with bends being reshaped so different lines available. Would changes like that infringe FIM track regulations?

DON'T know to be honest. I do know that BSI and Ole are looking at every possibility of making the most of what space is available at the Principality but the floor area is smaller than in Melbourne and Warsaw.

I'm reading straight from the rulebook and it states very clearly that only things mandatory to meet are length and width. Thats 260 -425 meters, 10m+ on straights and 14m + on bends.

IMO reshaping bends means making them sharper, thats always bad. Or making them more round with width is almost always good.

• Like 1

Why was it moved off the main drag? Surely the shops all benefitted from packed streets.

TBF It's never been near the shops. It's either been by the bars and pubs or in front of the railway/bus station. You're more likely to walk past shops to get to it now.

It's probably not where it was originally (St Mary Street) as it clogged up and causes chaos and later in the day it gets very busy if they've not packed up in time for all the drunks to come out.

I certainly won't be making the effort to go and see it where it is now.

Just read Tai's statement on his website, he now carn't take part in the walk for Darcy, he is wanted in Poland on Thursday and will not be back in time for the walk....He is so disappointed . Feel for him and the fans who were hoping to walk with him.

Just read Tai's statement on his website, he now carn't take part in the walk for Darcy, he is wanted in Poland on Thursday and will not be back in time for the walk....He is so disappointed . Feel for him and the fans who were hoping to walk with him.

He wasn't disappointed about missing the British Ben fund charity meeting for British riders in a wheelchair but he is about missing a walk for a rider sadly injured who could afford to buy a house on the Gold Coast and then admitted he made a lot of money before his bad injury.

Why is Steve Brandon doing a charity walk to the British GP for an Aussie instead of walking to the British GP for British riders in wheelchairs ?

I don't think British fans should support it.

He wasn't disappointed about missing the British Ben fund charity meeting for British riders in a wheelchair but he is about missing a walk for a rider sadly injured who could afford to buy a house on the Gold Coast and then admitted he made a lot of money before his bad injury.

Why is Steve Brandon doing a charity walk to the British GP for an Aussie instead of walking to the British GP for British riders in wheelchairs ?

I don't think British fans should support it.

What a sad individual

TBF It's never been near the shops. It's either been by the bars and pubs or in front of the railway/bus station. You're more likely to walk past shops to get to it now.

It's probably not where it was originally (St Mary Street) as it clogged up and causes chaos and later in the day it gets very busy if they've not packed up in time for all the drunks to come out.

I certainly won't be making the effort to go and see it where it is now.

YOU obviously know Cardiff better than me but is it that far from the stadium, bars, etc?

Gonna be like last season when i actually attended Cardiff's anti-speedway show. One path on one day track with no passing. Start-boredom-finish. Typical Cardiff but i bet there will be even less people on Millenium Stadium than there was a year ago.

Well its nice to know you wont be attending this one!!!

• Like 1

It's exactly what we Poles have done to a foreign rider Darcy Ward. Lots of people donated money, bought t-shirts and Get Well energy drinks to support him. It was a lot of money but Darcy Ward started to tweet about how he's dissapointed that money still isn't there on his account even when asked by Torun to record a video promoting charity meeting he replied "He's busy and not interested in any charity meetings".

Same situation had place after Lee Richardson's death. Polish fans did anything they could to support Lee's family then his wife publicly said "it's not enough and we should try harder".

There are Polish sportsmen on wheelchairs and we should support them first. Hope Darcy Ward's inappropriate attitude will open few pairs of eyes.

Ofc i won't. Hate wasting money. It's a lot cheaper to take a flight to Poland to see Extraliga match where the real speedway happens.

Very pleased for you, take a flight & stop there

It really doesn't matter how much money is raised at the time for an injured rider, it will never be enough.

Say I earn several million quid in my working lifetime ( hopefully more than that) but get paralysed. As a sportsman my fans raise a huge £500,000. Seems a lot but over a working life it is not much at all.s

I have 4 spare tickets for Cardiff GP in block n2 row 19 which is about halfway up as it is the stand that only has two tiers. Currently priced at 47 pounds each on website.Anyone interested please ring 07912022073. willing to accept any reasonable offer.

YOU obviously know Cardiff better than me but is it that far from the stadium, bars, etc?

About a 15 minute fairly brisk walk from the train station side of the stadium.

Nobody at all is going to find it by accident, it's outbid the way. Previous locations were where the people(speedway and non-speedway) were.

Probably not very easy to find for a non-local.

Edited by SCB