British Speedway Forum

I wonder if the GP would get a bigger gate if held away from Cardiff. How about a temporary track at Old Trafford?

Does Old Trafford have a roof?

I wonder if the GP would get a bigger gate if held away from Cardiff. How about a temporary track at Old Trafford?

No thank you it's bad enough having to go to Manchester for the world cup!

• Like 1

I think it's what known as a come back fail... Oh and names have capital letters too! :D

Is that right, so the only comeback you have is a capital letter God it must be great being you!!!!

Does Old Trafford have a roof?

No it doesn't that's another good reason for keeping it at Cardiff.

I really don't see the point of changing the venue, Cardiff is a great venue for speedway.

• Like 1

There are venues through out the UK that have roofs - Manchester has an arena with a roof, very close to city centre, but not large enough for a speedway track.

Think Sheffield has a roofed arena, but again it looks too small for a track.

Where do you think Scunthorpe is?

What nationality are his parents?

Was it his decision to move to Oz when he was 3 years old.

Niamh

Niamh

Do you think I'm a bit daft or something . of course I know where Scunthorpe is . I've actually been there . it's just outside Melbourne In Australia .Durrrrhhh , so that makes his parents Australians . I wonder if he ever met Dorothy when he was In OZ

Spare us that happening...! :rolleyes:

Been reading about Kenny Carter. The golden boy of his era. A bad boy, but loved by the fans. Then he murdered his wife.

Can't complain about a few tattoos and the odd swear word can you?

I know of 4 people who attended there 1st ever meeting this weekend at Cardiff, all of them are itching to go again next year and I've been asked to recommend somewhere to go to see a league match.

Been reading about Kenny Carter. The golden boy of his era. A bad boy, but loved by the fans. Then he murdered his wife.

Can't complain about a few tattoos and the odd swear word can you?

Certainly not , Kenny of course was always fiercely patriotic and would never have dreamt of not riding in the British final , or not riding in the British Leagues .

• Like 1

Saw Kenny Carter ride at Oxford in a British semifinal carried out of the pits and sat on his bike due to his broken leg, still came out for his last ride even though he'd scored enough already to qualify.

There are venues through out the UK that have roofs - Manchester has an arena with a roof, very close to city centre, but not large enough for a speedway track.

Think Sheffield has a roofed arena, but again it looks too small for a track.

Wouldn't the NEC be an ideal venue or is it too small ?

• Like 1

You must have an Ology in being a Twonk

Twonkology - now there's a thought. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

I know of 4 people who attended there 1st ever meeting this weekend at Cardiff, all of them are itching to go again next year and I've been asked to recommend somewhere to go to see a league match.

Now that is a problem I wouldn't want to have ... even if you chose the absolute best league match this year . the come down from cardiff will leave the newbies shocked . good luck with finding something though

• Like 1