British Speedway Forum
Comet Dan

Workington Comets V Newcastle Diamonds Pl 11/7/15 7pm

Matt Williamson will make his Comets debut here, Matty Wethers drops to reserve, Worrall at number 1 for the Diamonds

Workington

Kyle Howarth

Rusty Harrison

Rene Bach

Kenneth Hansen

Ricky Wells

Matt Williamson

Matty Wethers

Newcastle

Steve Worrall

Christian Henry

Lewis Kerr

Anton Rosen

Ludvig Lindgren

Simon Nielsen

Rafal Konopka (G)

Edited by Comet Dan

Matt Williamson will make his Comets debut here, Matty Wethers drops to reserve, Worrall at number 1 for the Diamonds

Workington

Kyle Howarth

Rusty Harrison

Rene Bach

Kenneth Hansen

Ricky Wells

Matt Williamson

Matty Wethers

Newcastle

Steve Worrall

Anton Rosen

Lewis Kerr

Christian Henry

Ludvig Lindgren

Simon Nielsen

Lewis Rose

Line ups to be confirmed

Christian Henry will return to number 2, with Kerr and Rosen being at 3 and 4.

Workington

Kyle Howarth

Rusty Harrison

Rene Bach

Kenneth Hansen

Ricky Wells

Matt Williamson

Matty Wethers

Newcastle

Steve Worrall

Anton Rosen

Lewis Kerr

Christian Henry

Ludvig Lindgren

Simon Nielsen

Lewis Rose

Line ups to be confirmed

I'll stick my neck out and say Christian will be at No.2 and Anton will be at No.4 (just a guess mind. As Manuel once said "I know nothing"!). Beat me to it Mr T!!

Looking forward, as always, to be going back (almost) home. I don't expect to see the Diamonds get any points, but an exciting close meeting will do me.

Edited by Steve Park

Good to see a duff foreignor being dropped for a Brit. Many of us are quick to put the boot in when the opposite happens so well done to Workington for making a positive change for British Speedway. Though he should not have had a job over here for years he's so naff but we'll ignore that as he's hopefully now gone.

I'll stick my neck out and say Christian will be at No.2 and Anton will be at No.4 (just a guess mind. As Manuel once said "I know nothing"!). Beat me to it Mr T!!

Looking forward, as always, to be going back (almost) home. I don't expect to see the Diamonds get any points, but an exciting close meeting will do me.

how close is close ??? (6pts),,, I can see us getting something :)

how close is close ??? (6pts),,, I can see us getting something :)

I hope you are right. :t:

I'd be surprised though...........................................

hoping for a good close entertaining meeting. 3points for workington , 1 for the diamonds..

I hope you are right. :t:

I'd be surprised though...........................................

ad bet, 'not much surprises you' ;)

• Like 1

Good to see a duff foreignor being dropped for a Brit. Many of us are quick to put the boot in when the opposite happens so well done to Workington for making a positive change for British Speedway. Though he should not have had a job over here for years he's so naff but we'll ignore that as he's hopefully now gone.

all fairness to barrett he had a very good meeting against workington last season where he scored and rode very well it was proberbly the strength of that 1 meeting alone that got him signed but apart from first couple of meetings this season hes been very poor

So the Diamonds team of second strings ( I know! it makes me unpopular) plus 2 reserves are due in Workington on Saturday. Despite us not having a couple of recognised Heat leaders, I think and I hope, the Diamonds will get something out of this match. Our main men Ludvig, L Kerr and Steve Worrall will score points but will they get enough for at least a point against the Comets...?? who knows. It may come down to how well Christian Henry and Anton Rosen go if the Diamonds are to come away with the spoils

I won't be there but I hope the match turns out to be a great one

Edited by dantodan

So the Diamonds team of second strings ( I know! it makes me unpopular) plus 2 reserves are due in Workington on Saturday. Despite us not having a couple of recognised Heat leaders, I think and I hope, the Diamonds will get something out of this match. Our main men Ludvig, L Kerr and Steve Worrall will score points but will they get enough for at least a point against the Comets...?? who knows. It may come down to how well Christian Henry and Anton Rosen go if the Diamonds are to come away with the spoils

I won't be there but I hope the match turns out to be a great one

you said you didnt have any heat leaders, but mentioned them there. :rofl:

someone mentioned Lewis Rose's availability, as Swindon are riding, could anyone shed any light on it, as I'm losing track of all the rules (amongst other things) :)

someone mentioned Lewis Rose's availability, as Swindon are riding, could anyone shed any light on it, as I'm losing track of all the rules (amongst other things) :)

Good point. I believe we will have to use a guest.

The website previews Sunday's match v Sheffield, but there is absolutely no mention of the fact we are at Workington the night before, so no idea who that guest is!

Good point. I believe we will have to use a guest.

The website previews Sunday's match v Sheffield, but there is absolutely no mention of the fact we are at Workington the night before, so no idea who that guest is!

yeah, a see what you mean,,, I hope the weather isn't gonna 'hoy the kibosh' on things,,, am heading over for this one, it'll be a long way to go for 'something and chips',,, :(

any thoughts on a decent guest,, is Kasper Looky Likey available ???,,, :)

Oh, forget that last bit, just checked his ave.,,, Nicky Barrett, why not ??? ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

yeah, a see what you mean,,, I hope the weather isn't gonna 'hoy the kibosh' on things,,, am heading over for this one, it'll be a long way to go for 'something and chips',,, :(

any thoughts on a decent guest,, is Kasper Looky Likey available ???,,, :)

Oh, forget that last bit, just checked his ave.,,, Nicky Barrett, why not ??? ;)

Don't think we can use Barrett as he's not in a 1-7 after getting dropped by Worky.

Looking at the results at Derwent Park, Rob Branford scored 6+1 (all be it from 7 rides) and might be the 'best of the rest.'

Lewis R's average knacks us a bit, as he's dropped to 3.67 (from a starting 4.15).

Edited by Steve Park