British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2016 Sgp Swc Calendar & Info's

That's fine but why can't we have a published date, as they do in football, to announce the fixtures. Fans can look forward to that..

Because speedway is more amateur, and I mean that in the nicest sense of the word. I'd imagine some of the hosting clubs need to ensure their own dates are available and they have the budget to support the events - in the typical amateur world that doesn't/can't happen more than a year ahead.

Then I'd imagine the FIM want to ensure there are no clashes between certain events across disciplines, even if they care little for clashes with FIM Europe dates. That's presumably a reason why things have to wait until their Autumn meeting to be ratified.

And in fairness to the FIM, I'm not sure the F1 calendar for the following season gets confirmed very far in advance either, and much more money is riding on that.

THERE is a process that involves the FIM and their Autumn Congress ...

FIM Europe plans to share the finished calendar after next saturday. From experience I'll say they need the FIM calendar first... Dont know if they know it though. LOL

Because speedway is more amateur, and I mean that in the nicest sense of the word.

Preliminary calendar from FIM Europe has a message attached that states on Oct 27th that they still needs organisers for next years events.

You are spot on.

Edited by f-s-p

Because speedway is more amateur, and I mean that in the nicest sense of the word. I'd imagine some of the hosting clubs need to ensure their own dates are available and they have the budget to support the events - in the typical amateur world that doesn't/can't happen more than a year ahead.

Then I'd imagine the FIM want to ensure there are no clashes between certain events across disciplines, even if they care little for clashes with FIM Europe dates. That's presumably a reason why things have to wait until their Autumn meeting to be ratified.

And in fairness to the FIM, I'm not sure the F1 calendar for the following season gets confirmed very far in advance either, and much more money is riding on that.

Nothing you say stops speedway having a date to publish there World Champ calendar. Maybe speedway should be far more professional and not amateur.

Maybe speedway should be far more professional and not amateur.

The fact is that it is largely run by amateurs even if the riders are professional.

So easy isn't it, then all the leagues can fit in round them .....

So easy isn't it, then all the leagues can fit in round them .....

absolutely can then start planning trips to the SGPs .
  • Like 1

Congratulations @theaces on being awarded the 2016 Speedway World Cup Race Off & Final! 1f1ec-1f1e7.png1f1ec-1f1e7.png1f1ec-1f1e7.png

29.07 - SWC Raceoff - Manchester
30.07 - SWC Final - Manchester

Press text: http://speedwaygp.com/news/article/4583/swc-showdowns-in-manchester

So the Race-off changes from a Thursday to a Friday, might give the team winning the race off meeting a bit of an advantage for the Final just 24hrs later.

Maybe if BV had not made promises they couldn't keep we wouldn't have had to wait 10 years for the final and we may have had it elsewhere in the last few years?!

And unless they have changed the rules Team GB are in the Final.

Congratulations @theaces on being awarded the 2016 Speedway World Cup Race Off & Final! 1f1ec-1f1e7.png1f1ec-1f1e7.png1f1ec-1f1e7.png

So the Race-off changes from a Thursday to a Friday, might give the team winning the race off meeting a bit of an advantage for the Final just 24hrs later.

Might also give the organizers a bit of a headache if the good old Manchester weather intervenes on Friday. Great news though, will definitely be at the final, looking forward to it already