British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2016 Sgp Swc Calendar & Info's

Out of interest, as they usually 'agree' 3 year deals etc, how do they break them?

Mutual consent possibly? Both parties agree the track is crap, not conducive to a good GP, and crowds have not met expectations. Both sides cut their losses and walk away.

Could also be certain get-out clauses in the contract.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

Yeah the place is quite dreary. There is a little stand at the homestraight (shown on maps).

Edit:

I was there in 2013, and took his panorama shot: https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/997999_10151489160201428_1244952359_n.jpg?oh=549d61a7993657da0a7468de6560c08e&oe=564B74F1

Edit 2:

Photo from a local newspaper confirming the news: https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11760145_406106036246447_25670604936720950_n.jpg?oh=bf8a537eab68b9a3bdd36eb457cbe929&oe=561A2AF0

Edited by DutchGrasstrack
  • Like 1

The other one pays fines to the other and it's sorted.

Mutual consent possibly? Both parties agree the track is crap, not conducive to a good GP, and crowds have not met expectations. Both sides cut their losses and walk away.

Could also be certain get-out clauses in the contract.

Cheers, I guess mutual consent is likely in this case after the two we've seen. Wish they'd got the track right but oh well

Reports from Germany 'confirm' that there will be GP in Teterow on 28.05.

PREMATURE ...

The policy of taking the SGP to world cities... ;-)

IT was always going to be a mix as you well know...

New German article about the Teterow GP: http://www.speedway-forum.de/index.php/Attachment/983-IMG-20150722-WA0008-jpg/ (same author as that other article)

Quick translation: indeed no confirmation of the date. Talks going on with BSI and the Teterow club about possibly staging a GP. They do have three big sponsors ready to finance some of the costs.

New German article about the Teterow GP: http://www.speedway-forum.de/index.php/Attachment/983-IMG-20150722-WA0008-jpg/ (same author as that other article)

Quick translation: indeed no confirmation of the date. Talks going on with BSI and the Teterow club about possibly staging a GP. They do have three big sponsors ready to finance some of the costs.

Your link doesn't work "access denied", I presume you have to be registered at the forum to be able to view the image.

I really hope Manchester is added but I suspect it won't be as they don't want the Cardiff crowd to be dented in any way.

Even though I'm from London I agree that there's no point in taking it to Wembley. Stadium, half full, pig to get to, nothing around there to do pre/post meeting. The Olympic Stadium I'd disagree, great transport links, the Mall near by with bars etc & knowing the the costs involved they would welcome any additional income from a GP and the like.

Cardiff is great though, gone every year never once come away thinking anything other then money well spent.

I really hope Manchester is added but I suspect it won't be as they don't want the Cardiff crowd to be dented in any way.

Even though I'm from London I agree that there's no point in taking it to Wembley. Stadium, half full, pig to get to, nothing around there to do pre/post meeting. The Olympic Stadium I'd disagree, great transport links, the Mall near by with bars etc & knowing the the costs involved they would welcome any additional income from a GP and the like.

Cardiff is great though, gone every year never once come away thinking anything other then money well spent.

STILL no roof though which given the vagaries of the British weather is a must when such huge sums are spent on staging the meeting.

STILL no roof though which given the vagaries of the British weather is a must when such huge sums are spent on staging the meeting.

So using this logic this would also rule out using the new stadium in Manchester for SWC events. Ok SWC may not be quite as expensive to host as SGP but two meetings in three days as you say given the vagaries of the British summer could put a question mark over hosting the event there.

With this thinking no event would ever go near Vojens.

So using this logic this would also rule out using the new stadium in Manchester for SWC events. Ok SWC may not be quite as expensive to host as SGP but two meetings in three days as you say given the vagaries of the British summer could put a question mark over hosting the event there.

The difference is the cost of hiring stadiums like Wembley and the Olympic Stadium that have no roof, it will probably be much more than they pay for Cardiff with a roof. Belle Vue for a SWC would only be a fraction of that cost.

NOT at all ... the speedway track in Manchester will be there and the SWC Final is hardly on a par with laying one at GP at Cardiff where the outlay on staging the meeting is huge.

Yeah the place is quite dreary.

:rofl:

At this rate it won't be long before they are hosting a GP at some track in Dutchland :P