British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Workington Sunday 12 July 2015 3pm

So tomorrow we have 3 regular team members and 3 guests , think speedway need to have a total rethink over the winter, maybe go for teams of 6 riders

• Like 3

nicki barrett could do a job for you guys or ritchie hawkins. hope this setback does not ruin all the good work that has been put into ashfield this season..

The guesting situation hits the riders clubs the hardest as in Nick's case injured whilst guesting and it is Glasgow & Swindon who now suffer, I understand that riders need as many meetings as possible but surely they need to cap the number off guest bookings they take.

Richard has probably guested as many times for other teams as he has ridden for us this surely cannot continue in this vein.

nicki barrett could do a job for you guys or ritchie hawkins. hope this setback does not ruin all the good work that has been put into ashfield this season..

I would doubt either would end up at Ashfield Barrett is to hot & cold and after seeing Hawkins a couple off weeks ago i am glad he gets a nose bleed when he crosses the border as he was dire.

• Like 1

The combined averages of Berge and Howe could be used to offer more flexibility in who we sign. Berge has been poor this season other than his appearances in the 2 Sky meetings, his absence doesn't seriously weaken us at home.

Kozza proved to be the wrong signing, as has David Howe his replacement, frustrating when the solid second string we desire was right on our doorstep at the start of the season in Theo Pijper.

Short term we now need to rely on guests x 2 and r/r. Definitely not ideal with the number of meetings coming up in the next fortnight.

• Like 1

The guesting situation hits the riders clubs the hardest as in Nick's case injured whilst guesting and it is Glasgow & Swindon who now suffer, I understand that riders need as many meetings as possible but surely they need to cap the number off guest bookings they take.

Can understand reason for double-up/down - riders need to earn more money as not enough fixtures in EL for those that don't ride abroad. So limit double up/down to those that only ride in UK. Also if you double up/down you're then not eligible for guest bookings. probably lots of loopholes but something needs to be done.

can you not speak with magnus karlsson who is not doing Poland this year,just Thursday in Sweden. he seems to ride your track well and would be a decent stand in till nick is back.

can you not speak with magnus karlsson who is not doing Poland this year,just Thursday in Sweden. he seems to ride your track well and would be a decent stand in till nick is back.

Now your talking reliable point scorer and we have points to play with but wouldn't be for Nick he will be back sooner rather than later we do however have ample scope with the other two places we need to fill :t: .

The combined averages of Berge and Howe could be used to offer more flexibility in who we sign.

With the overall team average being over 46 we have no real flexibility we have to replace like with like or the team reverts to a 42.50 max. That means up to 7.33 for Howe if he doesn't come back and up to 4.81 for berge. So, we can't add the 2 averages and use say a 3pt man and a 9.14 pt man

i think signing 2 riders at once and you will have to redeclare under the points limit .. 42.50 , that eliminates any points increases that you have gained (sergeant etc) and will make it very tough for the season. i think you can do it 1 at a time over a long period. not sure though..

where,s that come from ? what a promising rider he is... big miss for the tigers if true. .. thought Glasgow were paying decent money to their riders.. sad..

At the Edinburgh home meeting I heard from a reliable club source there were issues.

Apparently his moods were up and down. Bit of homesickness.

He's still young, hopefully things will sort themselves out and he'll be back.

Could fit Adam Ellis in for Dimitri I think?

honestly can't remember if the rules say he can stay with Brum or not, so that could maybe be a stumbling block.

I really hope things don't unravel and Glasgow can stay a strong side, it has been great this season with 2 strong Scottish teams, long may it continue.

PS , stay strong but not as strong as us

• Like 1

With the overall team average being over 46 we have no real flexibility we have to replace like with like or the team reverts to a 42.50 max. That means up to 7.33 for Howe if he doesn't come back and up to 4.81 for berge. So, we can't add the 2 averages and use say a 3pt man and a 9.14 pt man

Fair do's. Is there still a rule that you cannot sign a rider after August 1 or 31?

I really hope things don't unravel and Glasgow can stay a strong side, it has been great this season with 2 strong Scottish teams, long may it continue.

PS , stay strong but not as strong as us

Masters has sustained a suspected wrist injury riding for Leicester tonight

Fair do's. Is there still a rule that you cannot sign a rider after August 1 or 31?

If there's not, someone will find one.