British Speedway Forum

I was just wondering who has that accolade at present.

I ask only because now and again the rabble who come to Brough Park with me [ok, my family] award the title "Master of Brough", - the subject happened to come up while watching the Sky match from Wednesday and I recalled that a relatively recent "holder" was James Grieves (in his first season)

It has to be Ryan McDonald, if he is still riding. Obviously pretty unfair to saddle him with that but it shows where we have come to.

• Like 1

Luke Ruddick riding at number 2 for Mildenhall, comes from Berwick but was born in Scotland, Ryan McDonald lost his team place in the national league a couple of weeks ago, I cannot remember who he was riding for though, possibly Stoke?

It has to be Ryan McDonald, if he is still riding. Obviously pretty unfair to saddle him with that but it shows where we have come to.

Has Alex Gilroy retired!! Edited by Fromafar

Bert Harkins.

Happy days. :t::approve: :approve: :approve:

• Like 1

Luke Ruddick has to be, last year would of been Sneddon and before that Grievesy surely

Bugger! how did I forget Deek.

Ryan Mac Donald was njl riders champion last year ahead of Luke ruddick and this year has been dropped by Stoke only because the rider they brought in to replace the other injured reserve was scoring more than ryan so made team sence to keep higher scorer but he is still racing in MDL and NJL

Edited by mac101

I heard that Colin Caffrey and the McKinna's were making comebacks and we're going to have a 5man run-off for the Title!

• Like 1

Taxi for HadrianDog. :party:

Ryan Mac Donald was njl riders champion last year ahead of Luke ruddick and this year has been dropped by Stoke only because the rider they brought in to replace the other injured reserve was scoring more than ryan so made team sence to keep higher scorer but he is still racing in MDL and NJL

In this weeksSpeedway Star Luke Ruddick's average is 4.42 and Ryan MacDonald's is 2.67 so as I said again Luke Ruddick would be Scotland's No.1, baring in mind Luke was only 16 when riding in the NJLRC last season and hadn't ridden in the NL before where as Ryan had a team place at Scunthorpe. Luke has overtaken him this year

James McBain was scoring well in the NL last year before his injury/retirement. Better than Ruddick.

• Like 1