British Speedway Forum

As I've already said in post #134, in 2016, the National Stadium. Or Coventry (The British Final & 2nd Div Riders Championship used to be there, after all). If you think EOES is 'Central', how about King's Lynn??

I would imagine the National Stadium will be used next year, that seems logical. I would imagine all the meetings you mention and the WTC will be held there also. Maybe a Grand Prix as well...

Going back to Sundays meeting, I think that every team should be allowed to use any riders under contract to them, including Neiminem at Glasgow.

• Like 1

Compared to where?

2 hours from London 5 hours from Glasgow, nearly SIX hours from Edinburgh

When the fours was first run at Peterborough it was classed as central as there was both Exeter & Poole as well as Edinburgh and Glasgow involved now after all these years its Plymouth that could be involved so its still central has the space to park all the cars accomodate all the riders vehicles, a pits area that can cope with the extra riders, bikes mechanics etc, the fact that Plymouth havnt qualified was not known at the start of the season when the decision was made to again hold it at Peterborough.

Going back to Sundays meeting, I think that every team should be allowed to use any riders under contract to them, including Neiminem at Glasgow.

Something sticks in my mind (so is probably wrong!) that this used to be the case but it was a situation with Glasgow that changed it! There was a rider rode in either the pairs or 4s ( Craig Watson perhaps? ) representing Tigers but he had not ridden in any previous Glasgow meeting and it was deemed unfair to clubs who missed out on qualication

I don't know what all the fuss is about..Lambert has rode for us all season and ok Grondal has only ridden 4 meetings but hes at reserve anyway..what else should have happened?..and I wouldn't care if Niemo rides..as far as I'm concerned the more competition the better..bring it on.

• Like 1

Something sticks in my mind (so is probably wrong!) that this used to be the case but it was a situation with Glasgow that changed it! There was a rider rode in either the pairs or 4s ( Craig Watson perhaps? ) representing Tigers but he had not ridden in any previous Glasgow meeting and it was deemed unfair to clubs who missed out on qualication

Was Craig Watson , him and Shane finished runners up to Holder and Bunyan in 2007 . And he hadn't ridden for Glasgow in a team meeting

I hope other clubs do a Peterborough and put higher average riders in reserve than in their team! If Grondal rides, it should mean MPT has to be reserve

Shawn

They could put MPT at reserve and give him all Grondal,s rides, what difference would it make.

Why does speedway continually make things difficult for itself by over complicating things ? It's not a national tournament , not every team gets to compete . The so called qualifying procedure is based on the accumulative totals of the averages of four riders , who for whatever reason might not even be riding on the day .

What it is , is a prestigious invitational competition between the hosts , Peterborough , and seven invited clubs .

Does it really matter therefore if a rider is signed for one of those clubs one week or two weeks before the event , or another rider is injured for a month and decides to make his comeback in the same event ?

If a rider is in one of the eight club's one to seven on the morning of the event , then he should be eligible to ride for his club . Makes things much simpler .

• Like 3

Shawn

They could put MPT at reserve and give him all Grondal,s rides, what difference would it make.

only 3 rides in the qualifiers and 4 in the finals. i do believe..

only 3 rides in the qualifiers and 4 in the finals. i do believe..

Exactly MPT is better than GRONDAL

Why does speedway continually make things difficult for itself by over complicating things ? It's not a national tournament , not every team gets to compete . The so called qualifying procedure is based on the accumulative totals of the averages of four riders , who for whatever reason might not even be riding on the day .

What it is , is a prestigious invitational competition between the hosts , Peterborough , and seven invited clubs .

Does it really matter therefore if a rider is signed for one of those clubs one week or two weeks before the event , or another rider is injured for a month and decides to make his comeback in the same event ?

If a rider is in one of the eight club's one to seven on the morning of the event , then he should be eligible to ride for his club . Makes things much simpler .

This is exactly how it should be, stupid rules destroy most sports and speedway does have its fair share of poxy rules thats for sure.

Shawn

You're right they can. And in so we ways it's pretty irrelevant here as Grondal is not a trump card in reserve but what if other teams out there 3rd or 4th rider in reserve they could gain from it. It should be teams 5th rider in reserve.

I take it then that Glasgow's latest signing will be able to replace Morris in the line up now they have only 3 other top 5 riders available?

Peterborough were beyond their top 5 though, and were looking at numbers 6 & 7, and one of those is injured

Peterborough were beyond their top 5 though, and were looking at numbers 6 & 7, and one of those is injured

As are Glasgow if we cant use Nieminen