British Speedway Forum
spin king

Darcy,kelvin, Nigel And Chris Too.

To put the record straight, I don't have anything against Darcy Ward.

He is a very talented naturally gifted rider, he has made some poor career decisions and up to now he has abused his talent.

And yes he is box office.

What I don't need is to hear that, for what seemed every ten minutes.

Darcy is back, after umpteen months serving a ban.

Darcy is such a talent.

Darcy can team ride.

Darcy can gate.

Or

What's it like not having Darcy in your team (Poole riders)

Or

What's it like having having Darcy in your team (Swindon riders)

Was there a competition to see how many times one presenter could utter Darcy Ward.

Last night was overkill on magnanimous scale.

At the end of the day Ward will put bums on seats.

Not at Swindon though, coz they ain't got none! (well about 50 chairs in the upstairs bar that's it!)
  • Like 1

Promoting someone Banned for being over the alcohol limit is Not good PR in the real world but sky are flogging a dead horse with speedway & will try anything.

Sky are leading the horse to water, The BSPA are not drinking.

• Like 1

Not at Swindon though, coz they ain't got none! (well about 50 chairs in the upstairs bar that's it!)

I'm getting to the age now where for some while I have been thinking of investing in a fold-up chair, a tartan blanket and a thermos..but...

Hurrah, it's looks like the new stadium is going ahead, so I won't have too... :t::party::D:t:

I'm getting to the age now where for some while I have been thinking of investing in a fold-up chair, a tartan blanket and a thermos..but...

Hurrah, it's looks like the new stadium is going ahead, so I won't have too... :t::party::D:t:

So you must be over 50...you will still need a flask and blanket(other patterns apart from tartan are available)at the new Blunsdon Stade de Lite.

• Like 1

They are building an old peoples home next to the stadium, you could move in there and watch the racing from your lounge or balcony in warm weather :t:

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

They are building an old peoples home next to the stadium, you could move in there and watch the racing from your lounge or balcony in warm weather :t:

Thanks for that Orlov...

I shall bear that in mind come the time... :t:

Thanks for that Orlov...

I shall bear that in mind come the time... :t:

Maybe they could deliver your dinner and a programme and you could enjoy your dinner and the match from your balcony.!
  • Like 1

Seeing the Worlds best riders racing in our EL is surely what we all want to see, like it or not Ward is just that, though Sky did over do things a tad last night.

We certainly do but, unfortunately the majority of them ride in the Polish and Swedish Leagues.

Promoting someone Banned for being over the alcohol limit is Not good PR in the real world but sky are flogging a dead horse with speedway & will try anything.

Really?

Would darts ever use Phil power in marketing?

Boxing ever use Tyson or may weather?

Would football ever use sterling?

Rugby ever use umaga or howlett or muliaini?

If sports only used players who were exemplary role models off the pitch in their marketing, there would be a pretty small list

Last night was overkill on

magnanimous scale.

I'm not sure that word means what you think it means
  • Like 2

Must be the only one who thought Sky didn't overdo Darcy's return.

I was interested to see CLouis pick out Darcy's racing techniques and throttle control although of course none of us are daft enough to think he's the only one who does these things.

Also was interesting to hear what Kyle Newman had to say about him too.

• Like 1

I'm not sure that word means what you think it means

:t::rofl:

Here we go another Darcy thread that Bwitcher and his cronies can knock up to 5000 pages.. Yawn :cry:

Here we go another Darcy thread that Bwitcher and his cronies can knock up to 5000 pages.. Yawn :cry:

Don't read it or comment then. Simples!!! Might only be 4,000 pages then.