British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Haza

Kings Lynn V Wolves 16th July

Karlsson is struggling but they definitely didn't bring in a guy whose ridden in Britain for 4 decades to ride at number 1....that wasn't his job at the start...

He did start the season well...is he riding the Gerhard engine in Wolves matches all the time now ?

Peter Karlsson was brought into the Wolves team as a second string.Not to ride in heats 1,13 and 15 every week. Its the failing of others that have forced him into this predicament.P.K has exceeded his starting average,don't lay the blame of Wolves failing at his door.[/quote

I wasn't, I was referring to the fact that his glory days have gone.

So when you stop being an Elite league number one you should pack it in. Unfortunately there are not many Greg Hancock's around who continue to achieve world level success into their 40's.I dare say if P.K had been in Pooles's team and averaging over 8 points a meeting from 2nd string he would be lorded by the same people who are knocking him,

Edited by New Science

Some serious average manipulation going on by Wolves!

Who says cheats never prosper - Wolves are on target to win the wooden spoon :rofl:

They're even making Kenneth Bjerre look good :wink:

better to be crap than cheat with iffy engine failures , we scored 7 points more than usual so nearly a result. Roll on 2016.

Peter Karlsson was brought into the Wolves team as a second string.Not to ride in heats 1,13 and 15 every week. Its the failing of others that have forced him into this predicament.P.K has exceeded his starting average,don't lay the blame of Wolves failing at his door.

In fairness PK IS a heat leader in this league and so he should be. Surely he must be asking the question how much longer? He was a heat leader masquerading as a second string and nothing has really changed from last season now.

37 points is an improvement but just goes to show there is no fight left, we have already given up.

Well credit where credit is due....Kenneth Bjerre certainly deserves it after tonight :t: Great to see him back to his best :)

Good stuff too from the other Stars (particularly the other 2 Danes!) to cover for our missing pair.

Reserves too tried hard without always succeeding. Hope Lewis is OK after his fall,

(and of course well done too to Max Fricke for a sterling performance (though ease off a bit next week please?) :P

Good performance from the top 4 tonight.We need to keep winning at home,but we will have much tougher opposition next week in Belle Vue.Can't let them have any points if that's possible.

Iversen was outstanding tonight missed one gate in heat 13.But he soon reeled in Freddie.

Porsing is carrying on his form of the last few weeks.

Fricke a great replacement for Lambert.

Bjerre was very good at what we know he's best at Gating,but was also quick too.Iversen was only 0.23 outside the track record but Bjerre also was only 0.30 outside the record.

Morris was ok if he didn't fall in heat 4 he would have had a paid 5.

I think Kerr struggled with the grippier conditions tonight.

Can't really comment on Wolves apart from they are really poor and will be lucky not to finish bottom of the pile this season.

What did make me happy was seeing a rider come around after he had completed his rides and wave to the crowd and taking the applause.Well done Tobiasz Musielak.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

First meeting in a while, some good races, Wolves really are poor, apart from Thorsell in a couple of rides they really did not have the appetite for a scrap.PK was tailed off, Freddie wasn't Fast and Wells and Musielak were poor. Good to see several Wolves fans make the trip over though!

Even when Freddie gated in heat 13 Niels simply lined him up and eased passed him. After lots of criticism I was pleased to see Porsing and Kenny Bjerre going well. Seemed a lot of riders losing their steel shoes tonight as well, Bates, Blackbird and Kerr to name 3 I saw. Does anyone know if Kerr is ok after he walloped the fence on the last bend but never came out for Heat 12. Feel the Aces will certainly be a better test next week, hope it is as warm and sunny as it was tonight.

Difficult to make any conclusions from last night. Yes we won, and won convincingly, but Wolves offered very little and were a shadow of the team they once were. Niels was majestic as ever, and cruised to a 5 ride Max. He was in a different league and won each race by the proverbial.. Kenneth was not far behind him and top scored with 16pts. Porsing and Max Fricke both rode well and won with incredible ease. Those 4, rode that well, that the absent Star performers weren't missed.

Our 2 reserves had an iffy nights, in that they both fell and both scored decent points. Morris, seem to lose concentration, and fell when 2nd to Fricke on the final corner, and twice more got out of shape in other races, whose bikes gradually got slower. Kerr, He too battled the demons with slower machinery and was far from in dominate self. Hope his fall was as innocuous as it looked with no lasting injuries.....

Wells, Thorssell, Blackbird and Freddie all battled hard for little reward. they were unfortunate to meet a team that were on a high.....

Next week against Belle Vue will be a far stiffer test.......

Hopefully Fricke don't ride as well as he did last night...... :wink::wink::wink:

Are the Stars just running into form at the right time?

Last year they started - perhaps - too well and couldn't keep it going, for reasons we all know.

Maybe the Stars will get to the play offs this year in hot form.

50 years of waiting could end in the autumn.

Maybe Wolves should contact Kyle Howarth now that Swindon unfortunately had to let him go, he would do better than their heat leaders.

Remind me about the last time he guested for us----ah yes, 0--0--0--0.Hardly better than what we have. :cry:

• Like 1

Did anyone really think that last night was entertaining ? Apart from Puk sticking his front wheel over the white line out of turn and driving past the oppostion i think it was a bit of a snore fest.

Have to feel for PK last night, He was getting badly tailed off and not just by the Lynn Heat leaders. However after he got smashed up at Saddlebow back in the early Norties I dont think Lynn has been one of his most favourite tracks.

• Like 1

Did anyone really think that last night was entertaining ? Apart from Puk sticking his front wheel over the white line out of turn and driving past the oppostion i think it was a bit of a snore fest.

Have to feel for PK last night, He was getting badly tailed off and not just by the Lynn Heat leaders. However after he got smashed up at Saddlebow back in the early Norties I dont think Lynn has been one of his most favourite tracks.

It wasn't a good meeting either when Wolves came earlier in the season. Lambert did liven that one

I for one, thorough enjoyed the meeting last night. Sometimes when I read certain posts I question the reality these people live in. It appears that unless there are riders knocking five bells out of each other or 50 overtaking moves its a bad meeting. I suggest you wake up and actually see what is on show.

I have been to many meetings and enjoy most of them. But my expectations are related to the sport itself. I enjoy the banter, I enjoy the smell, I enjoy the environment., I enjoy the excitement, I enjoy the competition, in fact I enjoy all the factors of the meeting. I enjoy it even when we lose, if the effort was there.

Having ridden many bikes in a variety of sports, I appreciate the skill ALL these riders show. They don't have to come from the back just to satisfied some warp ideas of making it enjoyable. Kenneth Bjerre last night was exceptional. He has been called a 'Gating Tart' but that's an art in its self. Strange these people don't mention how fast and smooth he is when he gets to the front. . I have criticised him in the past not doing the business, but when he does well I 'm the first to say so.... and last night he rode very well.

When I go to meeting, I'm under no pretence of what's on offer. I go knowing what I will enjoy. If there's a close meeting and plenty of overtaking, all well and good, but its not the be all and the end if its not.

In my reckoning, last night was a good night out, one that I thoroughly enjoyed.... Cant wait till next one.....

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 3

Remind me about the last time he guested for us----ah yes, 0--0--0--0.Hardly better than what we have. :cry:

Even for Swindon Kyle had a bad meeting at KL where he guested for you and scored 0 but he has put in good scores elsewhere.

Well that new plan from Adams worked well. Moved Freddie from terrible to mediocre but at the cost of PK going from mediocre to terrible. :icon_smile_clown:

As BW said Adams has no interest and by association, IMO neither has CVS. It's bloody disgusting what has happened to the Club, it really is. :mad:

• Like 1