British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Ipswich Witches ( P L) - Friday, July 17th (7.30pm)

One man's hard racer is another man's dirty rider and this goes for all levels of the sport and Josh certainly falls into this category. We as fans like to watch hard exciting racing after all isn't this why we pay out admission fee every meeting. Had the original incident happened during the race it would have been accepted, all be it reluctantly by some as one of those things that happen in speedway But bring a rider off after the end of the of a race is out of order. However what happened at Scunthorpe last night can only be blamed on one person and that is Peter Clark. As referee he was in charge of the whole meeting and not just the racing. Having witnessed the incident experiance should have told him that feelings would be running high. Having felt the Rohan's actions warranted the maxium fine and reporting to the SBC. Peter should have then removed him from the meeting if for no other reason than to calm things down. HE DIDN'T. Had Mr Clark had the courage of his convictions, we as fans would not be on here debating the farcical goings on at Scunthorpe be talking about a decision that on hindsight was hard but fair

I like your post Spot on.

British Speedway is so inconsistent these days. I think some of the Ref's are reading different rule books or they just cannot keep up with SCB keep changing the rules. Even so who the hell referee's the Referee's.

I was referring to the first part of your post, and your petty jibe.

and how's that biased against Scunthorpe if it's a jibe at Josh Auty? FYI Douglas has always impressed me and Now Lunna is getting used the track he looks mighty impressive too.

Wilkinson, Pijper and Ben Wilson get no better and Davies was better and looked more comfortable in the number 2 spot.

Just read Rohans side, as I said there is always two sides to any story. He said Auty had slowed down after just going over finish line and he (Rohan) was chasing Davis to the line. Then he had to keep it wound on not to go straight into the fence and low and behold Auty was right in his line and impossible to miss. So therefore it was just an accident, so for gods sake you Scunthorpe fans stop whinging!!!

The truth is you don't like losing to a better team but having said that support your team more otherwise you will not be able to whinge as there will be no speedway to whinge at.

Just read Rohans side, as I said there is always two sides to any story. He said Auty had slowed down after just going over finish line and he (Rohan) was chasing Davis to the line. Then he had to keep it wound on not to go straight into the fence and low and behold Auty was right in his line and impossible to miss. So therefore it was just an accident, so for gods sake you Scunthorpe fans stop whinging!!!

The truth is you don't like losing to a better team but having said that support your team more otherwise you will not be able to whinge as there will be no speedway to whinge at.

I dont know how to reply to this except oh dear!!

Tungates story is laughable and anyone there will agree (the arguments are based on the initial run and other incidents and "He deserved it")

As for bitter as we lost we have lost loads this season we are used to it one more doesnt upset us!!!

Edited by The Scunthorpe bullet
  • Like 2

Firstly saying he didn't see the incident then agreeing with Ipswich promotion in saying it was an accident yet fining the rider and reporting him to the SCB one thing is clear from all of this Mr Peter Clark isn't fit to referee a a game of tiddlywinks let alone a speedway match

And that is where you get two sides of the story and who is telling the truth. Scunthorpe saying one thing and Ipswich another. The only person who can answer this is the referee and I bet he doesn't post on here. One thing for certain is that Scunthorpe will defend their side and Ipswich their side of the story, same as some posters on here.

Im not on twitter but have been informed that Kevs message to Rohan is - "dont worry about it mate -hed have his own team mate off at press day if they are silly enough to go out with him"

It does always help to clarify what you're talking about doesn't it :rolleyes:

It's like posting:

I was talking someone in the pits last night and they hit the nail on the head.

Alan this is at least the second post that you have almost gloated about the possible closure of Scunthorpe.

Whatever the views of either side re the Auty/Tungate incidents there is no direct link to the clubs plight and adding such IMO is just an attempt to inflame a reaction and out of order.

There may be a bit of short term needle between some rival fans on here but Im sure none wish what you are suggesting.

• Like 1

Not sure who Alan is but has started posting regularly pretty recently. Obviously a passionate fan.

• Like 1

Sounds like Josh Auty is the Premier League version of Nicki Pedersen.

Do me a favour, Nicki is a 3 time World Champ whereas Auty is a reckless, dirty and idiotic lunatic. Deserves what he gets.

• Like 1

Not sure who Alan is but has started posting regularly pretty recently. Obviously a passionate fan.

no problem with passion,no problem with him backing Rohan but dont see that any mention of Scunthorpes plight is required in the context of this thread.
  • Like 1

https://youtu.be/MT6F69LQE0k

https://youtu.be/5amcO2uQ5JA

https://youtu.be/pAfI4yFO4-s

Ok, here's how it all unfolded from my angle, really hope this is of some help to everyone in unravelling last nights astonishing Heat 10 events? Also added Nike's mammoth hauling back of Morris in Heat 14.

Can honestly say in all my days around the speedway's I have never before seen a meeting quite like this

Sorry for the slight delay on upload, whilst I have been considering things but also otherwise engaged throughout today.

• Like 2

Well from that footage at that angle, all I'm gonna say is rohan tungate. Not guilty of anything

• Like 3

I know I said that I wouldn't post again but having viewed the videos I can reassure myself that I didn't imagine it all !

Thanks to Broadsider for the excellent footage.

Interesting to see what those who weren't there last night make of it !

To me as an impartial observer it looks plain to me that Tungate was crossing the finishing line as Auty was going into the first bend, Tungate kept it wound on round bends 1 & 2 and flicks his back wheel out at Auty on the start of the back straight! Can't see how Tungate can say Auty shut off as he went over the finish line and left Tungate nowhere to go!

Guilty as charged M'lord.

• Like 7