British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Glasgow V Berwick Sunday 19th

It's a mystery how Edberg is preferred over Liam. Absolutely baffling

Eh no go on Berwick v Edinburgh thread £££££££££££

When we've been relying so heavily on Doolan and Jorgensen so heavily, all it takes is for one of them to have an off-night (according to Doolan's twitter feed he blew his best engine last night) and this is the type of result you get. On to next week and the Cup now.

Really impressed with the new Glasgow setup, great for Glasgow fans and speedway in general.

The racing was very uneventful, apart from Thornblom's victory over Summers.

Some pretty horrendous refereeing, but that us just par for the course with Mcgregor.

Edited by bigeddiechek
  • Like 2

Lets be fair I don't think it was a clear cut decision by Berge to resign, obviously some pushing from Glasgow in there too. No surprise there has been a lesser facility given.

See my "theory" in the Glasgow 2015 thread.

It's a mystery how Edberg is preferred over Liam. Absolutely baffling

id rather see Liam coming last and trying his heart out FOR FOUR LAPS TO THE FLAG unlike Edberg doing two or three laps, slowing down, looking at his bike and pulling onto the centre green

When will the promotion see that we are sick of this 'I'm the back can't be arsed attitude'

I await Cresent girl/dick Barrie's statement on this situation

Edited by Goodiepatchie
  • Like 5

id rather see Liam coming last and trying his heart out FOR FOUR LAPS TO THE FLAG unlike Edberg doing two or three laps, slowing down, looking at his bike and pulling onto the centre green

When will the promotion see that we are sick of this 'I'm the back can't be arsed attitude'

I'm sure he'll devote a few paragraphs in his column in next Saturdays programme to it

• Like 1

How does edberg still have a place?!! Baffling

• Like 1

Really impressed with the new Glasgow setup, great for Glasgow fans and speedway in general.

The new owners seem to want to put on apackage not just 15 heats. the two mascots routine worked really well yesterday and even some old cynics were smiling! And the kids races just shows a lot of youngsters are coming to Glasgow and long may it continue. Finally young Leon flint looked really good after the meeting, how old is he and has he 'signed' for someone?

The new owners seem to want to put on apackage not just 15 heats. the two mascots routine worked really well yesterday and even some old cynics were smiling! And the kids races just shows a lot of youngsters are coming to Glasgow and long may it continue. Finally young Leon flint looked really good after the meeting, how old is he and has he 'signed' for someone?

If you want to attract spectators to events these days you have to provide a "package" and not just 15 heats of racing. I have witnessed this on trips to various sporting events away from speedway this summer. Promoters need to take this on board, but it is likely to get the usual "but this costs money" reply. Glasgow are in the fortunate position where they can afford to spend a bit and good luck to them, they will be the ones reaping the rewards.

As far as Leon Flint goes, he does look a good prospect, he's been going around Berwick for a few years now and is benefitting from starting to ride at an early age. As for being "signed" I doubt if it will be legal to sign him as I think he's barely a teenager (although I stand to be corrected on that, don't know his exact age).

11 or 12 years old, doing really well as long as people lay off any pressure with someone so young. He is really enjoying his racing in all its forms, he is really getting to grips with his new 250. So proud nto sponsor this very young future prospect, who is so appreciative in any help given to him.

So 'GO FLINTY GO'

• Like 1

It was all very impressive - although the racing was somewhat dull - and Leon Flint did look excellent.

Have to agree, wasn't the best meeting of the season, Berwick were pretty awful tbh and the Glasgow heat leaders had a very easy afternoon winning from the gate almost every time.

Even in defeat, i had a thoroughly great afternoon up until closing time at Ashfield yesterday. Mind you, the day starts at 12.30pm in the Horseshoe Bar meeting Paulco etc before heading to the track for 3pm haha.

It certainly wasn't the best meeting i'll ever see, but i do look forward to Bandits meetings at Glasgow regardless. As someone who works every weekend, and doesn't get down to Berwick much in recent years, it's always a great day seeing my Bandits and Tigers pals together, sharing a few beers and having a laugh.

Saying that. Taxi for Edberg!

• Like 2

What happens when Coty gets a proper average, we'll have four reserves in the team.