British Speedway Forum
Hawk127

Ice Speedway Fixtures 2015 - 2016

Possibly.

Definately Finlands turn to host it, as that what it states in the NMC (Nordic management Council, a yearly meeting between Nordic FMN's) rotation list. Also I'm told that it will be in Finland, as I wrote on 24th of October on this thread.

Ok, I admit that I have not paid much attention to this thread so therefore I have missed or forgotten your post. ;)

• Like 1

Swedish nominations for the world ch. qualies.:

Ylitornio, Finland 9 January
Daniel Henderson, Strömsunds MC
Jimmy Olsén, Strömsunds MC

Östersund, Sweden 15 January
Per-Anders Lindström, Jämtlands MK
Niklas Kallin Svensson, ÖMK Rundbana
Ove Ledström, ÖMK Rundbana

Track reserves Östersund
Martin Haarahiltunen, ÖMK Rundbana
Viktor Svensson, Bollnäs MK

Svemo have seeded Stefan Svensson to the qualies final at Strömsund.

http://ikarossmederna.se/henderson-nominerad-till-vm-kval/

http://www.svemo.se/sv/Grenar/Isracing/Nyheter/NomineringavforaretillFIMIceSpeedwayGladiatorsVMkvaliIsracing2016/

Edited by Ghostwalker

Who is Martin Haaralitunen? Sounds Finnish, never heard of him???

Correct name is Martin Haarahiltunen (my previous link had it spelled wrong).

He is a 24/25-year old from Örnsköldsvik (northern Swedish east coast),

It seems that he is a newbie when it comes to ice racing.

http://www.allehanda.se/sport/motor/sm-final-vantar-for-haarahiltunen

http://www.racemagazine.se/isracing/sm-finalen-mer-oviss-an-nagonsin/

Name is Finnish so probably Finnish parents or grand/grand grand parents. Many Finnish refugees (particular children) came to Sweden

during WW2. Then during the 70's a new wave of Finnish immigrants came to Sweden to work in the industry which needed manpower.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Russian Fixtures finally confirmed by the MFR:

SUPERLEAGUE:

12/13.12.15 Rounds 1 & 2 Kamensk Ural

23/24.1.16 Rounds 3 & 4 Ufa

20/21.2.16 Rounds 5 & 6 Togliatti

Teams: Ufa, Togliatti, Kamensk-Ural, Sterlitamak, CSKA Moscow

MAJOR LEAGUE:

13/14.2.16 Rounds 1 & 2 Shadrinsk

20/21.2.16 Rounds 3 & 4 Lukhovitsy

27/28.2. 16 Rounds 5 & 6 Kumertau

Teams: Shadrinsk, CSKA Moscow 2, Kumertau, Saransk, Novosibirsk, Udmertia, Kamensk-Ural 2

RUSSIAN INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP

19/20.12.15 Semi Finals: Novosibirsk, Shadrinsk, Sterlitamak, Ufa

26/27.12.15 Final 1: Togliatti

9/10.1.16 Final 2: Shadrinsk

RUSSIAN JUNIOR INDIVIDUAL CHAMPIONSHIP

16/17.1.15 Semi Finals: Kamensk-Ural

23/24.1.16 Final: Lukhovitsy

RUSSIAN JUNIOR TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

30/31.1.16 Final: Kamensk-Ural

CUP OF RUSSIA:

6/7.2.16 Final 1: Vyatskie Polyany

5/6.3.16 Final 2: Neftekamsk

12/13.3.16 Final 3: Yugorsk

MFR CUP

5/6.3.16 Final: Vyatskie Polyany

FIM CUP - Gab. Kadyrov Memorial Trophy

20/21.2.16 Ufa

I have been watching some excellent Ice Speedway videos on youtube mostly about Franky Zorn and Gunther Bauer. My German is patchy at best but the racing sequences are first class. Bauer looks about 30kg. too heavy to be a motor cycle racer though, but comes across as very likeable.

I have been watching some excellent Ice Speedway videos on youtube mostly about Franky Zorn and Gunther Bauer. My German is patchy at best but the racing sequences are first class. Bauer looks about 30kg. too heavy to be a motor cycle racer though, but comes across as very likeable.

:o

Just for tv imo

I did see a good old video of Bauer and his father making an ice speedway track themselves so he could practice a little while back.Think his son Luca was just starting out at the time on a small bike.Something I hadn't seen before

Saw a few pics some days ago of what looked like ex champ Nikolai Krasnikov becoming a member of notorious Russian motorbike 'gang' the Night Wolves :o

You have a greater knowledge of these matters than I .

Anyone remember Andrew Barret, born in the 60's and (I'm told) once rode for Cradley Heath in the Elite league (or what ever it was back then). He was at the Ylitornio FIM training camp riding ice speedway. Had decent speed as well.

Planning a short interview with him unless the FIM do it better as I'm told a short press release should come out shortly.

Saw Franky Zorn ride in Berlin earlier this year and his full throttle all action style was a sight to behold. A real racer with no fear and looking forward to seeing his exploits this coming season and if he can carry on the form then the Russians have a real challenger for the world and team title. Anyone who has never been try Berlin in March 2016, you will not be disappointed

Russian semi finals have been cut short by one round (Novosibirsk) due to a decreasing number of riders. The Sterlitamak round has been moved to Kumertau.

The season starts this weekend, and I'm pretty excited. Hope the Russians got their live streams up and running again :) :) :)

Saw Franky Zorn ride in Berlin earlier this year and his full throttle all action style was a sight to behold. A real racer with no fear and looking forward to seeing his exploits this coming season and if he can carry on the form then the Russians have a real challenger for the world and team title. Anyone who has never been try Berlin in March 2016, you will not be disappointed

Personally doubt very much that Franky can now make a sustained challenge for the title.His best season is way back in 2000 when he finished second.Would love to see it,but he is too often injured,doesn't go particularly well in Russia and while he gets older the Russians bring a youngster through most years

You are right about Berlin though.A great weekend

Anyone remember Andrew Barret, born in the 60's and (I'm told) once rode for Cradley Heath in the Elite league (or what ever it was back then). He was at the Ylitornio FIM training camp riding ice speedway. Had decent speed as well.

Planning a short interview with him unless the FIM do it better as I'm told a short press release should come out shortly.

He's an Aussie, isn't he? Was also known as "Bill" Barrett in his speedway career, which would have been in the 1980s or early 90s.

Now an Aussie ice racer would be some novelty, I guess. There have been a few New Zealanders racing on the ice, most prominently Bruce Cribb, of course.