British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Belle Vue Vs Arena

Anybody interested?

I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing AJ and unless things go badly wrong, 3 points for the Aces.

Lakeside are stronger for R/R but really weak reserves.

If AJ is even slightly off it then BV should be hitting at least 50.

Need to buckle up now, make sure we win all our home meetings as a minimum going into the business end.

• Like 1

Doubt if many will attend this one, not anything to do with it being important for Belle Vue to win so they will be in the play offs but more to do with the lack of opposition who most likely will roll over very easily. I certainly can't see many Lakeside fans turning up expecting to get easily beaten who have no chance of making the play offs anyway.

BV have been getting decent crowds this year. Certainly up to the top as far that goes.

There is a lot more enthusiasm given that we are least competitive and have something to race for now. It's been a long time

The issue with Wednesday is last one was called off when fans were in stadium and paid up

Colin doesn't get to the track until later so can't determine what the state is and that is the biggest crowd factor

But tonight should be normal as we had no meeting on Monday

This is one of the meetings that the pokc sycophants correctly tell us would have been meaningless in the bad old days of 'best team over the whole season are champions' .

What would have almost certainly been our lowest gate of the season will probably be the biggest as pokc fever hits Manchester. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few over from Sheffield and maybe a few Bradford/Halifax fans making the journey to taste that special pokc atmosphere. Best advice is get there early, tapes up 8pm on the dot.

Thanks to the pokc no need for reduced admission tonight, oh no!

I hear Belle Vue are getting better attendances this season, most likely due to the improved performance of the team and of course being in contention for the play offs definately helps otherwise they wouldn't bother would they.

I hear Belle Vue are getting better attendances this season, most likely due to the improved performance of the team and of course being in contention for the play offs definately helps otherwise they wouldn't bother would they.

Must admit, I've hardly been this season, regardless of position in the league, simply had enough of farcical encounters with 'select teams' week in week out around the country as Speedway masquerades itself as a 'professional sport'

When it's not worth winning a competition with so little integrity, it's not worth paying a ridiculous entrance fee to watch it...

Missing most of this years meetings has meant though that the 'Cardiff fund' was well covered so 'every cloud and all that'....!

Four Lakeside riders there tonight, eight guests/double uppers/downers/in/out/shake it all abouters, oh the okey cokey, cokey....

You put three riders in, you take four riders out, in out, in out etc etc..

Happy days.....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Lakeside look like they could be heading for their first away win.

Congratulations Belle Vue although they made hard work of it. Another 3 points in the play off race. Lakeside did well to keep it close for so long esp when you look at the reserve pairing they had to use.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Good result for the Aces made even better by watching the updates from Poole. Some decent races but not a lot of passing. Lakeside did better than expected although relied mainly on two riders, Jonsson and Bech, who were both impressive. Clegg did better than his points suggest and fought hard. Don't know why Jonsson was replaced in the race when he and Zagar were excluded for tape offences. If he had started on 15 meters with Zagar there was every chance he would have scored at least a point whereas putting Clegg in was always likely to end with him finishing last. Also, why no Jonsson in heat 15 when it was still possible for Lakeside to earn a point?

For the Aces a solid team performance, it took too long to get going but I always felt we would win comfortably.

Nasty fall for Bech in heat 15. He walked back to the pits so hopefully he is ok. Interestingly, it was Craig Cook who stopped and spent time making sure he was ok whilst he was still down on the track and nice to see Neil Vatcher shaking his hand to thank him.

Don't know why Jonsson was replaced in the race when he and Zagar were excluded for tape offences. If he had started on 15 meters with Zagar there was every chance he would have scored at least a point whereas putting Clegg in was always likely to end with him finishing last..

Jonsson wasn't excluded for tapes offence, he moved in first running and was warned and then in rerun he moved again which caused Zagar to go through the tapes, Zagar rightly excluded for tapes but Jonsson was excluded for presumably delaying the start which you can't go 15m from

I know he was excluded for moving at the tapes I was just using tape offence as shorthand to cover both riders. However, I hadn't thought through that he couldn't then go off 15m.Still puzzled as to why Jonsson didn't go in heat 15 with a league point at stake.

Jonsson wasn't excluded for tapes offence, he moved in first running and was warned and then in rerun he moved again which caused Zagar to go through the tapes, Zagar rightly excluded for tapes but Jonsson was excluded for presumably delaying the start which you can't go 15m from

That is a farce surely.

The ref is excluding a rider for 'delaying the start', so surely the start hasn't happened.. The ref is also saying he was the 'cause'. So how does Zagar get excluded?

It's the equivalent of a rider wiping another out, being excluded for foul riding and then excluding the one who got knocked off for not clearing the track.

I know he was excluded for moving at the tapes I was just using tape offence as shorthand to cover both riders. However, I hadn't thought through that he couldn't then go off 15m.Still puzzled as to why Jonsson didn't go in heat 15 with a league point at stake.

Neil Vatcher is a tactical genius!

Edited by BWitcher