British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Leicester V Lakeside Sat 1st August

Its a mess, when it suits certain teams, it's in the "best interests" of British Speedway.. When it is in the interests of the "new team" on the block, they can go and get f####d!!!

I just wonder how much Mr Hemsley has "endeared" himself to other promoters over the past few years, and more specifically with his fellow EL promoters over the past two seasons.

There have been episodes within the public domain such as the statement about the Kings Lynn track (whilst at the same time "bigging up" his own one); comments about Peter Karlsson last season (ok - not direct but it was obvious who he was talking about), and the somewhat public spat with Swindon last season over fixture planning - and maybe things going on this year regarding the projected transfer of Doyle.

Generally the rather "braggadocio" attitude which seems to have been emitted since Leicester re-opened, admittedly much of it more comedic in value, but comments about Leicester getting meetings on when other tracks can't (because we have a "can do" attitude here at Leicester, or something like that), maybe that has just got up the nose of other promoters?

So when the chance comes along to kick some sand in his face.........could they resist that opportunity?

Lions didn't field their team nor did the Hammers so hardly a fair comparison. In reality with 50% of the combined line up being guests this meeting should have been listed as a challenge match so that at least after a long lay off the promotion had a meeting fro the fans to watch.

Interestingly, Hammers had the larger portion of the guests which apparently was finally arrived at after rule bending (a polite way of saying they were allegedly allowed to cheat by another promoter) to allow Harris in as a guest meaning that 57% the Hammers final line up was made up of guests who collectively scored 65% of the teams total score.

I am also prepared to say that Norrie in his role of team manager failed to field a suitably strong team particularly at reserve, where although hard to explain Richard Hall being seen as an up and coming rider Norrie was slow off the mark to book Hall for the Lions. Sorry but clearly 1 up to the Hammers management.

Overall, a truly bad advert for British Speedway capped by a referee who had to admit publically that he did not fully understand the rules.

The downside with converting it to a challenge match, is it would have meant three home matches against Lakeside in one season (wowee).

Or maybe it should have been changed to be a challenge match against Coventry, and let them have Sarjeant.

Will you please stop going on about dogs. Ask anyone who stood by me or walked by and they will tell you she was asleep on her blanket the whole time, apart from when she had a few biscuits and a drink in the interval. The promotion are also £14 better off because I went whereas I wouldn't have done otherwise.

Asleep on a blanket the whole time??......woken up to be given a few biccies and a drink at the interval (then back to sleep)??.......presumably didn't pay to get in??......sounds to me like the perfect way to "enjoy" matches at BP. :rofl:

• Like 1

Will you please stop going on about dogs. Ask anyone who stood by me or walked by and they will tell you she was asleep on her blanket the whole time, apart from when she had a few biscuits and a drink in the interval. The promotion are also £14 better off because I went whereas I wouldn't have done otherwise.

Speedway is not a place for a dog and I hope the promotion think again,I heard someone make a comment about why would someone bring a dog here,so I knew you were there. I am a massive dog lover so not anti dogs just think it's wrong.

As to the meeting,it was a farce, certain teams can do what they want and get away with it.

Rather pathetic all these allegations about cheating with no evidence. Lakeside chose their guests well but unless someone can provide a relevant precedent I will not be throwing lazy allegations of cheating at Lakeside.

http://youtu.be/u5Vy2CuezjE

Link to Norrie Allen's speech.

The rules do seem to be different for different teams. Made up as they go along nowadays.

blah blah blah blah... perhaps Norrie was expecting to see the teams as they were declared on the website?

• Like 1

Norrie Allen blames Wolves promoter Van Stratten for rule bending.

Most promoters blame MF for many things also.

• Like 1

So that's what the interval is for... I'm glad at least your dog enjoys it :lol:

So... I'm walking up the hill in the rain approaching the stadium and I can already hear the announcer banging on about the bloody interval, there's a 15 minute delay to let the rain clear, fair enough. Quite a long delay after heat 9 for Leicester to blade all the dirt off the track, that didn't really need it as it had been alright up until that point, I wonder if the fact that they were 8 points down at the time had anything to do with it... then a bloody interval as well after heat 11. All the shale dumped on the outside of the track seemed to cause 2 accidents involving Hall and Lawson, how the ref allowed it is beyond me?!? The ref didn't have a great night at all getting the exclusion wrong in Heat 12, there was also another incident that the ref missed, I can't remember the heat number (6?) when the rider in red definitely left the track after an unsatisfactory start yet wasn't excluded...

At least there wasn't a sun delay

• Like 1

Link to Norrie Allen's speech.

The rules do seem to be different for different teams. Made up as they go along nowadays.

OK

Brady Kurtz and Aaron Summers - I assume that means the 9th May fixture v Coventry.

So who were Leicester not allowed to track?

Edited by arnieg

Can any of the Leicester regular fans give a view as to what the crowd size was, compared to normal - in light of all the pre-publicised guests?

Edited by Skidder1

Rather pathetic all these allegations about cheating with no evidence. Lakeside chose their guests well but unless someone can provide a relevant precedent I will not be throwing lazy allegations of cheating at Lakeside.

According to the speedway regs. 14.4.1 the away team must inform the home team of their line up 4 days before the meeting.

Subsequent changes are allowed if circumstances change i.e. a rider is injured and therefore unavailable (the full list of acceptable reasons are given in the rules) In this particular instance after the 4 day cut Hammers adjusted their line up to accommodate Harris.

Now this may not be cheating in the true definition, but this action does not follow the rules. So lets say Hammers did not follow the rules (which I think some people do call cheating) but because their action was endorsed by CVS of Wolves (by the way does anyone know which team is in danger of Lions overtaking at the foot of the table?) the Hammers late change was deemed as permissible....Of course since such changers are now apparently arbitrarily allowed, one could question why we bother having rules in the first place.

Speedway promoters...please grow some balls and start acting like responsible custodians of a sport in need of some tender loving care rather than feeding it with the drugs of despair, greed & deceitful manipulation - and start by using a truly independent body regarding rules and regulations to police the sport in the UK..i.e. one that does not involve a promoter from the very league youa re involved I......

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 2

Can any of the Leicester regular fans give a view as to what the crowd size was, compared to normal - in light of all the pre-publicised guests?

Actually I thought it was quite healthy considering the weather and it was a nothing match with made up teams... just think what it could be if it was run properly

• Like 2

Actually I thought it was quite healthy considering the weather and it was a nothing match with made up teams... just think what it could be if it was run properly

Thanks. I was interested from the point of view on here that many people won't/don't attend due to the use of guests!

I don't seem to remember Norrie Allen whinging last season when Ben Morley was incorrectly excluded; nor when Adam Ellis was incorrectly removed from the meeting on medical grounds - particularly as the correct procedures were not adhered to by either Leicester's Medical Officer and Clerk of the Course (coupled with the incompetence of the referee, Peter Clarke).

Just to add I thought Neil Vatcher was pretty bad as a team manager; but how Leicester riders can get motivated listening to this dour, droning bloke is beyond me.

OK

Brady Kurtz and Aaron Summers - I assume that means the 9th May fixture v Coventry.

So who were Leicester not allowed to track?

They were denied the use of R Worrall at Kings Lynn Wed. Not sure if that's it

1 Valve- You mentioned Leicester being too slow off the mark to book Richard Hall as the guest my understanding is that Lakeside have had him booked for weeks well before Simon Lambert got injured and Josh Auty was ruled out.

I don't agree if what went on the background with Lakeside team changes and lack of control by BSPA and SCB however on the day Leicester were beaten by a better team and Swiderski is not the backup to Doyle that is required.