British Speedway Forum
Trevor

Belle Vue, Kings Lynn Or Swindon For 3rd/4th Spot

IF we've lost another heat leader, I think we should make a signing at 1. Who can we get with 9.27 to play with.?

If zagar is missing a couple of fixtures aj as guest is way to go.

If in doubt for the season Doyle or nki would seem the best options as replacements

Surely there is a deadline for Ford to make a decision? I guess Wednesday as that's the cut off point.

I would assume he doesn't have to make a decision until after the 7 day window for injury signings.

I would assume he doesn't have to make a decision until after the 7 day window for injury signings.

But that's Monday the date of the first leg! Fans need at least a few days notice to see where they have to be!

But that's Monday the date of the first leg! Fans need at least a few days notice to see where they have to be!

Oh right. Seems a bit unfair.

In that case he'll probably pick Coventry and leave Swindon to get tonked by Belle Vue.

Surely there is a deadline for Ford to make a decision? I guess Wednesday as that's the cut off point.

SCB said somewhere else that it's Friday.

If zagar is missing a couple of fixtures aj as guest is way to go.

If in doubt for the season Doyle or nki would seem the best options as replacements

16.3.4.1 stipulates the signing of riders not in current EL declared line-ups so Doyle and NKI are non-starters (and both have GSAs too high to allow them to guest for Zagar).

Also 16.3.4.1 uses the phrase 'long term' and if Zagar rides in the GPs I think it is open to interpretation what long-term means. (It is not defined in section 2)

• Like 1

A bit shoddy only giving a couple of days notice.

Why is everyone assuming Zagar will not be fit?

I think AJs average fits if Zagar pulls out.

AJ would be a great call. Really good around Kirky Lane and on most of the other three tracks.

If Zagar rides in the GP but not the playoffs it'll be doubtful BV would get a facility. I guess he'll ride though but its a question mark.

• Like 2

What SCB actually said is, the cut off is Friday and that they don't technically have to announce who they are going to chose until then..that MAY happen if they are still waiting to see what's happening with a signing for us and Zagars fitness.He did NOT say it would be Friday!!

16.3.4.1 stipulates the signing of riders not in current EL declared line-ups so Doyle and NKI are non-starters (and both have GSAs too high to allow them to guest for Zagar).

Also 16.3.4.1 uses the phrase 'long term' and if Zagar rides in the GPs I think it is open to interpretation what long-term means. (It is not defined in section 2)

ah, didnt know that rule, fair enough - worth a shot then to see if someone like Nicki, EMil or Greg are interrested -would be expensive but possibly worth it? otherwise AJ as guest.

Presumably if he was unable to ride EL for rest of the season that would be ok? If he was riding in Sweden or Polan obviously not, but surely GPS shouldnt rule out possibility of this facility.

If Zagar rides in the GP but not the playoffs it'll be doubtful BV would get a facility. I guess he'll ride though but its a question mark.

If fit to ride in the GP, he can ride Monday.

No way should a facility be given.

• Like 1

What SCB actually said is, the cut off is Friday and that they don't technically have to announce who they are going to chose until then..that MAY happen if they are still waiting to see what's happening with a signing for us and Zagars fitness.He did NOT say it would be Friday!!

Exactly what I said! Woz asked when the cut off day was and I said it was Friday didn't say it would be announced on Friday.